Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook Vs Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would have a better chance. I think I had it 6 rounds to 4 for Spence going into the 11th round so it wasn't like it was a blowout or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Brook was clearly winning the fight in the first half.
      Clearly yet he was losing on the cards?

Spence broke Brook down piece by piece, started investing in the body from round 1.

He came with a gameplan and he pulled it off.

Brook hanged in there as long as he could, but he had nothing to hurt or discourage Spence.

Brook has never had an inside game and Spence took Brook to a place he did not one to go and made him quit.

Brooks years of avoiding tough fights finally caught up with him
      Last edited by FrankieBruno; 09-09-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Brook is an incredibly game fighter. I don't think that the loss to GGG, or the drop in weight, had any negative effect on his skills or endurance. He put up a great fight against Spence and got his eye smashed. There was no way to continue without risking permanent damage to his vision.

I think Spence would have defeated the same Brook who beat Porter.

Comment

I really hate this argument, brook was undefeated at ww when he fought spence. Sure he lost to ggg and damaged his eye socket but he was also doing pretty good in that fight as well. That fight against spence was also in kells backyard in hostile territory for spence but no one wants to talk about that. Brook had major home field advantage. The real question should be is how fast would spence ko a healthy brook if the fight was in texas?? EJ is just better than any version of brook and the brits need to accept this!

Comment

let's not be blind, that Brook was broken by Golovkin. Not the same Brook.

Comment

I don’t want to talk about weight because for professional athletes it should never be an excuse. If you feel drained, lose power or stamina, then don’t compete at that weight. Starving and dehydrating to zombie levels is their own damn fault. They should know their body and limits.

As for Brook post GGG of course he was broken. GGG broke his eye socket and hurt him not just physically, but mentally. Brook’s brain flopped around in his skull like it never had before. That changed Brook as a fighter, made him a lot more hesitant, especially when Spence broke his other eye socket.

Comment

Fresher brook would have finished the 12th round with spence in my opinion. Who would win is up for grabs.
                GGG loss affected him mentally and physically. There are lot of fighters in history who received lesser beatings than that and were never the same.

When the going gets tough next time brook will then again take a knee, and protect himself.

That’s why I highly advice Mikey not to make the jump to 147. Only a delusional guy like Khan can brush off those memories lol

Comment

thanks for all the posts

Comment

i think Brook before GGG would've had a very close competitive fight with Errol that could go either way.

Anybody that says weight didn't affect Kell isn't being realistic. He was always tight at 147, never mind dropping two weight divisions, coming off a beating and eye surgery into the fight. it badly affected him, physically and mentally.

That said, i give credit to Spence. it would take a fighter of his top calibre to make those things matter and make it hard for Brook. Brook would've still beaten almost everyone in the division that night.

i just think if Brook hadn't been coming off that GGG beating and dropping two divisions, they would've been very evenly matched and could've been the makings of a great rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      Clearly yet he was losing on the cards?

Spence broke Brook down piece by piece, started investing in the body from round 1.

He came with a gameplan and he pulled it off.

Brook hanged in there as long as he could, but he had nothing to hurt or discourage Spence.

Brook has never had an inside game and Spence took Brook to a place he did not one to go and made him quit.

Brooks years of avoiding tough fights finally caught up with him
                      The part you quoted said Brook was winning the fight in the first half, not what the cards were after the stoppage.

Brook never avoided tough fights, it was the other way round. You should know that. But your irrational hate for Brook due to him being a threat to your boyfriend Khan won't let you see it. Stop with all the hate on Brook threads, it's really creepy. Khan is a massive kunt who has avoided the fight for years now even though it makes perfect sense. But Khan is scared about getting knocked out by Brook. People want to see Brook hurt Khan and take him out. We deserve it, so does Brook. It's only the few fans of Khan who don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X