Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's put an end to this Margarito and plaster nonsense.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think there is any solid proof that he cheated for the Cotto fight, but anyone out there that believes that he did is more than welcome to that opinion because Margarito (or his trainer depending on what or who you believe) brought it on himself when he got caught out there for the Mosley fight. If he knew the inserts were placed in his wraps, he committed a cardinal sin and he can't really blame anyone for not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Especially when he made light of it. No fvvcks given.

"I'm not looking..I'm not looking."

Comment

• lol good job fellas. made a thread before going to bed last night, didn't think too much about it. finally logged back on, and saw 13 pages lol, good convo

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        I don't think there is any solid proof that he cheated for the Cotto fight, but anyone out there that believes that he did is more than welcome to that opinion because Margarito (or his trainer depending on what or who you believe) brought it on himself when he got caught out there for the Mosley fight. If he knew the inserts were placed in his wraps, he committed a cardinal sin and he can't really blame anyone for not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Especially when he made light of it. No fvvcks given.

"I'm not looking..I'm not looking."
        A boxer does not have TO SEE his gauze pads are loaded.
        He'll know if it's loaded.

Comment

• If you believe Margarito used rocks in his gloves against Cotto I'm not really sure what to tell you, but how can you say that when there was never anything proven. He celebrated a lot after that win and shook a lot of hands, you mean to tell me NO ONE felt anything?

If some regular person hit Cotto with rocks in their gloves (or anyone for that matter), he'd be knocked out. It's hard to believe a hard puncher and trained fighter wouldn't have killed someone if he actually had something in his gloves.
          Err, no.
          Resto had padding removed from his Everlast gloves AND had loaded wraps BUT DID NOT STOP Billy Collins Jr .

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            Err, no.
            Resto had padding removed from his Everlast gloves AND had loaded wraps BUT DID NOT STOP Billy Collins Jr .
            Wow Billy Collins jr is a beast

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
              Wow Billy Collins jr is a beast
              Too bad how that dirty fight ruined not only his career, but led him to end his life. A shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Lets remember, Margarito did this with his fists in the ring.

I can't remember another fight where this happened, can anyone else?
                lol miguel cotto or james thompson, the dude who kimbo did that to

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  Too bad how that dirty fight ruined not only his career, but led him to end his life. A shame.
                  I think this Gigantes started following boxing when Margarito showed up.

He sure likes to make opinions on something he has no clue about.

Panama Lewis and Resto should have rotted in prison.

Comment

• Yeah I don't buy it either.

I believe he beat Cotto fair and square and was about to do it again in the second till the ref saved him.

With that said I never considered Margarito to be any good, at one point he was one of the most overhyped bangers in the game several years ago (2006ish-2009ish or up until mosley fight) and it was really cringey because he was never that big of a puncher.

His stamina and volume of punches can be considered impressive, but he was sacrificing way too many flush shots to the face in order to land maybe 4 punched out of his relentless flurry of punches.

Margarito did beat cotto fair and square but Cotto is still a much better boxer and athlete than Margs overall.
                    Last edited by EdWins; 02-08-2019, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• I think he probably did it, but Cotto lost that fight because he didnt clinch.

Comment

Working...
                      X