Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez vs. Masayoshi Nakatani IBF Eliminator, July 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boogbx View Post
    We were never gonna get Loma-Lopez

These youngsters don’t think or act like those of us born 85 or earlier.

These youngsters take pride in flopping, gossip, social media, calling out bigger names to build their rep, hiding behind promoters and computer screens, it’s quite sickening.

If Lopez wasn’t from Honduras I would hate his guts but since he reppin, I gotta root for
    Him. But he makes it extremely difficult.

To us OG’s, he’s extremely unlikeable.
    Oh no.
    So if I was born in 86 I would be lumped into that group you are talking about?
    Surely I could still be an OG hey?

Comment

• Originally posted by methodcal View Post
      I like Haney but Campbell has the advantages and has been in there with Linares for 12 and held his own....
      So did Crolla, or am I thinking of someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        Oh no.
        So if I was born in 86 I would be lumped into that group you are talking about?
        Surely I could still be an OG hey?
        He didn't mean it like that.

I know the era he's talking about. Welter and superwelter mixed: Tito, Vargas, Oscar, Floyd, Quartey, Mosley, etc. I'm from that era, too.

This era is meh. I mainly know this era for promotional and network disputes, and fighters not fighting high caliber opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          His body is breaking down.

Time to take the highest paying fights and call it quits. Enter: Lopez and Davis.

He should tell his promoter to make those fights for him. Lopez at the end of the year and Davis on Cinco de Mayo. I don't mind if he sneaks in a tune up. I want him to be 100% for Davis.

He'll be rich and well respected, even if he lost.

I'd be saying he fought those young guns when I was hyping them up to the roof! The belt route is weak and doomed.
          Loma has been calling out Davis for over a year what makes you think he will take this fight on Cinco De Mayo next year?
          Also that's Canelos date. No one gonna take that date from Nelo and Bob wouldn't dream of even trying.
          I like Davis and Lopez but man both these dudes need to step it up inside the ropes just not on twitter.

Comment

So did Crolla, or am I thinking of someone else?
            You are right. Twice.

Comment

Loma has been calling out Davis for over a year what makes you think he will take this fight on Cinco De Mayo next year?
              Also that's Canelos date. No one gonna take that date from Nelo and Bob wouldn't dream of even trying.
              I like Davis and Lopez but man both these dudes need to step it up inside the ropes just not on twitter.
              Canelo fights on DAZN. He doesn't need to compete with anybody. Other people can have fights on that date, too. No one owns dates.

Comment

Canelo fights on DAZN. He doesn't need to compete with anybody. Other people can have fights on that date, too. No one owns dates.
                He doesn't own them but he does.
                I don't think any fighter or promoter would go up against Nelo on Cinco.

I'm just getting thru the posts and noticed you have had this discussion with another user so I will leave it their.

Just wish you could let Davis know to find his balls cause out of every fighter I think Davis has the best chance against Loma.
                I think Mayweather is holding Tank back.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Arum could give this kid a direct title shot if he wanted but he doesn't want to make Loma vs Lopez. At least not now. Lopez is going to get his hands on a belt then move up weight. Maybe a fight with Loma down the line but it's a lose lose situation now for arum. Lopez beats Loma it kills one of your top draws and p4p fighters. Loma beats Lopez and it kills one of your top prospects before he even becomes a draw himself. Arum is going to marinate this fight.
                  This is what's wrong with casual boxing fans today.
                  If a fighter gets a loss many casuals lose interest.
                  I'm not saying you Bigdunny are a casual you are right in pointing out why this fight might not be made.
                  Mayweather set a stupid precedent in the fight game is my opinion.

Comment

He doesn't own them but he does.
                    I don't think any fighter or promoter would go up against Nelo on Cinco.

I'm just getting thru the posts and noticed you have had this discussion with another user so I will leave it their.

Just wish you could let Davis know to find his balls cause out of every fighter I think Davis has the best chance against Loma.
                    I think Mayweather is holding Tank back.
                    It's not a question of Davis' balls, it's a question of Floyd and Arum.

Comment

It's not a question of Davis' balls, it's a question of Floyd and Arum.
                      Yes you could be right.
                      By going by what's happened in the past though it seems Money wants nothing to do with Loma atm.
                      Maybe he's being smart and waiting Loma out.
                      Knowing Mayweather that's exactly what he is trying to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X