Collapse
No announcement yet.

speaker bass people..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn the crossover as low as it gets. it may sound like less bass, but it is just deeper.

then turn crossover up to level that sounds right, probly around 90 - 120 hz.
    Last edited by djteo; 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
      there are some songs you have to adjust for does it sound better when you do? is this a cd or mp3 that your listening to? if its an mp3 you might be able to get a flac or alac(ipods) version (or just listen to the cd) i find they tend retain quality at higher lvls then mp3s.
      mostly ipod, it doesn't do it when I listen to xm radio or a cd.. I did play with it today and did what you said about turning the bass all the way down it did sound a lot better..thanks
      Originally posted by Ylem View Post
      there definitely is a solid static noise or something in the background thats really annoying.
      that's just the youtube version..it doesn't sound like that on my ipod
      Originally posted by djteo View Post
      turn the crossover as low as it gets. it may sound like less bass, but it is just deeper.

then turn crossover up to level that sounds right, probly around 90 - 120 hz.
      is that something that's on the amp?

Comment

I don't come from a speaker bass family but could it be that you're buying bootlegged cd's at the flea market on Sundays? That could be the root of the problem............... just trying to help..

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
          I don't come from a speaker bass family but could it be that you're buying bootlegged cd's at the flea market on Sundays? That could be the root of the problem............... just trying to help..
          sweety I haven't been to a flea market since I was like 10 yrs old..

btw you may need to go get those eyes checked again old man ...I said it doesn't do it with cds

Comment

Yeah mp3s tend to suck at higher volume levels since the encodeing process losses some of the bits of information and the sampling rate isnt really all that good either. id reccomend doing some searching on torrent sites for flac versions of the songs then using db power amp batch converter to turn it into alac for playing on your ipod. it will take up alot more space like 400 mb per album or 25 mb per song but it sounds better.flac/alac's sampled at like 700-1200 kbps compared to mp3/acc's at 256-312 kbps as well flac/alac is lossless and mp3s and acc's are lossy.

as far as searching your probably not going to be able to find just the one song in flac though i may be wrong, so search for the album.

Comment

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~* View Post
              that 12in speaker I bought puts out too much bass on certain songs..I can't even hear the words. I've turned the bass level down, it still didn't do anything. It only happens on certain songs.. what's the problem or what do I need to do?

it depends on your player and the mp3 quality

Comment

Working...
              X