No announcement yet.

Statue of WWII sailor kissing nurse vandalized with "#MeToo"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    She was just on her lunch break looking around.

ISIS have been defeated today after a longer war against them.

Go out and celebrate the same way. Let me know how you get on.
    Are we really comparing ISIS to WW2 here?

Comment

I mean it is kinda a MeToo thing it sounds like. I get it he was happy the war was over but if I won the lotto & rubbed the coochie of the girl behind the counter at 7-11 in an excited moment the police are coming to get me probably. Even if they don't I'd be outta line. A historic event don't make overly sexual aggressive gestures fair game.

That said vandalism is a crime & whoever did this shoulda just tweeted about it vs commit this crime.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Are we really comparing ISIS to WW2 here?
        A victory is a victory

Do you believe the soldiers that help defeat ISIS are less worthy?

Do you think ISIS are better people than Nazis?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          You keep trying to compare the culture, climate, and social norms of 70 years ago to today. There are a lot of things that were considered rather benign in decades past that people will lose their minds over today. Try sipping your beverage through a straw in San Francisco today and let me know how that goes. Try suggesting that a girl should join the Girl Scouts and not the Boys Scouts, see how that goes. Today, men are guilty until proven innocent when it comes to sexual harassment, assault or even verbal harassment.

And the vandalism of the statue happened today, not all those years ago.

What is a matter with sipping your beverage through your straw. And I would have no issue in suggesting a girl join the girl scouts as well.

You would not act in the same way this guy did, and it's because you know it is wrong. You are not even defending something you think is right.

Comment

Working...
          X