No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Well of course we know cops are human. That doesn't excuse them from being racist when performing their duties, so I don't see the point of even bringing this up.
    its your opinion that theyre racist. its my opinion that theyre just people whod rather be safe than sorry. sometimes theyre right, sometimes theyre wrong.

just like you and me.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      I can’t be arsed to watch the video. But, I’ve said this before many times- there needs to be a reform in how cops do their jobs with a focus on deescalation and nonviolent confrontations.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        its your opinion that theyre racist. its my opinion that theyre just people whod rather be safe than sorry. sometimes theyre right, sometimes theyre wrong.

just like you and me.

We were talking about cops who develop racial bias, so if that's not racist, I don't know what is. If you are policing people differently based on nothing except their race, that's wrong isn't it?

Cops are not paid for "Better safe than sorry." If that were the case, their job wouldn't be very dangerous at all. They are held to a higher standard than that. Just the other day, the security who refused to run into the building with the live shooter was charged, I believe. He took the "Better safe than sorry" route. That wasn't in his job description.

Besides, what's better safe than sorry in this incident? Pull your gun on a kid who is picking trash out of his dormitory grass because blacks have committed crime before?

I mean, a cop should be as safe as is reasonable for someone with their profession... but if you really want to be safe....just don't be a cop. Leave it to someone else who can do the job properly.
        Last edited by travestyny; 06-09-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Lolololololololol

Comment

I admit, it had me dying when the cop says, "Put down the weapon," and the dude says, "It's a bucket."

Come on, man. He wasn't brandishing it at him. He made no attempt to use it as a weapon what so ever. It's not illegal to hold a damn trash picker upper or whatever it's even called.

That's an idiotic statement to make. The cop would have been just as wrong if he were black. You guys go hurling around the racist labels when, quite the contrary, when a black man here does absolutely nothing wrong, you want to say what he should have done. lol. Even when....what ur saying he should do is exactly what he did. But yea, let's focus on his behavior instead of the cop....just in case someone is in the thread saying "whitey is wrong." Did you feel a need to run in and defend whom you refer to as "whitey," because otherwise, I've no idea what focusing on adjusting the legal activity of the civilian was going to accomplish for you.

So maybe you thought people were in here saying, "Whitey is wrong," and you decided to put on your cape and fly to the rescue? False alarm, buddy.

And again, what if he doesn't have any ID besides his University ID? Which, again, he in all likelihood didn't even have to show with no reasonable suspicion of a crime....but we can leave that part out.

So what should happen if he has no state ID? He gave the ID that he had. He identified himself. He identified where he lives. He even said he'd buzz in for the cop to show him that he has access to come and go as he pleases.

So what more should he have done than that?
            This is very simple. You can't stop an ******* cop from being an ******* cop. What you can do, is take measures to ensure police interaction is kept to a minimum. Get a real ID and keep it on your person, and be ready to present it to police upon request. Maybe that's "submitting my rights", but it's a lot easier and less stressful than the alternative.

Comment

We were talking about cops who develop racial bias, so if that's not racist, I don't know what is. If you are policing people differently based on nothing except their race, that's wrong isn't it?

Cops are not paid for "Better safe than sorry." If that were the case, their job wouldn't be very dangerous at all. They are held to a higher standard than that. Just the other day, the security who refused to run into the building with the live shooter was charged, I believe. He took the "Better safe than sorry" route. That wasn't in his job description.

Besides, what's better safe than sorry in this incident? Pull your gun on a kid who is picking trash out of his dormitory grass because blacks have committed crime before?
              you obiously dont get what the dude is trying to explain you. and lol at calling the cops 'racist'. some of them probably are, most of them, nah.

im really not interested in going back and forth with you. i dont really care about this. just responded to mcc because i thougt he was exaggerating, thats all.

Comment

just like you and me.
                Safe than sorry would be not seeing an illegal activity and going about your business. The cop is the one who escalated this situation.

But yeah, you don't think implicit bias exists.

As you were, pracownik.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  This is very simple. You can't stop an ******* cop from being an ******* cop. What you can do, is take measures to ensure police interaction is kept to a minimum. Get a real ID and keep it on your person, and be ready to present it to police upon request. Maybe that's "submitting my rights", but it's a lot easier and less stressful than the alternative.
                  Fair enough. To each their own. I'd prefer to stand up for myself, but that's just me. I'm certainly not going to tape my ID to my ass so that I don't forget it when I'm shoveling snow or picking trash out of my yard.

The benefit is that he got this unfit cop off the force. The kid probably deserves a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    I can’t be arsed to watch the video. But, I’ve said this before many times- there needs to be a reform in how cops do their jobs with a focus on deescalation and nonviolent confrontations.
                    Red - i know, right. Things that most likely wont happen to me, i cant be arsed with, either.

i fully understand. i must have been dreaming to believe you would even attempt to read that article i sent you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      you obiously dont get what the dude is trying to explain you. and lol at calling the cops 'racist'. some of them probably are, most of them, nah.
                      I didn't specifically call this cop racist, because I don't know if he is. But the conversation I had was specifically about cops with racial bias. So again, if that's not a racist, I don't know what is.

I get what he's telling me, and it's still pointless unless the point is to make me understand why cops have racial bias. Who gives a flying fvvck about their reasons? They shouldn't and that should be the end of. If the job makes them have these feelings, then they are unfit to be police officers and should retire immediately.

im really not interested in going back and forth with you. i dont really care about this. just responded to mcc because i thougt he was exaggerating, thats all.
                      Eh, so be it.

Comment

Working...
                      X