Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone tell me what's so great about Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Define fanboy then, if it isn't a derogatory term
    fanboy is someone who registers a screen name with a current fighters name in it...and will never criticize said fighter and defend him every time someone does

its not a dergatory or racially charged term....it doesnt mean someone knows nothing about boxing

you should know this though.....but somehow you have come to the conclusion ive called you a bad name and implied you know nothing about boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      fanboy is someone who registers a screen name with a current fighters name in it...and will never criticize said fighter and defend him every time someone does

its not a dergatory or racially charged term....it doesnt mean someone knows nothing about boxing

you should know this though.....but somehow you have come to the conclusion ive called you a bad name and implied you know nothing about boxing....
      Convenient definition you give. So, fanboy status is dependent upon a screen name? And it must be of a current fighter? If I had chosen Mike Tyson as my name, or Gator, I wouldn't be a fanboy?

The definition of fanboy as I understand it is someone who is obsessive, delusional, typically casual, uninformed fan who defends the subject of their fanboyism relentlessly often using circular logic and falsehoods.

I have NEVER seen anyone call someone a fanboy, and mean it as ANYTHING other than disrespectful and derogatory. If you have an example of someone using the term in a respectful way, please share...

Comment

Boxing is a great sport that's been around for over a century. A display of fighting prowess between two combatants alone in a ring.

This forum sucks a lot of time.

Threads like this are pathetic and only serve as troll bait.

I think that should answer your questions.

Lol, Thank You

Though I was being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure you knew that based on your answers. Good stuff.

Just having a little fun on this fight day.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
          Lol, Thank You

Though I was being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure you knew that based on your answers. Good stuff.

Just having a little fun on this fight day.
          I know, I have to mix in a little fun between being called names and challenged to fights.

Enjoy the show tonight

Comment

I know, I have to mix in a little fun between being called names and challenged to fights.

Enjoy the show tonight

You too, hopefully the whole card will deliver tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              Golovkin is special because he's the only hype job that is asked to move up and fight the number 1 p4p Ward. Other fighters when they move up their debut usually starts with fighting a cab driver or a semi-retired opponent. Who do you think Jermall, who is not considered a hypejob, would take in his first MW fight?

That's why Golovkin is great.
              He is NOT great.

What he is being asked to do is no different than what was asked of Pac, Floyd, Shane, Cotto, DLH, and every other fighter that was called great.

Difference is, those guys actually answered the challenge.

Meanwhile, as another poster said earlier, we have a guy that supposed to be great chasing someone one division down for 2 years and fighting someone two divisions down for a payday.

You can call that many things but great is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                golovkin guys have made a living out of trashing decent fighters...they are the same guys that have been trashing floyd for years...that still trash ward...that still trash canelo

canelo held a mw belt he won at a CW ....from a guy that won the belt at a CW.....so he let the belt go cause he wasnt comfortable against legit MW....hes now just starting to test those waters.....the point isnt that he was looking to get that fight...its that he still looking and still doesnt have it...and he passed up a fight with ward out of fear that it would derail his canelo fight express
                No I understand all that, im saying that he held the belt, and even in the defence against Khan he was billed as and allowed himself to be marketed as the middleweight champion. So you can't blame any contender to want to fight him. It's not picking on a little guy, it's wanting to fight the champ your in line to fight. Looks like the fight is on now so it makes more sense.Whoever hates who the amount of hate Golovkin gets outweighs any other fighter by miles on here and you can't deny what I wrote about the way non Americans get trashed out of sight on here, it's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                  Ok let's put it like this.

Alvarez is on record that he planned to move to 160 during the pre-month in fighting Cotto. That was Q4 of 2015. We are now at 2017. GBP as well as Alvarez have already said they are to stay at 160 after the Chavez Jr. bout. Therefore, from Q4 to 2015 to now, how many days have passed? Was Alvarez correct?

So the double standards hit Golovkin.

Why is Golovkin protected North Bound? Let's pretend Ward didn't exist when Golovkin ''couldn't get the fights he wanted'' and his trainer still said nobody from 168 can hang with Golovkin, do you think Golovkin would be a 2 division Champ by now?

The only way Golovkin fans feel safe with any 168 context to Ward is to always bring up Alvarez. Now the fight is here, and the GGG fans as seen in the last month, want Chavez Jr. to win, the same posters that trashed Chavez Jr. - who supposedly ducked Golovkin - so they say - yet they ride Chavez Jr.'s opinions as of late that Alvarez ducked GolovkiN! lol

This is the FLoyd effect.
                  I know what your saying. But it's true that Canelo fans also use Ward to justify him dropping the belts to avoid Golovkin. He won, held and defended the belt while allowing himself to be billed and advertised as middleweight champion. He should have defended it against tough challengers therefore as well as easy, small cannon fodder. You have a point that it's disappointing when someone's management call out all and sundry and then the fights don't materialise. It doesnt do boxing any good that we dont get the big fights. Therefore surely you agree that champions should defend there titles against whoever the number one challenger is. Not just make an easy defence and then say hey, this guy is tough, I'm out if here. That's not helping the sport at all is it? I remember when Bowe won the title really looking forward to him facing Lewis because you think you knew a great fight was inevitable. A good champ had to fight he's great rival. It ruins the sport when a grear champ suddenly decides that only a soft defence will do. Or he won't fight anyone at their actual weight class. Just fight the fights.

Comment

Chin, footwork, power.

Comment

Working...
                    X