Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner made a good point at the press conference.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner made a good point at the press conference.

24:45 - 25:15

AB's right. I think he'd be undefeated too if the tables were reversed.

This is going to be a lot more competitive than people think. Broner's a live dog here.

Garcia is just too damn smart for Broner, I don't see this being competitive

Comment

broner was fighting and outweighing undersized midgets, once he fought fighters his own size he looked average at best. i mean, none of his 2 losses were competitive at all

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Garcia is just too damn smart for Broner, I don't see this being competitive
        It all depends if he makes 140 comfortably. I think he will.

He entered camp in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          broner was fighting and outweighing undersized midgets, once he fought fighters his own size he looked average at best. i mean, none of his 2 losses were competitive at all
          True but that was at Welterweight. Mikey's only fought north of 130 one time and that was against a border line midget.

edit: (small person I should say)

Comment

It's never been about Broner's talent, it's always been there. It's always been about the man himself and what's between his ears because he has a history of making very poor choices when it comes to his boxing career.

One has to call into his question, his overall dedication, commitment, focus and discipline to the sport, due to the very bad decisions he has made regarding his career over the years.

For example: He willfully and intentionally doesn't make the contracted weight limits on purpose; Which is very unprofessional on his part.

In addition, he underestimated the competition at welterweight by jumping up two weight classes until his body had not fully grown and matured into that division and had gotten two losses on his record as a result of it.

Comment

They might have the same records they have now, but Broner with Garcia's resume probably gots more split decision W's than Garcia's got.

Broner is clearly one of these guys who fights down to the level of his competition + seems to lack general focus or suffers from lower levels of being driven to win vs the best guys he fights which has what has drastically effected his overall upside in boxing in the last couple years.

Comment

Broner struggled with Daniel Ponce De Leon. I'm not so sure he runs through some of those other smaller fighters on Mikey's resume

Comment

Broner's got a longer reach but he doesn't fight with a traditional guard, since he'll be coming out of the philly shell like style it will allow Mikey to get in.

I think Broner would want to bring Mikey into a brawl to better his chances here. This is gonna be a good fight where both fighters grow in the end. I'm excited for this one

Comment

Plus it's going to be on his birthday. You know he's going make weight and give it all he gots.

Comment

Working...
                    X