Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Ready To Face Artur Beterbiev in May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that Kovaleva is now the favorite of that possible fight but I still pick Beterbiev by stoppage because Kovaleva is a quitter when in trouble (same mentality as Conor McQuitter, both bully-quitters)

Comment

Beterbiev is not great defensively and very rigid offensively. Kov has become much more fluid offensively since ward fights. Variety may be the key to victory
      Last edited by TheUptownKid; 02-20-2019, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
        beterbiev to me is an hypejob,even if he does beat kovalev it doesn't say much because of the time he beat kovalev (at the back-end of his career) but I'm picking kovalev to ud him in a close fight, could potentially be a war due to their rivalry back in the amateur days,make it happen Bob!
        In the rematch against Alvarez with his new Trainer McGuirt, Kovalev looked verry good to me. He fought a disciplined great fight against a fighter with a iron-chin. He used his brain like he did against Hopkins back in the day. He is not finished yet and a verry good fighter. If Beterbiev beats him it means the world.

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post
          Beterbiev isn't out of the gym.

He is always training and always stays in shape.

Look at his instagram. just about every day he posts pictures of himself in the gym, training or doing some sort of athletic activity.

He also spars regularly and by all accounts has whooped Jean Pascal and Eleider Alvarez on a regular basis in sparring.

Trust me, Beterbiev is ready. He just needs the platform.
          Hey I used to be high on him. And he still cool to me. Just nowhere near the all around talent as Kovalev imo

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
            Hey I used to be high on him. And he still cool to me. Just nowhere near the all around talent as Kovalev imo
            I still think he is the best LHW out there but his career has been wasted. It's pointless fighting C-grade and journeyman fighters now to build up the record/KO streak. He needs to throw himself into the deep end right NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
              Of course he is...guy has no intention to fight him whatsoever
              Yes I will be pleasantly surprised if the fight happens. Kov is getting old, has been Ko’d a couple of times, he will likely want easy pay days and soft touches from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post
                I still think he is the best LHW out there but his career has been wasted. It's pointless fighting C-grade and journeyman fighters now to build up the record/KO streak. He needs to throw himself into the deep end right NOW.
                Yeah for sure. He gotta make things happen for him. The excitement was growing big, then died down, then started to grow again, and same things kept happening. The he came back and got knocked down by a journeyman if I'm not mistaken. But yeah I would like to see him make big noise.

Comment

Working...
                X