Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salita: Shields-Hammer Will Take Women's Boxing To Next Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salita: Shields-Hammer Will Take Women's Boxing To Next Level

Now that the Claressa Shields-Christina Hammer fight has been rescheduled, promoter Dmitriy Salita cannot wait to witness what it does for women's boxing. Showtime announced last Tuesday that Shields and Hammer will meet April 13 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Their 10-round, 160-pound title unification fight will headline a special edition of "ShoBox: The New Generation" from Boardwalk Hall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hammer will get jobbed on
    The scorecards

Comment

Meh, won't do much

Comment

Fight should of been this summer......

Not sure why this fight is happening in April would have been even a good co-main event with AJ/Miller fight. Or just better weather on the boardwalk this summer. This could elevate women's boxing if it's a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          Hammer will get jobbed on
          The scorecards
          Did they announce the judges and one of them has a history of bad decisions?

Not trying to troll, but people are going to jump on this and say that you're putting in place a narrative/excuse cause you know Hammer isn't good enough. In reality, Hammer is the favorite in this one just based on skills and experience.

Best women's match up in a very long time. Looking forward to seeing this one. Definitely a good event for women's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post
            Did they announce the judges and one of them has a history of bad decisions?

Not trying to troll, but people are going to jump on this and say that you're putting in place a narrative/excuse cause you know Hammer isn't good enough. In reality, Hammer is the favorite in this one just based on skills and experience.

Best women's match up in a very long time. Looking forward to seeing this one. Definitely a good event for women's boxing.
            Just a prediction honestly I have no dog in this fight. Actually I do but it’s not for boxing reasons I’m sure you know what I mean regardless I just have a feeling that’s how it will go. If hammer isn’t good enough believe me I’d be happy to admit it. In fact I’ll go one better. I believe hammer is a quality fighter I’d give Clarissa full credit for the victory.

I agree it’s an important fight for women’s boxing so I hope there’s no funny business. I’ve always said for women’s boxing to really kick on the 5-6 big names there are need to fight each other. I know they’re a few weights apart but that’s the only way to build real interest. This is a great start.

Comment

Re

The one fight that I've seen of Hammer, she's strictly a jabber. Does she have the power to hurt Shields?

Comment

Women boxing has a level

Comment

I like both woman but I don't know

If the daughter of Muhammad Ali and Smoking Joe Frazer can't pull that off why should people believe these two women will pull it off. I'm just saying!

Comment

Working...
                  X