No announcement yet.

I have so much respect for Donaire for taking this fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Sure, he could have done that, but he would have gotten a lot of flak for not fighting either Rigo or Mares.
    The Mares fight wouldn't happen anyway, no matter how much people beg for it. Rigo was supposedly offered a meeting with Donaire if he re-upped his contract with Top Rank. This might ultimately be the reason why this fight is happening, but I can't be sure. In the absence of facts, I have to give credit to Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Not slighting Rigo at all.....

But he wasn't the top dog in the division when Donaire got there

This fight has only picked up steam in the last year or so

If Donaire wins this will be the 2nd time he has beat the #1 guy at the weight
      Rigo won a title @ 22 before Donaire did. So ..... ?

Comment

My problem with everyone [over]rating donaire so high is that they're looking at him on paper, and judging him off of that. I think Donaire, in regards to skill, is ridiculously over rated...seeing him ranked above Andre Ward a few months back was a travesty. Donaire has very little skill, he's done nothing that impresses me except knock out some past their prime tomato cans with a pretty brutal left hook...but need more than that for me. I see him the same way i see Rios...

Rigo on the other hand, demonstrates skill in every single fight, his movement, his ability to set traps..everything. He is a FAR FAR better fighter than Donaire..i havnet read/seen/heard anything other than the whole 'weak chin' crap and Donaires left hook as reasons for Donaire winning

Comment

He's tried to pull out of the fight like 6 times since it was announced. Donaire is a b1tch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
            My problem with everyone [over]rating donaire so high is that they're looking at him on paper, and judging him off of that. I think Donaire, in regards to skill, is ridiculously over rated...seeing him ranked above Andre Ward a few months back was a travesty. Donaire has very little skill, he's done nothing that impresses me except knock out some past their prime tomato cans with a pretty brutal left hook...but need more than that for me. I see him the same way i see Rios...

Rigo on the other hand, demonstrates skill in every single fight, his movement, his ability to set traps..everything. He is a FAR FAR better fighter than Donaire..i havnet read/seen/heard anything other than the whole 'weak chin' crap and Donaires left hook as reasons for Donaire winning
            tell that to Rigo and he might fell in love with u. Then Donaire will KO him just the same! watch Donaire aganst the lefty then report back to me! watch darchinyan and marquez fight! those are not tomato cans, darchi was top p4p, marquez was a young puncher, becomes a champ after that fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
              He's tried to pull out of the fight like 6 times since it was announced. Donaire is a b1tch.
              daym u guys got hate on donaire! he haven't ko rigo yet and ur hate was that intense? what more after the fight?

Comment

I lost a ton of respect for Donaire when he started bitching about pulling out the Rigo fight multiple times and for ducking Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  tell that to Rigo and he might fell in love with u. Then Donaire will KO him just the same! watch Donaire aganst the lefty then report back to me! watch darchinyan and marquez fight! those are not tomato cans, darchi was top p4p, marquez was a young puncher, becomes a champ after that fight!

Darchinyan and Marquez are not even close to the same level as Rigo... at any point in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    I lost a ton of respect for Donaire when he started bitching about pulling out the Rigo fight multiple times and for ducking Mares.
                    werd, that was the most ridiculous crap ive ever read. ..he's a little B

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
                      Darchinyan and Marquez are not even close to the same level as Rigo... at any point in their careers.
                      Once donaire KO that Chinny rigo, He'll join them as a victim as well!

Comment

Working...
                      X