Canelo testing positive for Clen/PEDS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
    Good post and definitely green K.

I know I have my biases but if you are aware of your own bias you can use it to help you be more objective with your opinion.

For example. People think GGG is only a big puncher who relies on his granite chin to beat opposition into defeat. Now these "fans" take that false narrative and apply that to the Canelo only because it fits their agenda.

Look at all the people on this forum who rooted for Canelo. So many of them wanted Canelo to win just because GGG is white/eastern euro whatever. And when he didnt "Mexican style" Canelo there is no way he could have won.

But a real boxing fan knows that despite boxers having distinct styles it's how they adapt in fights that makes them great or not.

In the first fight GGG did have a hard time hitting Canelo but he won the fight easily because of his jab and ring generalship. Canelo did display great defense, but flashy defense doesnt give you "more points " and neither does "body punches". You cant pick and choose what works to fit your agenda.

GGG has great defense also. Maybe a slight notch under Canelo, but it's not as flashy so for the normal casual they dont see it. One guy literally posted a clip of what he thought was Canelo laying it to GGG and for real, it was nothing but GGG showing great defense. He pulled on a punch, rolled with the hook that followed and smothered the body shot after that.

Do people think great defense is just making punches miss? Because reducing damage is also great defense. It's just like when GGG uses elbows to block body shots. Subtle but no one looks for it because they choose not to.

I was genuinely suprised myself when GGG started to box. Usually come forward fighters struggle to fight on the back foot but he looked completely natural. That was a far cry from what Canelo did the first fight. While Canelo retreated corner to corner and literally did laps in the ring GGG fought off his back foot and nearly the entire fight kept the fight in the middle of the ring. I think Canelo had GGG on the ropes maybe once?

This is why I think GGG split with Abel. When Abel said he was losing, I think it was maybe round 8? I had the fight pretty even at that point and was like what?

Abel probably thought GGG was losing because he abandoned the game plan. It's like people say, some trainers dont know what they're talking about because they're not the one taking the punches. GGG seemed to agree.

Even as a GGG fan and a boxing fan I know that if you're the older slower guy it's a dumb idea to stand a trade with someone who has almost has as much power as you and is faster than you. That's a dumb idea.

That's why GGG hooked up with Banks. It's not that GGG needs to play safe, like kiltscho style, but he believes he can out box Canelo. The thing though is will his body hold up? In boxing terms he is ANCIENT. Most people dont keep boxing this far into their careers especially at the highest level.

And yes. Unlike all the other Canelo fans who tell you jabs mean nothing the jab is literally the first punch you use/learn and it sets up your offense. Sometimes you dont even need anything other than the jab, especially when you have a jab like GGG which isnt used at all to set up his power punches when it's a power punch itself. If its snapping peoples head back and they're eating it all night who cares to throw anything else especially when your opponent is waiting to counter the follow up.
    Ring generalship ?!?!? He failed at everything but the jab. Jabs are nice but I doubt a GGG fan would take it well if he lost by being out jabbed.

The 1st fight could have gone either way. Not all Nelo fans wear blinders. Regardless of what GGG fans say

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      to add to your point, if canelo is going to be into something is going to be some high tech ****, not a cheap ass clen...
      Nobody (maybe not even Canelo) will know for sure, but there are two thought processes to this. One is what you're saying - why would a mega star be using some cheap ass PED? On the other hand, using Clen is much safer because it comes with a built in excuse of "Mexican beef".

Remember that Canelo popped dirty during the offseason. He got busted before the fighters are typically tested due to a request from Golovkin's camp. My theory, and again, just a theory, is that one of the Reynosos has been feeding him Clen during the offseasons, perhaps even without Canelo's knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Ring generalship ?!?!? He failed at everything but the jab. Jabs are nice but I doubt a GGG fan would take it well if he lost by being out jabbed.

The 1st fight could have gone either way. Not all Nelo fans wear blinders. Regardless of what GGG fans say
        Dude. Anyone can lose a fight by being out jabbed including GGG.

I'm talking boxing. Many MANY boxers have won and lost with the jab.

Comment

You're vastly overstating the superiority of a jab with the ''many, many'' tripe.

Sure, baby fists that can't inflict any danger rely on jabs to win. Watching GGG swing and miss so often with his right hand made him look goofy at times.

Nelo spent more than enough time on the ropes, yet, GGG couldn't find him.

Those people in the ''many, many'' group didn't stalk their opponents.

GGG did one thing, out of at least 5, right. Not what I'd call ring generalship.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Nobody (maybe not even Canelo) will know for sure, but there are two thought processes to this. One is what you're saying - why would a mega star be using some cheap ass PED? On the other hand, using Clen is much safer because it comes with a built in excuse of "Mexican beef".

Remember that Canelo popped dirty during the offseason. He got busted before the fighters are typically tested due to a request from Golovkin's camp. My theory, and again, just a theory, is that one of the Reynosos has been feeding him Clen during the offseasons, perhaps even without Canelo's knowledge.
            i respect your opinion , but to me, the using clen in mexico cuz there is a built in excuse, is bogus, clen is illegal anywhere ... if there was already a regulation for mexicans then i will have to agree with you, but the punishment is the same regardless.. if what you said was true then eddy or chepo are stupid AF...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I predicted that he'd beat Golovkin and everyone would forget all about the PED issue, and he'd be the darling of the sport once again. Boxing fans are predictable.
              Never thought he cheated with PEDs in the first place.

Had Canelo winning the rematch.

Many fans that I know personally see it the same. Not sure what "fans" you're talking about?

Comment

GGG outjabbed Canelo in both fights.

Canelo defended better in both fights.

Canelo landed better and more power punches in both fights.

GGG moved forward in 1st fight, Canelo moved forward in 2nd fight.

There was no robbery in either fight. Both fights were razor close.

1st fight was either a GGG 7-5 or draw

2nd fight was either a Canelo 7-5 or draw

Great fights. Hope we get a conclusive 3rd. No clue why GGG passed on Andrade for some - literal - nobody. Did himself NO favors in securing the trilogy. NONE.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

People don't understand that strength/muscles are CELLULAR. Let me use an analogy:

If you dye your hair blonde it will last...for awhile. Your hair cells GROW and eventually the blonde leaves your hair completely.

Muscles are the exact same thing. You can juice all you want, but it doesn't last forever. You got no more than a few weeks up to a month or so of benefit. If Canelo popped ~10-12 weeks out from a fight I don't see how that would have any effect on his performance fight night.

Personally I do believe the meat consumption was inadvertent. It's just the reality of living in Mexico. Canelo was tested under stricter conditions after testing positive and fought better in the rematch...clean as a whistle. Explain that ?

So Canelo uses Clen/PEDs in 1st GGG fight...looks average and ekes out a draw.

Canelo off PEDs/CLEAN in 2nd GGG fight...looks great and puts out a determined effort and edges a decision.

Make no mistake - if you had the 2nd fight a DRAW Canelo still beat GGG up. That's indisputable. And there weren't no PED excuses to use

Saying Canelo being caught with Clenbuterol is 100% guilty is just being dishonest. Clenbuterol is in the meat and is used in agriculture. It's just how things are run in Mexico
                  Last edited by Bjl12; 05-10-2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -Canelo was built from his inception, as were so many in my day.

I don't fancy pants around with egghead convolutions needed to impress ivory tower eggheads, some of us naturally have high testa counts as thru all of history.

In my mid 50s as an athletic guy having a history of having older guys approach me to tell me that they used to be in my kind of shape, I broke out my old weight set for alternating 3x2 sets every week and resting on Sunday. I did this while maintaining my normal workout of heavy bag and running for 4 months with the only other adjustment being an extra portion of meat for the anticipated muscle gain, and I was not disappointed.

I gained 10% and was near drunk from the testa flooding my system.

Now, just you go and find when Canelo, who turned pro at 15, was looking anything other than ripped to the gills.

I'm waiting with baited breath of course, so do take care.
                    There are fights with PEDnelo where he looked like your average teenager who exercises. Now he looks like a bodybuilder who boxes. His body fat used to be normal fit probably 13 percent, now it's clearly below 10 percent and might be below 8 percent. If he's clean then nobody is juicing.

Comment

In the first fight GGG did have a hard time hitting Canelo but he won the fight easily because of his jab and ring generalship.
                      GGG had a terrific jab in the 1st fight. Also in the 2nd, but much better in the 1st

Canelo did display great defense, but flashy defense doesnt give you "more points " and neither does "body punches". You cant pick and choose what works to fit your agenda.
                      Wait, what? So ring generalship and jabs win fights "easily", but defense and body punches don't?

You cant pick and choose what works to fit your agenda.
                      GGG has great defense also. Maybe a slight notch under Canelo, but it's not as flashy so for the normal casual they dont see it. Do people think great defense is just making punches miss? Because reducing damage is also great defense. It's just like when GGG uses elbows to block body shots. Subtle but no one looks for it because they choose not to.
                      GGG is a good boxer and defense is part of boxing. GGG can defend, but as you mention not as well as Canelo.

Unlike all the other Canelo fans who tell you jabs mean nothing the jab is literally the first punch you use/learn and it sets up your offense. Sometimes you dont even need anything other than the jab, especially when you have a jab like GGG which isnt used at all to set up his power punches when it's a power punch itself.
                      So now GGG's jabs are power punches instead of jabs? Based on what?

GGG jabbed Canelo like hell in both fights, but hardly marked Canelo up at all. And don't say "Canelo doesn't bruise"....feather-fisted Floyd had Canelo swelling up and JMW Lara had Canelo busted up.

So why are GGG's jabs so special? They're just jabs. Yes, GGG is good at jabbing, but a jab is a jab and not a power punch. Jabs are scoring punches, absolutely, but it's people like you who try to turn real life into movie scripts.

Clearly his jab isn't a power punch because he's jabbed Canelo 24 rounds and hasn't even dazed him once. Not once.

If its snapping peoples head back and they're eating it all night who cares to throw anything else especially when your opponent is waiting to counter the follow up.
                      So Canelo landed all of the body shots in both fights AND more power punches AND defended better in BOTH fights, but because GGG lands this magical "power jab" and has "ring generalship" (he didn't in the 2nd fight) he's somehow the ultimate winner?

Last edited by Bjl12; 05-10-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X