No announcement yet.

speaker bass people..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker bass people..

that 12in speaker I bought puts out too much bass on certain songs..I can't even hear the words. I've turned the bass level down, it still didn't do anything. It only happens on certain songs.. what's the problem or what do I need to do?

Well i find the idea is to have your bass all the way off on your sound system. essentially then the sub will be the only thing putting out bass and your car speakers will take care of the treble.

the sub is running off an amp right? perhaps turning down the gain on the amp will help as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
      Well i find the idea is to have your bass all the way off on your sound system. essentially then the sub will be the only thing putting out bass and your car speakers will take care of the treble.

the sub is running off an amp right? perhaps turning down the gain on the amp will help as well.
      yea it's running off an amp.. I mean it only happens on certain bass levels

like this song it does it

when it gets to 24 seconds that part, then the girl sings it's fine but after 1:05 it starts doing it again

Comment

cant really watch the video right now but ahhh yeah if your head unit has any kind of bass boost or base equalizer turn that stuff off. a sub is for bass and if your adding bass to the song the sub will try to put out more then just the bass like the words as well or even the trebel parts of the song will be bassy enough that the sub will try to put it out. the lyrics should be comeing out your car speakers and only the bass should be coming out your sub.

on the amp there might be different frequency knob's that you can mess with as well as gain which is kinda like a volume knob. put on a bassy song and mess around with stuff on your amp.

with your bass all the way down on your head unit turn up the trebel so now the lyrics are coming out in your car and you can turn up the volume on your head unit and the lyrics should get louder with out effecting the sub as much.

your best bet is to experiment till it sounds right that way you learn what your doing so you can adjust it in the future if something else is wrong. you got all the diffrent options play around with them listen for the diffrence and change it how you want it.

Comment

Bloodclaart Mal i turn up my Bass..Nothing like vibrations hitting you when Dancehall is busting out Scliff in mouth drawing heavy B line...

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
            cant really watch the video right now but ahhh yeah if your head unit has any kind of bass boost or base equalizer turn that stuff off. a sub is for bass and if your adding bass to the song the sub will try to put out more then just the bass like the words as well or even the trebel parts of the song will be bassy enough that the sub will try to put it out. the lyrics should be comeing out your car speakers and only the bass should be coming out your sub.

on the amp there might be different frequency knob's that you can mess with as well as gain which is kinda like a volume knob. put on a bassy song and mess around with stuff on your amp.

with your bass all the way down on your head unit turn up the trebel so now the lyrics are coming out in your car and you can turn up the volume on your head unit and the lyrics should get louder with out effecting the sub as much.

your best bet is to experiment till it sounds right that way you learn what your doing so you can adjust it in the future if something else is wrong. you got all the diffrent options play around with them listen for the diffrence and change it how you want it.
            yea I've been playing around with the settings but I'll try to put the bass all the way day ..some times it sounds weird when I do that ...hmm thanks

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
            Bloodclaart Mal i turn up my Bass..Nothing like vibrations hitting you when Dancehall is busting out Scliff in mouth drawing heavy B line...
            no I like the vibration but I wanna hear the words lol

Comment

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~* View Post
              yea I've been playing around with the settings but I'll try to put the bass all the way day ..some times it sounds weird when I do that ...hmm thanks

no I like the vibration but I wanna hear the words lol
              there are some songs you have to adjust for does it sound better when you do? is this a cd or mp3 that your listening to? if its an mp3 you might be able to get a flac or alac(ipods) version (or just listen to the cd) i find they tend retain quality at higher lvls then mp3s.

Comment

You need to mosh harder.

Comment

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~* View Post
                  yea it's running off an amp.. I mean it only happens on certain bass levels

like this song it does it

when it gets to 24 seconds that part, then the girl sings it's fine but after 1:05 it starts doing it again
                  The problem is the **** song. I can't make out the words either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sαntα View Post
                    The problem is the **** song. I can't make out the words either.
                    there definitely is a solid static noise or something in the background thats really annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X