No announcement yet.

Marquez vs Cotto 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Yawn. Cotto agreed to the weight and it was his responsibility to be at his best. Pac was coming up from 140 after crushing Hatton. You really think after watching the Pac/Cotto fight that if Cotto had those two extra pounds it would have made a difference?

While we're on denials of rematches, JMM wanted no part of a 5th Pac fight once he heard VADA would be necessary. He even said he would not fight for $100M. THAT is all telling.
    he doesnt know what he's talking about. the rematch didnt happen not because of pac wanting a cw. the rematch didnt happen because cotto wouldnt fight pac at 147 and instead wants to do it at a cw of 150. but after pac fought marg at 150 pac already said he's not doing that again.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      he doesnt know what he's talking about. the rematch didnt happen not because of pac wanting a cw. the rematch didnt happen because cotto wouldnt fight pac at 147 and instead wants to do it at a cw of 150. but after pac fought marg at 150 pac already said he's not doing that again.
      Yep, after fighting a Margarito who was almost 170 lbs. on fight night, he said no more fights above 147. Some people conveniently forget that he came up from 107 and only stands around 5'5".

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
        He beat him because of weight and wanted nothing to do with Cotto without a CW. Cotto said himself he would never do that to his body again for another fighter.

Manny called Cotto out again in a rematch and Cotto said sure but no CW Manny said no thanks.
        There was always excuses every time cotto lost. I lost count of how many trainers he had cause they usually got tossed aside after a loss. Then they blamed weight on him putting bad performances in at 147 but then when he moved to 154 'he too small'

Comment

Yep, after fighting a Margarito who was almost 170 lbs. on fight night, he said no more fights above 147. Some people conveniently forget that he came up from 107 and only stands around 5'5".
          I remember reading Pac was laying in bed for like 3 days after Margarito.

Comment

I've seen Cotto fight that guy Daniel Geale or whatever his name was at Barclays.

Atmosphere was great

Comment

Yawn. Cotto agreed to the weight and it was his responsibility to be at his best. Pac was coming up from 140 after crushing Hatton. You really think after watching the Pac/Cotto fight that if Cotto had those two extra pounds it would have made a difference?

While we're on denials of rematches, JMM wanted no part of a 5th Pac fight once he heard VADA would be necessary. He even said he would not fight for $100M. THAT is all telling.
              It doesnt matter who agreed to what as far as effecting the result of the fight on the night.

Yes those two extra pounds can mean a huge difference within the training camp if youre already fighting at your lowest weight, youre training to make weight not training to be as strong as you can be, its training all the way through camp lighter than you normally would. If it ment nothing why did Manny flat REFUSE to fight Cotto without it, they know exactly what it meant to boil him down to as low as they could get.

Cotto did not even want to put his title on the line because of the CW, good ol Bob fixed that throwing him under the bus, they originally wanted 144.

The 154 version of Cotto would run Manny over just like he was by Manny, that Cotto is sooooooo much stronger and more resilient than the rag at 145. A non CWd 147 Cotto would be a lot stronger than what he was, he would take a better shot and be able to push him back, a drained Cotto could do neither.

Mannys manipulation of weight over many fights is matchmaking genius I take my hat off to team Pac, it allowed Manny to appear like superman and the gullible fanboys swallowed it hook line and sinker, without the CWs he struggled with everyone.

Comment

One of my best boxing memories was watching Margarito beat Cotto’s azz and winning 3Gs..

Comment

Working...
                X