No announcement yet.

De La Hoya wants to sign Tank Davis, Ellerbe threatens him with lawyers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    How did he do anything illegal he said call us to get fights on DAZN exactly like hearn has said to numerous fighters. Hearn literally just did a video telling GGG and Charlo to come to DAZN. Charlo has a contract with haymon and GGG has a contract with K2. And there many more examples of him publically calling out fighters to reach out to him to get on DAZN just like Oscar just did. He didn't say call me to sign with Golden boy and break your Mayweather Promotions contract that would be illegal and tampering
    Exactly this.

Oscar made it clear that he wants Tank to fight on DAZN, and never said anything about signing a contract with GBP or DAZN to do it. He's just extending an offer to Tank, and obviously, Ellerbe isn't a lawyer and thought he could make something out of nothing.

Comment

Poor tank sat at home gettin fat wondering what the **** goin on with his career...

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I agree! Totally against holding fighters hostage keeping them on the shelf like Arum did Mikey Garcia. If Hearn willing to buy him out and Mayweather Promotions can Recoup when they Invested into Tank then take it and let him go and go find another fighter
        Floyd apparently got him a place away from his hood but still in Baltimore, got him a couple cars, and advanced him a ton of money to get situated.

Tank could end up being special in the way that Floyd expects, but I doubt that there is a promoter out there who would pay Floyd what he's out on the deal (for argument's sake, let's call it $500k), advance whatever it seems that Tank has been living on off of Floyd day-to-day, pay Davis what he's come to expect to fight for, and then make their own money on the deal at some point before Davis is done with the sport.

My opinion, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          yeah I think haymon has much control over mayweather cause I personally think mayweather has crossed over to that realm where hes so big he no longer looks at people who helped him along as they helped him he looks as it as he has helped them and Im sure Mayweather has everything to do with mares fight falling through you remeber he was sabatoging Tank world title defense cause tank wouldnt leave his trainer and team and use the team and trainer mawyeatehr wanted. So halting/sabotaging a fight is not above the pettiness of what mayweather is capable of
          Floyd had no issue with Tank's team; Floyd had issue with Tank Davis still being in his hood, running with his same crew, and putting himself (and everything that Floyd had planned for him) at risk.

Move yourself and your mom/family into one of the exurbs of Baltimore, bring your camps out of Baltimore, and move in a way that you understand the whole weight in on your shoulders so you can't **** up.

Being young I guess, Davis rejected the advice, put on a so-so performance, missing weight on the stage that was supposed to launch him, in fighting from home, got himself into a little bit of trouble, and then decided to move his camps to Kevin Cunningham's camp in Florida instead of staying home.

Comment

Tank is talented but lacks discipline. Floyd couldn't save him I doubt Oscar can. Tank will self destruct like Joan Guzman.

Comment

These people like Ellerbe, Floyd, are selfish people.
              They'd rather just let their fighters rot on the shelf instead of letting them go.
              Dulorme left TMT and came back in the ring rejuvenated,
              and drew with Vargas. Hope he was compensated well.
              Last edited by rickJen; 10-20-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Floyd apparently got him a place away from his hood but still in Baltimore, got him a couple cars, and advanced him a ton of money to get situated.

Tank could end up being special in the way that Floyd expects, but I doubt that there is a promoter out there who would pay Floyd what he's out on the deal (for argument's sake, let's call it $500k), advance whatever it seems that Tank has been living on off of Floyd day-to-day, pay Davis what he's come to expect to fight for, and then make their own money on the deal at some point before Davis is done with the sport.

My opinion, anyway
                You make a valid point for sure, it is going to be costly to get Tank out of his deal with Mayweather and while he is talented not sure if he is worth what Mayweather Promotions would likely ask for

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  lol Oscar is clearly just trolling but to the larger point there is clearly something going on between floyd and tank he's too young and in high demand for him to not be fighting. Haymon is the man in the middle and seems like even he can't fix this rift. It's not a good look for tank to be airing it out to the public on Twitter but because he is we know the beef is between floyd not haymon. He still talking glowingly about haymon and haymon has deals with showtime and fox and you nuts if you think those guys wouldn't love to hand out dates for tank. This is all a petty payback from Floyd by putting him on the shelf tank has all but confirmed as much.

I think they need to just go their separate ways this has gotten too ugly and dragged on long enough. Tank needs to just be advised by haymon with no promoter or needs to clean house completely and sign with a new promoter for the betterment of his career. Because if Haymon can't fix this situation with Mayweather Promotions then what's the point of having Haymon anyway? He has fought just 1 in 14 months and has no fight scheduled in the near future has suffered no injury or loss to explain the layoff.
                  Tank's situation is why you never live on advances on advances. Rather than grind things out like Spence, the Charlo brothers, even Adrian Broner to an extent, or a fighter like Badou Jack, Davis saw the AB Show before he really even accomplished anything, impressed Floyd enough in the gym to get him interested, and started splurging on advances before even getting to his first world title shot.

He and Floyd now have some real issue, the deal runs for another two years, Davis owes Floyd a ton of advance money, and Davis doesn't have the money to pay Floyd back or bring someone new on board to pay Floyd back.

Beyond that, let's not act as if Davis getting arrested didn't derail a few things.

Hopefully the Mares fight does happen, but if Floyd chooses to sit Davis down, run out the two years on the deal and cut his losses, and let Davis find someone else to advance him, I wouldn't be thrown too much.

Comment

Its the fight game. First off, you get a kid from Baltimore who has no understanding of what a contract really is about. I live in Baltimore and most businesses are lucky if their employees show up at the job, forget about honoring an agreement and doing a good job. People quit jobs and quit school, there is a gigantic economy of drugs...heck even the major gangs avoid Baltimore and DC, it takes some sense of commitment to be a crip lol.

So a kid like Tank comes out of this and is supposed to be able to understand and abide by a commitment, and who is there to advise this kid? Lawyers? well... it don't look to me like any lawyer sat down with Tank... And Floyd and Oscar are both lowlifes and they know how to get what they want. First mistake was accepting anything from Floyd... Floyd does not give you things Tank, he makes you beholden to him.

You think a kid like this is savy enough to say to Floyd, "keep your car and Baltimore county diggs, you want to sign me you will give me a bonus?" And then you have a kid having to understand the relative merits versus liabilities of a long term contract? Does this kid even have a lawyer, or a mentor, to represent him? He should be forcing Floyd to fight him the amount of times he needs to fight a year.

Some of you will object to calling Floyd and Oscar lowlifes but i stand by my assertion. Ellerbe and Hamon are business men...of a sort. Floyd knows that he can control ignorance by giving a few cars away and a pad lol. He should be reinforcing succesful training habits. he should be paying Tank a visit and telling him to stay the **** away from broner... he should be mentoring these young guys instead of being a selfish bald prick.

And Oscar? very manipulative guy. I would like a look at that deal... Thats a long contract, is that really in Canelo's interest? Promoters are there because fighters don't truly have the understanding to know how contracts work, and how they should be written at arms length by both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                      Even as a fan of Floyd, if I were an up and coming boxer, I’d sign any other promoter but him. Everyone can see that he loves the spotlight and will never let his fighters outshine him.
                      Badou Jack and Andrew Tabiti and Ishe Smith and Ladarius Miller, and others can likely say different.

Floyd loves workhorses; if you're ready to come in, work as hard as you can, and take advantage of every opportunity that he can bring to you, Floyd is going to back you until you no longer want to keep fighting, whether you win or lose.

If you half-ass the work, don't perform, or try to pick/choose the opportunity to fight, Floyd likely gets issues with you.

Joey Spencer has mainlined his deal with Haymon, but that'd be the type of up and coming boxer that Floyd would likely go all in for; self-motivated, hardworker, level-headed, and ready to fight whenever a fight can be brought to him. He'll tick through the levels, trust the camp around him, put in the work for whatever opportunity comes up, and rise as the doors open up (without much of the "outside of the ring" shenanigans).

Comment

Working...
                      X