Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Fires Back at Critics of Canelo's Win Over Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    Gotta agree with everything Oscar said.
    Like him or hate him Oscar is 100% correct on everything he said!
    You haters and Triple g nuttriders gotta start giving props where props is due!
    Thinking GGG deserved to win a close great fight doesn't make you a hater or a GGG nutrider. It just means you have eyes and a brain and know how to score a fight correctly. I love both boxers and give Canelo credit for fighting a great brave fight. The majority of viewers thought GGG won both fights according to every poll I have seen. That won't change with all your name calling. In fact the term hater fits you nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by OOOT View Post
      Oscars love of dressing up like a princess and shoving large rods up his booty have nothing to do with the seriousness of his heartfelt eloquent letter
      Get back in your little closet, you!
      You've made 2 posts on a boxing forum and 1 is about objects entering
      a man's butt. You're like an object that EXITS a man's butt.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Rd 1 golovkin
        Rd 2 Canelo
        Rd 3 Canelo
        Rd 4 golovkin
        Rd 5 golovkin
        Rd 6 even
        Rd 7 Canelo
        Rd 8 golovkin
        Rd 9 golovkin
        Rd 10 golovkin
        Rd 11 golovkin
        Rd 12 Canelo
        7-4 to golovkin with one even round.
        That is why de la Hoya and Canelo are getting criticised.
        Golovkin won more rounds , landed more punches and noticeably hurt Canelo on at least 3 occasions over the last 3rd of the fight.
        Yes Canelo was coming forward but he was eating jabs all night and was out worked.
        Give props to Canelo for a great fight and showed real heart but he never beat golovkin Saturday and punch stats prove it
        Just cuz you saw the fight that way does not mean that is how it went down. Stop crying GGG lost and that's the bottom line. The judges got this one right let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
          Atlas is a mentally unstable buffoon who babbles at every opportunity. The most unprofessional clown associated with boxing.
          I didn't think Atlas was a buffoon until I saw him manically arguing that GGG should have won the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
            Canelo is both loved & hated by fans for similar reasons as De La Hoya
            was 20-years-ago in his heyday. Most fans respect a boxer who often
            fights the best/biggest names available, but other fans just cant seem
            to accept a mild-mannered pretty-boy who can box AND brawl with
            the best of 'em. Some just hate for the sake of having something to hate.

Others are disgruntled because their pride can't accept what their eyes saw.
            They were mistakenly convinced that GGG was practically superhuman, and
            they seemed to afford him almost god-like status. That's why they act like
            his loss is sacrilege. It's earth-shattering to them. Canelo smashed up the
            temple and he told them to stop worshiping false idols.
            That´s right! Well said, specially when you said that some just hate for the sake of having something to hate. DLH needs to add this to his letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rare_Pure View Post
              That´s right! Well said, specially when you said that some just hate for the sake of having something to hate. DLH needs to add this to his letter.
              Viva Mexico!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                I didn't think Atlas was a buffoon until I saw him manically arguing that GGG should have won the rematch.
                Good Ole Teddy sure loves the spotlight. Lost all respect when he acted a fool in Bradley´s corner. You could tell Tim was embarrassed, wouldn´t even go along with the cheerleading.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  Just cuz you saw the fight that way does not mean that is how it went down. Stop crying GGG lost and that's the bottom line. The judges got this one right let it go.
                  how can they get it right if its a proven fact golovkin landed more punches than canelo...he also won more rounds and he also hurt canelo more than two times in the fight.
                  Im not crying i am just saying who deserved to win the fight and the consensus is by almost all the media and newsrooms is golovkin won the fight.
                  Tell me if that's a fact am i lying ?
                  There is a reason why de la hoya has wrote this letter because of the controversy once again.

Comment

If a promoter has to write letters to try and gain the trust of fans you know he has a serious reputation problem. This isn’t about defending Canelo, he fought well and the decision was close, but no big issue with the result. The fact DH has to defend accusations says more about him than Canelo. No one trusts him at all, he is corrupt and boxers who have seen him operate are not signing to GB anymore, sooner this guy is out of the sport the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rare_Pure View Post
                      Good Ole Teddy sure loves the spotlight. Lost all respect when he acted a fool in Bradley´s corner. You could tell Tim was embarrassed, wouldn´t even go along with the cheerleading.
                      I was ALWAYS a Teddy Atlas fan, and he used to be the
                      realest commentary guy in the sport...but he's probably
                      just getting old. I don't agree with him as often anymore,
                      and he needs to chill out when he disagrees with judges.
                      It already cost him his job commentating on ESPN fights
                      after 20+ years!
                      BUT even though I disagree with Atlas, I'm still angry with
                      ESPN for removing him. That's Disney trying to ruin boxing
                      like they are doing to Star Wars and Marvel comics..don't
                      even get me started!

Comment

Working...
                      X