Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats going to be the impact of Canelo leaving PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats going to be the impact of Canelo leaving PPV?

Are most mfers who would've been potential buyers just going to ignore boxing PPV's & mainstream boxing in general since for the first time since Tyson was active the biggest fighter in the game isn't doing PPV's?

Or will the lack of Canelo PPV's get people buying whatever the biggest PPV fights are now more than they might of in the past since they aren't saving their $80 for Canelo anymore?

Or are mfers bolting for DAZN now that the biggest name in the game is there to either pay $20 for his 2 fights a year or become a regular subscriber of the service?

Or what do you think is going to be the move by most of these past PPV buyers?

why would fans be against paying $80-$90 to watch a fight? fxck PPV. get rid of it. the only name that'll generate millions of sales is Floyd, even at 42 years old. after him there is no one.. Canelo is not in Floyd's league.

Comment

I'm not sure if Canelo has enough weight to change the market but I'm really interested to see what happens. On the surface, it looks dangerous to me, for all parties involved. One side is perhaps overpaying a fighter who just failed a test and who has been very fortunate in many of his wins. On the other side, a guy who is doing very well on ppv could risk falling into obscurity if the fans don't bite on the dazn thing.

I think they'll do well enough to survive, but I've a feeling dazn might end up resorting to an addl fee for premium fights, which would essentially be ppv. Seems hard to believe they're going to get mad subscribers in the states when their intro to the market is Canelo v fielding.

If they can sign high quality fights, I think they may play a big part in the end of boxing ppv. Just doesn't feel like that's going to happen though.

Comment

Canelo only fights twice a year. Him goin to DAZN has no effect on PPV and boxing on ESPN/SHO/FOX.

It's basically up to are the fights good enough and/or big enough to produce revenue.

Comment

ZERO! If it is a big fight people will buy as just seen with McGregor vs Khabib even Casuals bought that one

The Hardcore Boxing Fans is not who they're going after, they already have our Attention by Default, it is the CASUALS who you want the interest of MORE and who Drive PPV Buys Up. They also more willing to spend more money than the Hardcore Fan who is on this damn forum asking for links every fight

Comment

The Wilder/Fury PPV will be the measuring stick in a post HBO PPV world.

It will impact anything Top Rank/ESPN, PBC/Sho/Fox ect...
            Hearn said in an interview that he would be surprised if Wilder/Fury even cracks 250k.

What does anyone honestly Think the numbers for Wilder/Fury be & what price $$??
            Will it impact Pacquaio/Broner... Were they gonna try to sell this on PPV???

Obviously outside a circus fight like Vs. Khabib or LeBron James, + the window for that type of fight ends with Mayweather for the most part. (Maybe 2 years)

Comment

wilder - fury will still sell. joshua - wilder would still sell, but it's pretty obvious that hearn is going to try and hide joshua behind the platform now. you saw how he beamed. "we have dazn, we don't need pay per view, all you have to do is sign to dazn."

fury - wilder will be the litmus test. canelo signing to dazn has thrown a wrench in haymon's plans with wilder, that is for sure. and yes, they are feeling the heat at the moment.
              Last edited by New England; 10-18-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post

Hearn said in an interview that he would be surprised if Wilder/Fury even cracks 250k.

What does anyone honestly Think the numbers for Wilder/Fury be & what price $$??

Obviously outside a circus fight like Vs. Khabib or LeBron James, + the window for that type of fight ends with Mayweather for the most part. (Maybe 2 years)
                fury - wilder will be 70 - 80 usd, which is probably 55-60 british pounds. i expect it to sell between 500 and maybe 700k ppvs, and do a modest but substantial gate for a "big fight" in las vegas. let's say 20 million + from ticket sales. it may do less. it may crack a million buys. it's HW, wilder has freakish power and he's american, it's an easy sale. and hwen wilder is not shouting bomb squad like a moron he can actually be a very charming southerner and sell the fight on TV.

that's about 2/3 of what canelo and golovkin did at the gate and on ppv. a little less, actually. canelo - golovkin was an 80 dollar ppv and sold around 1.1 million according to the sources, but that number has not been verified.

can you imagine a dude trying to make a fight saying he'd be surprised if the suspected opponent cracked 250 K PPV ?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  fury - wilder will be 70 - 80 usd, which is probably 55-60 british pounds. i expect it to sell between 500 and maybe 700k ppvs, and do a modest but substantial gate for a "big fight" in las vegas. let's say 20 million + from ticket sales. it may do less. it may crack a million buys. it's HW, wilder has freakish power and he's american, it's an easy sale. and hwen wilder is not shouting bomb squad like a moron he can actually be a very charming southerner and sell the fight on TV.

that's about 2/3 of what canelo and golovkin did at the gate and on ppv. a little less, actually. canelo - golovkin was an 80 dollar ppv and sold around 1.1 million according to the sources, but that number has not been verified.

can you imagine a dude trying to make a fight saying he'd be surprised if the suspected opponent cracked 250 K PPV ?
                  Yeah, Its deffinetly Hearns way of trying to diminish both Wilder & Fury.

I will be giving my PPV $$$ to this event as a huge Wilder fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post

I think 250k isn't a bad guess. They should be targeting for 300k-350k buys. The price should be no lower than $70 bucks. I'd personally put it at $75 bucks. If you are going to buy it for $60 or $65 bucks, then you surely will buy it with a $5-$10 dollar increase. And for those turned off buy the increase in price, you more than make up for it with the increased price.

Comment

Working...
                    X