Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only time Bradley looked Elite was in the Peterson fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I actually thought he looked elite in most of his fights that I have seen. Starting with the trouncing he gave Witter, knocking him down & about. Recovering from a brutal kd only to outhustle Holt the rest of the way.

Outboxing Alexander thoroughly before having Devon claim he couldn't see(out of the wrong eye). Demolishing a promising welterweight prospect. Except for ducking Khan, Bradley manages to win convincingly in my book, lacking any true power or size, can't complain bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Does anyone else think this, I mean in that fight his timing and counters were just perfect and he looked very slick. Every fight before that and after he looks to be honest just a bit above average kind of sloppy really lunging in swarming.
      I agree ! after the peterson fight he looked too wild and more like a brawler!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Well, I actually thought he looked elite in most of his fights that I have seen. Starting with the trouncing he gave Witter, knocking him down & about. Recovering from a brutal kd only to outhustle Holt the rest of the way.

Outboxing Alexander thoroughly before having Devon claim he couldn't see(out of the wrong eye). Demolishing a promising welterweight prospect. Except for ducking Khan, Bradley manages to win convincingly in my book, lacking any true power or size, can't complain bro.
        Yes he is winning convincingly but you did not notice how he looked so much better in the Peterson fight compared to all of his others?

Comment

Nobody looks good against Casamayor, Guerrero didn't, Marquez didn't, so why was Bradley expected to?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            Nobody looks good against Casamayor, Guerrero didn't, Marquez didn't, so why was Bradley expected to?
            not to mention, his bodyshots were great and he didnt even get hit....no one's destroyed casamayor like that...(yes, i know he is old...but he was percieved to be just as finished vs guerrero)

Comment

i agree i dont think bradley is as good as everyone on this board makes him seem, i think with a bit of improvements training khan will beat him

Comment

He's the most overrated fighter in boxing. He has poor defense, his punches are wide with poor technique, and he has no power. His only asset is speed, aside from that he's average all across the board.

Comment

Peterson is there to fight,so of course Bradley will look good against a fighter he won't have to run and find..Alexander is a mover,he never comes forward...Holt Witter(although I like the way he looked in the Witter/Holt fights)they move away,not really trying to exchange so Bradley has to hunt them down..Styles make fights,and Peterson is a fighter threw and threw,not gonna be hard to find him..It also makes a difference to the viewer,Bradley get's most the blame for the Alexander fight..Meanwhile it was Alexander who was clinching and none engaging..

So to answer ya question,I believe it has more to do with his opponents then it as to do with Bradley himself....

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Peterson is there to fight,so of course Bradley will look good against a fighter he won't have to run and find..Alexander is a mover,he never comes forward...Holt Witter(although I like the way he looked in the Witter/Holt fights)they move away,not really trying to exchange so Bradley has to hunt them down..Styles make fights,and Peterson is a fighter threw and threw,not gonna be hard to find him..It also makes a difference to the viewer,Bradley get's most the blame for the Alexander fight..Meanwhile it was Alexander who was clinching and none engaging..

So to answer ya question,I believe it has more to do with his opponents then it as to do with Bradley himself....
                    They forget it was Alexander who came to spoil that fight, Bradley also put on a very good performance against Holt despite the knock downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                      Bradley has his flaws but he is pretty well rounded.

Given that there is little in terms or genuine and elite talent outout there it is good enough.
                      i picture half of boxingscene posters wearing that boxrec tshirt lol

Comment

Working...
                      X