Collapse
No announcement yet.

depressed....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you might think this is stupid **** but look into meditation. Depression doesn't really just "go away" on it's own, meditation will help you with managing your state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      Many human beings use the new year to start anew. I’ll say the overwhelming majority do. It’s used as a starting point for inspiration. Many things change with a new year. For one, payroll starts over again. Seeing as this is the most stressed about topic in the adult population worldwide, Jan 1 of a new year is a new starting point to improve.
      In theory I understand starting new goals in the new year, that is what everyone does but extraordinary people don't wait for a new year to execute on a plan (especially a personal one.)

Why be like everyone else?

Larrys has a list of problems, I will leave my troll hat off for the post and give my opinion on the matter. He spends a lot of time on this forum, he goes through phases of interest (astrology, eatting ass etc) but jokes aside you can tell that he is used to looking at documentaries, youtube videos, self help videos etc and likes the idea of what they portray (in terms of finding a better life) but in reality he does not act on any of the above.
      That is the primary problem for a lot of people today, social media pushes these inspirational quotes/videos at us on a daily basis. We feel better for it but in reality we do absolutely nothing.

Sitting around waiting for something to happen will not change your life. No doubt Larry is a great father with a very kind heart he just lacks direction - I was and still am the exact same.

I have nearly died twice from drug overdoses, I failed in high school. I had multiple sports related surgeries, fell deeply into depression when I could not work and hated the job I did have when I did work. I changed careers later in life, I quit my job. Got a shitty 9-5 Monday to Friday and went back to college to study 6-10, four evenings a week after work for four years. People told me I was stupid for doing that but I did my own thing and it worked for me in the end.

Everything is about confidence, defy what people tell you. Prove them wrong, no one understands your situation better than yourself. Larry see's people on here saying they make "x" amount of me and it depresses him - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

5 years ago, I had nothing. This year I made a plan for three things:
      - Promotion (Achieved)
      - Apply for MBA (Achieved)
      - Buy my first house (Achieved)

I am no genius, I am a hard working idiot with a ruthless drive to be successful. I wait on no one to do get to were I want to be, I wait on no calendar, I wait on no colleagues/friends/family - I go and do it Myself.

Confidence is everything. Build your confidence, prove everyone around you and yourself wrong.

It's December, a month of parties, drinking, dinners with friends/family/colleagues - it's the most unhealthy month of the year. I decided I would quit smoking in Mid November to test my will to it's fullest in December (I smoke 20 a day for 15 years,) I am off the cigarettes now one month. I am not waiting until January, I am proving to myself that I can do anything I want at any time - that is the mindset that is required.

larryxxx.. act now. Build a plan, set three goals and measure them

Example:

GOAL: Fitness
      OBJECTIVE: Lose 10kg
      STRATEGY: Train weights in AM (before work,) Cardio PM (after work)
      PLAN: Review daily, download my fitness pal app (track diet) and weight in Friday evening every week
      ACTION: Today

larryxxx.. get off this forum and prove yourself wrong

Comment

Just want to give a shout out to everyone who has posted here thus far. Good to see a thread where everyone is putting out positive vibes. Makes me proud to be a member of this forum.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Be safe out there. Hopefully we can keep the positivity going and continue to encourage each other into the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          been a long stressful year..see people on here saying they make 100k or more a year and all I can do is imagine how great that must feel..This has been a real tough year for me but at the same time I have cleaned up but seem to see no further progress..Seems like it may be the 1st year i may have to skip Xmas but i Have huge faith that next year will bread greater results... To all those out here in the struggle just keep your smile as no one can take that from you
          Focus on something and just do it

Comment

Larry money doesn't mean **** honestly seeing the videos with you and your son boxing put a smile on my face, if it put a smile on my face seeing you 2 do **** together if for damn sure put a smile on others, wish I had somethin like that, all them diss videos n **** as well you're a funny guy, chin up mate.

Focus on what you got and if you're happy with what you're doing then **** it, you say you ain't happy because people on a boxing forum are bragging that they make 100k a year and how they're so well off financially compared to others, **** em, they're goons mate, if you workin hard and you got someone there for you then you're good, people > anything else, as long as you keepin that roof over your families head who gives a **** what others are making.

Focus on what you got, not what you haven't got and keep yourself active, spending all this time on a boxing forum, no matter how good the crowd are here, is not going to be as good for your head as being out there with your son and family is.

Keep ya head up, you've been through worse, you're a good guy, best foot forward mate.
            Last edited by NChristo; 12-15-2018, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Larry money doesn't mean **** honestly seeing the videos with you and your son boxing put a smile on my face, if it put a smile on my face seeing you 2 do **** together if for damn sure put a smile on others, wish I had somethin like that, all them diss videos n **** as well you're a funny guy, chin up mate.

Focus on what you got and if you're happy with what you're doing then **** it, you say you ain't happy because people on a boxing forum are bragging that they make 100k a year and how they're so well off financially compared to others, **** em, they're goons mate, if you workin hard and you got someone there for you then you're good, people > anything else, as long as you keepin that roof over your families head who gives a **** what others are making.

Focus on what you got, not what you haven't got and keep yourself active, spending all this time on a boxing forum, no matter how good the crowd are here, is not going to be as good for your head as being out there with your son and family is.

Keep ya head up, you've been through worse, you're a good guy, best foot forward mate.
              Good stuff from you, as usual!

Comment

been a long stressful year..see people on here saying they make 100k or more a year and all I can do is imagine how great that must feel..This has been a real tough year for me but at the same time I have cleaned up but seem to see no further progress..Seems like it may be the 1st year i may have to skip Xmas but i Have huge faith that next year will bread greater results... To all those out here in the struggle just keep your smile as no one can take that from you
                There often is a chemical imbalance/food component to depression. Books with such titles as "Sugar Blues" detail that sugar and other things cause many people to suffer depression. This is usually the withdrawal phase which is why people do it everyday. The other things that commonly do this are caffeine and alcohol.

Now the way the mind works is that we may have an imbalance which gives us depression or anxiety or other abnormal state, and then the mind attaches a thought to the vague feeling which comes from chemical imbalance/food addiction withdrawal.

So if this is a possibility, and you do sugar, caffeine, alcohol, consider stopping them.

Only you know if this might apply to you. But give it some thought.

All the best to you.

Comment

No one deserves too “skip Xmas”
                  I have sent a prayer your way and always believe there’s positive things heading your way 2019

Comment

Keep your head up Larry.

Comment

Yeah, I read all the guys on here saying they make 100 thousand and I get depressed too, like how do they survive on that. Poor guys.

But on a real note just keep pushing forward. I think anyone's past or ****ty present is enough to make anyone depressed. So just keep looking forward. The windshield is bigger then the the rear view mirror for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X