Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy? Joe Calzaghe or Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Joe of course he beat the Great Roy Jones and Benard Hopkins, while Ward best win is 8 nut punches to Kovalev, First fight he lost I don't care what the cards say
    That's the Rabies talking.

Comment

Ward by 4309421 miles

Comment

Joe has the better legacy.

Better coke-snorting legacy.

Comment

Calzaghe easy. Ward's best "wins" were a loss and a low blow fight which should have been DQ. He never unified 168 either and fought everyone after they had lost. Also he was a big cheat who never complied with boxing rules and always fought at home.

Ward is the most overrated fighter of the modern era.

Comment

I think it's funny that there are so many "ward easy" posts. In a couple of years after the dust settles from ward's retirement, people will be better able to make this call.

For me, it's Calzaghe. He has better wins in a better fashion with minimal controversy (Hello Ms. Byrd!)

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Calzaghe easy. Ward's best "wins" were a loss and a low blow fight which should have been DQ. He never unified 168 either and fought everyone after they had lost. Also he was a big cheat who never complied with boxing rules and always fought at home.

Ward is the most overrated fighter of the modern era.
              Miguel Cotto AKA lineal 160 champ that had to weight drain a "BUM" to 157 which is unheard of.

Comment

C- troll thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Ward by far

Kovolev twice, froch, Kessler >>> old Hopkins, lacy, Kessler
                  The Eubank Calzaghe beat was at least as good as Froch. Calzaghe beat Kessler clean without cuts from headbutt. Old Hopkins went on to beat Pavlik by a mile, beat Pascal and years later was still good enough to extend Kovalev. Lacy was a decent win although revisionist history now makes him a bum. No, it's debatable, but not by far at all.

Comment

It's whatever you like but its not this clear undisputable thing the hate crew make it on here. Lacy was a good win, that has been changed by revisionist history now. Calzaghe beat Kessler in good clean style, not on cuts from head clashes. The Hopkins he's beat is termed old, but went on to do well, beating Pavlik and Pascal ect. The Eubank Calzaghe beat was to me at least as good as Froch. Joe himself was advanced in years when he beat Jones out of sight. No, it's not a clear thing. And I think Calzaghe is an arsehole.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                      The Eubank Calzaghe beat was at least as good as Froch. Calzaghe beat Kessler clean without cuts from headbutt. Old Hopkins went on to beat Pavlik by a mile, beat Pascal and years later was still good enough to extend Kovalev. Lacy was a decent win although revisionist history now makes him a bum. No, it's debatable, but not by far at all.
                      Agreed, Eubank (even an old one) is better than Froch. Calzaghe who was well past his best comfortably beat Kessler.

I had Hopkins beating Calzaghe in a close fight, I also had Kovalev beating Ward even more cleanly in their first fight. For me Ward's legacy is tarnished by his headbutting, low blows and other general unsporting conduct. Calzaghe wasnt a great fighter imo but at least he was a clean one.

Neither had the best resume's but for people to Say Ward had a much better legacy is quite frankly ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                      X