Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here actually believes Wilder is not only a good fighter but a top HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He hasn't done enough for me to say he's good or bad. He hasn't done much in general.

He beat the same guys 100 other guys have beaten but he looks like a Rocky movie character so he gets 10x more attention.

Comment

I'm not writing him off, but I'm far from sold. So far he is mostly hype and everybody knows it, including himself. His next fight should tell us more.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Seriously, you could take someone off of a college basketball court, get him a decent boxing trainer, set him up with a bunch of truck drivers and ko prone guys or fighters paid to take dives, get him to 30-0 mostly if not all kos. There is a reason his opposition is so poor, it is not accidental or because he has trouble finding better opponents but how many believe in this fabricated character?

vote in the poll
        He has power and is exciting to watch, but Tyson Fury is superior in every way.

WAR FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wilder vs Fury, now that's a fight I want to see.............

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Seriously, you could take someone off of a college basketball court, get him a decent boxing trainer, set him up with a bunch of truck drivers and ko prone guys or fighters paid to take dives, get him to 30-0 mostly if not all kos. There is a reason his opposition is so poor, it is not accidental or because he has trouble finding better opponents but how many believe in this fabricated character?

vote in the poll
            really? who is the last guy who had 30 straight KO wins, go on i'll wait..

i dont care how poor your opposition is, that many straight KOs is and impressive show of power. especially considering how brutally he put some of those guys out.

wilder is a tremendous talent, a once in a lifetime athlete. he got a late start in boxing which is why they have taken things slowly. his skills are still poor and he isnt very good overall. but to say he isnt an incredible talent and that you could just "take someone off of a college basketball court" thats like him is plain stupid.

again, im not saying im impressed with him overall. all im saying is this guy is a diamond in the rough with the potential to be a great fighter one day. but only provided they took their time, its not to build hype its to give him time to learn. he had like 25 fights in an amateur career that only lasted two years, he needed to take things slowly in the pro ranks to make up for that it doesnt mean the talent isnt there.

Comment

I think he's awful, but his power, size, and talent will cover it up and allow him to be a top 10 HW, maybe even more than that.

Comment

do you actually think scott, firtha, liakhovich, and harrison were paid to take dives?

Comment

I voted the second one. It's too hard/early to tell anything yet. He hasn't even been past a few rounds, so we simply don't, actually can't, know.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I think he's awful, but his power, size, and talent will cover it up and allow him to be a top 10 HW, maybe even more than that.
                    At the moment, based on everything I've seen, which still isn't much, this is exactly what I think too. Overall, I think he's pretty ****, but he's got some talent that'll take him to a top ten spot as well as the excellent luck of being in the worst heavyweight era ever. Still, he's got time and a team that's willing to move him slow and steady which is good, so maybe he'll get good enough that he can actually do something with his power.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      do you actually think scott, firtha, liakhovich, and harrison were paid to take dives?
                      I don't know if Scott was paid, but he obviously took a dive.

Comment

Working...
                      X