Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NFL/Boxing Theory have some real weight behind it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree completely and vigorously with all that gibberish you call a theory.

The reason they're MIA in boxing and playing other sports is simple. It hurt their face when punched

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      It really does. I'm not saying that if the NFL guys boxed, they will be Lennox Lewises and Wladimir Klithscko's. I'm just saying that boxing really did lose multiple heavyweight champions to the NFL. Caliber wise? Who knows, but the theory is legit.

Look at some examples:

Seth Mitchell. Bryant Jennings. Detontay Wilder.

Dominic Breazzle will probably not go far, but the fact that he boxed for one year and made the Olympics team is still impressive. Imagine he started at a very young age instead?

Former Heavyweight champions in regards to American Football:

Lennox Lewis

"I played football when I was young, I ended up going with boxing"
      Lewis was a first team stand out and was scouted by numerous colleges.
      Riddick Bowe was a WR and his coach begged him to play football instead of box.
      Ray Mercer played football leading up to Army.
      Tony Tucker.
      Tyrell Biggs.

Once again, I'm not saying that any top NFL player could have become the HW Champ, but it will be pure ignorance to deny the fact that

Robert Griffin 3 or Cam Newton would have made great prospects.
      Yea, I guess guys like Lennox, bowe, mercer etc chose to box cuz they're fighters, not football players...and it shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        Boxing doesn't have free college scholarships like other sports
        Northern Michigan University used to/maybe still does. Al Mitchell used to/maybe still does work up there. A lot of high level amateurs spent time in the UP of Michigan there back in the day I know.

But point taken its not something standard in colleges like football & basketball scholarships.

Comment

• 5 year necrobumped thread

Comment

Working...
          X