Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: The Last Fight Alvarez Got Lucky, I'll Prove I'm Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
    Dude no offense, but you can't even spell or use correct grammar. Why would I care at all about what you have to say? And why in the world would anyone think you are better at analyzing anything than me? You can't even spell and don't know 5th grade grammar rules bro. Read a book and start listening to people smarter than you.

And Lol about guys not being the same after Ward - he is a tough smart gritty fighter, I give him credit for that. But he was always the home fighter and grinded his way to unimpressive decisions in close fights against any good fighter he faced. If he was not as protected he would have a few Ls on his resume and a few DQs as well. Just the way it is. There are a lot of great black boxers Ward just wasn't one of them.

Kov wasn't the same after the first Ward fight but I think that is more of a result of his putting so much effort to win that fight, the pinnacle of his career, and he got robbed. I don't think he has reacted well mentally since then, but it is what it is. More of a victim of his bad luck and bad mentality than any damage Ward did. Besides Ward was still getting pretty cleanly outboxed (5-2) before the stoppage, which as you know, was certainly controversial as Ward went low at least a few times.

And you Ward 'fans' 'stans' have got to start doing some actual research!! Lol. The only top fighters Ward has faced in his career are Kov, Dawson, Froch and Kessler. Kessler and Froch were the same fighters after Ward, only caveat being Kessler suffering the damage to his eye from the headbutts from Ward. But the next fight Kessler faced Froch and won. And Froch never lost after his loss to Ward? lol

And we all know Ward drained Dawson and straight up refused to negotiate on weight, even as Dawson was pleading with him because he couldn't make 168. Dawson was passing out trying to make weight and getting KOd in sparring. He was basically done before that fight and pretty clear that the seven fights he had with Pascal, Tarver, Hopkins and Johnson took a lot out of him as well. As was mentioned before Kov is basically the same fighter, he just never recovered mentally from the robbery imo. Just the way life is sometimes though and he should get over it, but again his slight decline has zero to do with Ward's actual talent as a fighter.

And anyone who co-signs that robbery in the first fight, as you appeared to do in your post, should not be taken seriously on boxing. You are clearly biased so talking boxing with you is waste of time. By the way, I encourage you to take 30 minutes and do some real research on Ward, and then compare it to other fighters of this generation who you probably dislike. Ward has sued his manager 3 times (lost all 3), dropped belts rather than face someone, avoided lucrative matches against Froch and Bute in their home countries. I also encourage you to watch his fights against Bika and Barrera and see if you can justify those performances as dominant ones in which Ward should have won 10-12 rounds. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.
    Alexander Brand was 10-1 when he fought Ward, only having lost to Badou Jack, but seems to have abruptly retired after 12 rounds with Ward. Dawson didn’t reconvene any level of success at any weight after Ward and was reduced to comedic fodder thereafter by constantly getting knocked out. Barrera and Kovalev were formidable freight trains before Ward, but now reduced to gatekeepers who can barely man the gate. Allen Green was 8-1 before Ward, but after 4-4.
    Edwin Rodriguez was another promising prospect who was undefeated prior to facing Ward, got humiliated by Ward, and seems to have lost all his promise.

Froch maybe the only one who seems to have continued on with uninterrupted success after Wards beating. I guess thats make him somewhat of an anomaly. But nevertheless that didn’t stop him from attempting to con Ward into fighting in his hometown of Nottingham, infamous only for robbing Dirrell of everything but his shoes when he fought there. Considering Dirrell arguably won every round, I’m sure even your **** retentive azz can understand why Ward turned down such a “lucrative” 2nd fight with Froch. But of course u did fail to mention that Ward did agree to rematch Froch, just not in Nottingham.

Lastly, I really don’t see y simpletons like yourself always make a big deal about how much Ward fought in Oakland, considering none of his Oakland fights were close. As a matter of fact, besides the first Kovalev fight, none of his fights were close at all, regardless of where he fought. Had Ward ever received a gift in Oakland like Froch did in Nottingham vs Dirrell I’m sure us Ward fans would never hear the end of it. As far as Bute goes, he could of got off his high horse and got his azz in the super 6 like everyone else, but instead decided to be a prima-donna, not wanting to endure the anguish of the Super 6 like everyone else. Instead wanted to sit back and cherry pick the winner, only to get knocked out by Wards leftovers. He earned the snub he got from Ward !
    Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 02-01-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
      Dude no offense, but you can't even spell or use correct grammar. Why would I care at all about what you have to say? And why in the world would anyone think you are better at analyzing anything than me? You can't even spell and don't know 5th grade grammar rules bro. Read a book and start listening to people smarter than you.
      And to once again address this part of your post:

As I stated to u in a previous post, only the MOST insecure of White ding-bats would even attempt to summarize or gauge someone’s intelligence by how few vs how many grammatical errors someone makes on a blogging site while intentionally writing in shorthand.

Hopefully, you’ll one day graduate past the point of brazen celebratory ignorance.
      Until then, good luck basking in being the living
      embodiment of

“The Emperor’s New Clothes”

But just know that no matter how hard u attempt to appear intelligent by correcting people’s shorthand on this site, everyone else sees u as merely another dime a dozen, White ding-bat, trying desperately to convince others your educationally well groomed and polished with the finest new threads on. When in reality your butt azz naked with horribly exposed insecurities, and still dumb enough to continue to believe they’re hidden.
      Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 02-01-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

See my signature

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
          Alexander Brand was 10-1 when he fought Ward, only having lost to Badou Jack, but seems to have abruptly retired after 12 rounds with Ward. Dawson didn’t reconvene any level of success at any weight after Ward and was reduced to comedic fodder thereafter by constantly getting knocked out. Barrera and Kovalev were formidable freight trains before Ward, but now reduced to gatekeepers who can barely man the gate. Allen Green was 8-1 before Ward, but after 4-4.
          Edwin Rodriguez was another promising prospect who was undefeated prior to facing Ward, got humiliated by Ward, and seems to have lost all his promise.

Froch maybe the only one who seems to have continued on with uninterrupted success after Wards beating. I guess thats make him somewhat of an anomaly. But nevertheless that didn’t stop him from attempting to con Ward into fighting in his hometown of Nottingham, infamous only for robbing Dirrell of everything but his shoes when he fought there. Considering Dirrell arguably won every round, I’m sure even your **** retentive azz can understand why Ward turned down such a “lucrative” 2nd fight with Froch. But of course u did fail to mention that Ward did agree to rematch Froch, just not in Nottingham.

Lastly, I really don’t see y simpletons like yourself always make a big deal about how much Ward fought in Oakland, considering none of his Oakland fights were close. As a matter of fact, besides the first Kovalev fight, none of his fights were close at all, regardless of where he fought. Had Ward ever received a gift in Oakland like Froch did in Nottingham vs Dirrell I’m sure us Ward fans would never hear the end of it. As far as Bute goes, he could of got off his high horse and got his azz in the super 6 like everyone else, but instead decided to be a prima-donna, not wanting to endure the anguish of the Super 6 like everyone else. Instead wanted to sit back and cherry pick the winner, only to get knocked out by Wards leftovers. He earned the snub he got from Ward !
          The truth right there

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Absofuçkînglutely, Kov is not only past his prime but the fights with Ward has left him a shell of himself due to the invincibility aura is gone!

Not only that but Alvarez knows he can hurt him, Kov’s defense isn’t that good if he can’t hurt you and outgun you!
            Oh nevermind lol...you're another Ward-tard who can't spell or use English correctly. Shame is you probably still don't even know what you did wrong, even after someone points it out lol.

But yeah it will be an uphill battle for Kov. He is slowing a bit with age and is his own worst enemy if the fight goes late. Alvarez is a great boxer and in his prime. If he was from the US he would be hyped up but since he is from Colombia he isn't as marketable. Skills wise he actually ****s on Ward as far as boxing goes.

Comment

Wow dude you are a grade A mental midget lol. I don't have the time or desire to correct you on all of your incorrect fan-boying. But a few points - Alex Brand is 42 dude lol. He got paid and retired you dumbass.

Anyone who watches the Barrera and Bika fights and thinks Ward dominated those fights is a ******. If Ward fought anywhere else but his home country and if he didn't get the hometown judging, he would have had a very pedestrian career with a few losses and a few DQs. Just how it is man.

Allen Green lost to anyone good he ever fought in his career. He never fought anyone before Ward besides Miranda and lost that one too. Edwin Rodriguez is basically the same fighter since that fight too.

That you are completely overhyping these guys and also overhyping what Ward did in those fights is some of the most embarrassing stuff I have ever read on here and that is saying a lot lol. You are clearly incapable of being objective, for whatever reason, and your opinion is worthless to me. Have a nice day.

Comment

And to once again address this part of your post:

As I stated to u in a previous post, only the MOST insecure of White ding-bats would even attempt to summarize or gauge someone’s intelligence by how few vs how many grammatical errors someone makes on a blogging site while intentionally writing in shorthand.

Hopefully, you’ll one day graduate past the point of brazen celebratory ignorance.
                Until then, good luck basking in being the living
                embodiment of

“The Emperor’s New Clothes”

But just know that no matter how hard u attempt to appear intelligent by correcting people’s shorthand on this site, everyone else sees u as merely another dime a dozen, White ding-bat, trying desperately to convince others your educationally well groomed and polished with the finest new threads on. When in reality your butt azz naked with horribly exposed insecurities, and still dumb enough to continue to believe they’re hidden.
                Man that was cringeworthy. The only thing more embarrassing than a fool who doesn't know to spell/use English correctly, is that same person trying really really hard to sound smart. I mean if you're gonna be a dumbass just own it man.

People can check your other posts to see how dumb you are dude. A lot of people can make a mistake here and there spelling or grammar wise. But when someone, you, continually shows they have a serious lack of understanding for the English language, both with spelling and grammar, they show they are not an intelligent person and their opinion should be discarded. You literally are/were making mistakes that they teach in 3rd grade man.

I encourage you to try and better yourself and read some books and listen to people who are a lot smarter than you. God bless.

Comment

Man I just have to add how cringeworthy this whole post was again lol. Absolutely terrible fawning and hyping up of guys with no justification. You should be embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by harry-greb View Post
                    Compubox might be in on the conspiracy too!!!
                    I've watched the fight 10 times. 5 of the first 6 rounds were nip and tuck. A couple of those rounds cud have go be either way but in no possible way did kovalev win those rounds clearly.
                    A serious person backs up their argument with facts. Compubox numbers are my facts.

I have to dig out my scorecard for the second fight. I'll get back to u.
                    Oh my God you British posters are so cringeworthy. Saying 5/6 early rounds were 'nip and tuck'. I mean you are just not a serious person. I don't care about your opinion on anything. I fully expected a competitive type fight at the outset, it just didn't happen. Ward got his ass kicked the first 6 rounds and was surviving. Check the tape for the 11th time and this time open your eyes!! Lol.

Btw, Compubox numbers are not 'facts'. They are someone's opinion of punches landed. A lot of times they get it more or less right imo. But as I said, sometimes their OPINION is not correct. If you really have some FACTS - how about you post a video breakdown showing every punch landed in the first 6 rounds. Just trying to help you understand the difference between opinion and fact, they teach that in like 2nd grade man.

Comment

Ward retired after two Kovalev fights. His body was done and his fighting spirit was gone. The two fights took something away from both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X