Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post
    I am in no way shape or form bashing...I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want... im just wondering if this is true...

are there any other things like this about the bible?? contradiction, interesting anecdotes, or outdated stuff that would go against main stream society?

school me...........

In the bible, God appeared as an angel to Lot, as a man to Jacob, as a burning bush to Moses, and as Jesus to the people of that time. In physical form God manifests Himself multiple times in the bible, these are forms that people can understand and handle. What the biblical verse in Genesis 32 and other parts of the bible refers to, is God unrestrained in His full glory, which no one knows what that is, or otherwise they'd be dead.

Comment

I know one. I can't recite a specific verse but its considered your duty as a Christian forgive those who hurt you and return have hate. Hate is a burden your soul and God is your refuge to deliver that pain and sorrow. Take the shooting here in Charleston. The victims families forgave Dillon Ruth in the bond hearing. That takes real strength.
      The mainstream media initially had mixed feelings about their forgiveness. They couldn't fathom why they and the largely African American community would do this. Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon with the rest of the media parade rushed into town fully expecting our city to riot and burn itself down with how atrocious the hate crime was. There was actually even a huge sentiment in America that was angry at the family for forgiving him. All in all it stood as a shining example as days went by with how to handle a horrific tragedy. Coming together.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        In the bible, God appeared as an angel to Lot, as a man to Jacob, as a burning bush to Moses, and as Jesus to the people of that time. In physical form God manifests Himself multiple times in the bible, these are forms that people can understand and handle. What the biblical verse in Genesis 32 and other parts of the bible refers to, is God unrestrained in His full glory, which no one knows what that is, or otherwise they'd be dead.
        No flame........good stuff..........thanks for droppin the knowledge son!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post

Comment

Tons of them!.

This is one of them,
                God told Adam and Eve that they will die if they eat of the "fruit of Knowledge".

And what do you know, they dd not die!.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                  Tons of them!.

This is one of them,
                  God told Adam and Eve that they will die if they eat of the "fruit of Knowledge".

And what do you know, they dd not die!.
                  Die as in not having eternal life.

Comment

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
                    Die as in not having eternal life.
                    Yeah but if I want to hang out with Satan instead?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X