No announcement yet.

Nick Diaz calls out Anderson Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Diaz calls out Anderson Silva

Nick Diaz wants Anderson "Playboy" Silva as his 185 comeback fight.

Anderson where you hiding at?

Come at me bro!

Win,Lose or Draw Nick is Teh Man

Comment

Nick would probably put up a better fight than most of Silva's recent opponents.

Comment

Diaz needs to win a fight before he challenges Silva. Not sure what Nick could do to Silva that he hasn't seen or have someone tried on him before though... Still, I like Diaz. Reminds me of Margarito lol

Comment

Silva's kicks would be an issue for Diaz. Still like to see it though, I wonder if Silva could match Diaz's pace...

Comment

From the desk of Cesar Gracie.

t’s been a trying time these last 4 months as I have been faced with the prospect that one of our team’s most talented fighters had decided to leave the sport. As a fan I’ve always admired what both of the Diaz’s brought to the cage; a combination of technical brilliance and raw violence.

Nate Diaz has finally put his game together and found the formula to propel him to the top of the 155lbs division. To see Nick leave at the top of his game was difficult.

For the last couple of months I’ve watched Nick begin to frequent the gym more and more. He’s training harder now than he has for many of his fights. It was obvious that training and fighting is in his DNA. It is who he is.

This week we had a great talk and he made it clear to me that he is ready to get back to the cage. Nick Diaz will return.

To address the NSAC suspension, I will say that we have appealed to the courts and if things go our way, it will be plausible that Nick could return as early as sometime at the end of this year.

For too long NSAC bureaucrats have acted with malicious incompetence towards the fighters. We will challenge them in court.

As far as future opponents, Nick has stated that he would like to take fights “that matter”. Since GSP will be fighting Condit, he has to look elsewhere. He will respectfully ask for a fight with Anderson Silva, a fighter he respects and would like to challenge.

Silva’s camp has been speaking of a fight with GSP, possibly even at a catch weight. Nick will take that fight in a minute but has told me that should Silva decide not to drop at all, he will move up to 185lbs to face the Champ.

I will be meeting with Dana next Monday August 6th to discuss this and other issues. If you appreciate Nick’s fighting style, please let Dana know that you want Nick back ASAP.

Thank you and best regards,

Cesar Gracie
            I don't see them beating the NSAC or Dana approving this fight....

Comment

Silva is better with his kicks.

They are just about even on the ground with the edge possibly going to Diaz.

Skill wise, their boxing is even, but Silva is the harder, more precise puncher with better head movement. That doesn't necessarily equate to better though because Diaz is just as effective with his style of boxing. The boxing is pretty even...

Damn I love this fight and I love Diaz's warrior spirit. Make it happen.

Comment

Cesar Gracie, the trainer and manager for Nick Diaz, made a recent statement that mentioned Diaz moving to middleweight and challenging Anderson Silva. Well, it appears another person is interested in the bout as well.

Ed Soares, Silva's manager, believes the UFC middleweight champion would welcome the challenge of Diaz. Of course, Diaz is currently suspended, but Gracie did say they are working to get him back inside the Octagon before the end of the year.

"I think the idea of (Silva vs. Diaz) is pretty good," Soares posted on his Twitter account. "Let's see what the UFC thinks?"

Diaz retired from MMA after a loss to Carlos Condit earlier this year, but most felt like it was only a matter of time before he returned. A positive test for marijuana metabolites found him with a suspension (until February) and a fine.
                http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...nderson-silva/

Comment

Even if the fight gets set up Nick will just get blazed again and forget when he has to show up lol

Comment

I think Dana White is too much of a sour **** to make this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X