Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has boxing really come down to Countrymen not fighting each other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has boxing really come down to Countrymen not fighting each other?

Its bad enough that there are promotional, network, and sponsorship barriers, but now boxers are refusing to fight guys from the same country? Until today, I thought Mexicans and Brits were really the only ones fighting each other (at the world championship level) than I read Chavez Jr. saying he wont fight another Countryman. lol! C'mon at this rate MMA will take over boxing, one thing boxing has over other sports is that its global but if fighters are refusing to become the best in their country than there will never be an "undisputed champ". Yur houghts?

I think you are worried over nothing. Chavez is a dumb fuc who is liable to say any stupid thing. Look at the top English heavyweights trashing each other and dying to fight each other. Thurman is fighting Porter and Eubanks just fought a countryman and I think Saunders is fighting a countryman. Countrymen are fighting each other all the time just as they always have and always will.

Comment

I don't think Filipino fighters fight each other. There's a lot of talent in the lower weight divisions. Donnie Nietes should face some of his countrymen.

Comment

Working...
      X