Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
    1. Marcel Cerdan and Edith Piaf

4. Max Baer and Jean Harlow

5. Rocky Graziano and Paul Newman? (not sure this is what your looking for, but my best guess).

3. Here I really have no idea, but a shot in the dark would be Oscar Albarado and Koichi Wajima.
    1,4 and 5 is correct but 3 is not.

Paul Newman was Butch Cassidy and he played Rocky Graziano in the biopic Somebody Up There Likes Me, one of the better boxing films.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
      I'm not sure what the Dollop is but there have always been a lot of tall tales told about Errol Flynn, many of them untrue. He was certainly a wild character though, with an appetite for young women that got him put up on trial for statutary rape.
      Its a podcast.

And yea the underage girls thing is part of it, but far from the most of it. Guy needs a legit old timey True Hollywood Stories episode. Its that epic.

Comment

I'm lost.....give me more clues.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
          I'm lost.....give me more clues.
          Only one answer left but here are the explanations for the answers already given.

1. A Jewish bodyguard to an anti-semitic fascist. Who are we?
            Ted Kid Lewis and Oswald Mosley. Lewis was Jewish and was at one point the bodyguard to British fascist leader Oswald Mosley

2. His grandmother demanded knockouts and his great uncle knocked out opponents on his way to becoming a light-heavyweight world champion but couldn't handle his ****phone for the heavyweight crown. Who are we?
            John Henry Lewis and LL Cool J. One of LL Cool J's famous songs was 'Mama Said Knock You Out', apparently his grandmother gave the inspiration for the song.

3. One wasn't the gentleman that he played but the boxer helped him with the boxing training. Who are we?
            Mushy Callahan and Errol Flynn. Callahan trained Flynn for his role in the biopic movie about Jame J. Corbett called 'Gentleman Jim'.

4. This featherweight delivered powerful punches and his nephew delivered the message. Who are we?
            Sandy Saddler and Grandmaster Flash. Grandmaster Flash's most famous song is 'The Message'.

5. A revolutionary flyweight. Who are we?
            Pancho Villa and Pancho Villa. The boxer Pancho Villa's real name was Francisco Villaruel Guilledo and he took the name Pancho Villa from the Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa. The boxer was also a revolutionary in that he was the first boxing world champion from Asia.

1. Love between the clouter and the sparrow. Who are we?
            Marcel Cerdan and Edith Piaf. Cerdan was known as the Casablanca clouter and he famously had a love affair with the greatest French singer of the time Edith Piaf, Piaf is French slang for 'sparrow'.

2. Stormy weather between this heavyweight and singer. Who are we?
            Joe Louis and Lena Horne. Louis had an affair with Lena Horne, one of her famous films was 'Stormy Weather'

3. Best of pals, the shotgun and the Samurai. Who are we?
            Carlos Monzon and Alain Delon. Monzon was known as Escopeta (shotgun) and he was good friends with the French actor Alain Delon who famously appeared in the film 'Le Samourai'. Delon actually co-promoted the Monzon-Napoles fight in 1974.

4. An affair between the father of a Hillbilly and a Hell's Angel. Who are we?
            Max Baer and Jean Harlow. Baer's son starred in the hit tv show the 'The Beverly Hillbillies' and Jean Harlow was a famous actress known for, amongst other things, starring in the film 'Hell's Angels'.

5. Rocky and Butch. Who are we?
            Rocky Graziano and Paul Newman. Paul Newman was Butch Cassidy and he played Rocky Graziano in the biopic 'Somebody Up There Likes Me'.
          Last edited by Humean; 04-21-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Its a podcast.

And yea the underage girls thing is part of it, but far from the most of it. Guy needs a legit old timey True Hollywood Stories episode. Its that epic.
            Dude I listened to that Dollop podcast, good shout thanks! Errol Flynn was one helluva bad man. It's crazy that such characters exist, men who live their lives full-throttle, reminds me of Monzon

I looked up some more stuff about Errol after listening to the podcast and there's a funny story about his postmortem [look at the 'Post Script' section in the link, about halfway down the page]. There were two postmortems: firstly, in Vancouver (where he died); and secondly, in California. Flynn had a number of genital warts on the end of his penis, and one of the pathologists in Vancouver decided to remove them and put them into a jar of formaldehyde (to be used as a class-aid, purportedly). Another pathologist in Vancouver saw this, however, and ordered the warts to be put back! So they scotch-taped the warts back to Flynns penis before shipping the body down to California, haha

There is apparently a movie coming out about Flynn later this year, 'In Like Flynn' from the director who did 'Highlander'. Think it'll be a case of having to edit stuff out rather than putting things in!

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
              3. Best of pals, the shotgun and the Samurai. Who are we?
              Is the shotgun Monzon? i.e. 'Escopeta'?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                Unfortunately, these require no logic at all.
                What do they require then, in your opinion?

Comment

Is # 3. Carlos Monzon and Amilcar Brusa?
                  Last edited by mikeg1224; 04-21-2018, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                    Is the shotgun Monzon? i.e. 'Escopeta'?
                    Correct but who is the Samurai?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg1224 View Post
                      Is # 3. Carlos Monzon and Amilcar Brusa?
                      Monzon is right but no it's not his trainer.

Comment

Working...
                      X