Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people afraid to joke about Obama?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Are people afraid to joke about Obama?

I think so.

I mean, Letterman said Obama was "too competent" to make a joke about. Meanwhile his mind moves to Pakistan when he loses his teleprompter.

The WH Correspondent's dinner is almost always about jokes and having fun/ joking about the president. Yet Wanda Sykes was there to wish Rush Limbaugh death by kidney failure and he's all laughing giddly. Even Robert Gibbs agreed that it was inappropriate.

There's certainly much to joke about..Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Tax Cheat Geithner, the unAmerican Mustard incident, sleeping with his teleprompter, etc.... I think that people are afraid to joke about him, we certainly already know that the car companies/banks are afraid of the administration.

funniest Obama joke: "Maybe Bill Ayers picked [CIA Director] Leon Panetta"-Michael Savage.

Comment

Of course they are. If he was just a Democrat it would be o.k. If he was just Black it would be o.k. (Remember the Condeleeza Rice Jokes, and cartoons)
      But Black + Democrat equals untouchable.

Comment

not that i liked bush at all but if he made the special olympics crack he would never live it down for the whole 8 years, even if he did apologize too. i never heard anything about it after that. if it was a republican bill maher woulda been going crazy on his show and making his smug little jokes.

Comment

Now, doesn't this say something about the nature of the Obama administration and its relationship with the media AND our 1st Amendment?

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
            Now, doesn't this say something about the nature of the Obama administration and its relationship with the media AND our 1st Amendment?
            No, I think it's more to do with your adolescent commitment to a particular political slant. I think you you adopted this stances because you find yourself to be a delightfully clever contrarian who is brighter than all your peers because you can see the "truth" and it happens to be in opposition with everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
              not that i liked bush at all but if he made the special olympics crack he would never live it down for the whole 8 years, even if he did apologize too. i never heard anything about it after that. if it was a republican bill maher woulda been going crazy on his show and making his smug little jokes.
              Bill Maher always makes snide jokes about President Obama. He made some about Obama in his opening monologue and created a new rule just for him.

New Rule: The Obama Administration must not do stupid things that remind us of something Bush would do. Whoever decided it would be a neat idea to have an airliner buzz New York City should be kissed on the mouth by a runny-nosed Mexican.

Comment

No. Most GOOD comedians however, happen to be Domacrats or lean towards the side. So they don't see him as someone to mock. He doesn't help by trying to be humble, even during his mistakes.

Whereas, with Bush, Democratic comedians had a Republican who made PLENTY of mistakes and then walked around saying.. 'Mission ACCOMPLISHED' afterwards.

Comment

well i know what kind of jokes id make about obama......

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Martyr View Post
                    well i know what kind of jokes id make about obama......
                    yo mamma ones or knock knock?

Comment

Working...
                    X