Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If We Can't Do Joshua-Wilder, Then Joshua Debuts in U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those IBO fees must be dirt cheap for Joshua to keep dragging on to that cheap belt.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
      AJs last two fights were unification and mandatory and now unification .. who else fights like that.
      Wilder gets prop for a decent fight last one but man he has a lot to make up for.

I suspect its Wilder next of the price is right, I think Wilders lot will take a sensible ratio, its just if Wilder is stubborn it won't. Hearn is a business man and he is addicted to making big stadium fights. Brook fought GGG with an 0, Bellow fought Haye with an 0 , Foch fought everyone. UK fighters aren't as addicted to an 0 look at Frank Bruno lost multiple times still loved still sold massive amount of tickets. Wilder has been the one addicted to his 0 .. won't fight Klitschko not ready yet ... must fight Polish guy no one has ever heard of .. shouldering was hurts etc etc .. zero risk at all points in his career tll he last one.

how the fu#k do you unify a vacant title?

wlad wasnt the wba champion. he lost the title in his last fight to fury and hadn't fought since losing his titles.

unification means champion vs champion. not champion vs former champion that just lost all his titles the fight before
      Last edited by bluebeam; 03-09-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Ibo

Yup..Klitschko was dragging the IBO belt through his reign too. Hopefully AJ dumps it. We don’t need another major sanctioning organization emerging..
        Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        Those IBO fees must be dirt cheap for Joshua to keep dragging on to that cheap belt.

Comment

I know AJ is a good fighter, but I wouldn't put him in a fight in NYC vs. Big Baby Miller, before he fought Wilder. Too risky!

Comment

Make the fight happen next! The fight is nearing its peak interest. If Wilder took half the money to fight Ortiz over Whyte I don't imagine the percentages being too much trouble. Wilder is on record saying he'll take whatever offer as long as they take it in the rematch. So let's get it done!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I know AJ is a good fighter, but I wouldn't put him in a fight in NYC vs. Big Baby Miller, before he fought Wilder. Too risky!
              Exactly right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
                This stuff is just pure fantasy. He wins the title in his 16th fight and takes a voluntary against Breazeale who was unbeaten at the time. They then try to unify immediately against an ATG HW in Klitschko but that falls through because of Klitschko's injury and he fights Molina instead. He then goes on to unify against Klitschko next. He then signs on the dotted line to fight a tough mandatory in Pulev, who falls out late and is replaced by Takam. Next he take ANOTHER unification fight against the unbeaten WBO champ.

How the **** is that busily trying to protect his 0?
                Cool story, nobody would have expected any of those names to trouble AJ beside Wlad. None of them troubled him besides Wlad. Wlad was a calculated risk worth taking.

I didn't say AJ was trying to protect his 0 either, I said his promoter is. I want to see meaningful fights in the division. If AJ wins theres no reason why he can't fight Wilder next.

Comment

Miller is dangerous fight for both, Joshua and Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                    AJs last two fights were unification and mandatory and now unification .. who else fights like that.
                    Wilder gets prop for a decent fight last one but man he has a lot to make up for.

I suspect its Wilder next of the price is right, I think Wilders lot will take a sensible ratio, its just if Wilder is stubborn it won't. Hearn is a business man and he is addicted to making big stadium fights. Brook fought GGG with an 0, Bellow fought Haye with an 0 , Foch fought everyone. UK fighters aren't as addicted to an 0 look at Frank Bruno lost multiple times still loved still sold massive amount of tickets. Wilder has been the one addicted to his 0 .. won't fight Klitschko not ready yet ... must fight Polish guy no one has ever heard of .. shouldering was hurts etc etc .. zero risk at all points in his career tll he last one.
                    I understand your points, but AJ was favourite in these fights (even against Wlad at that point in his career). AJ and Wilder are both in their prime and it's a genuine 50/50. I'm an AJ fan but I think Hearn is scared of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      how the fu#k do you unify a vacant title?

wlad wasnt the wba champion. he lost the title in his last fight to fury and hadn't fought since losing his titles.

unification means champion vs champion. not champion vs former champion that just lost all his titles the fight before
                      Its always interesting when people make stiff up and then swear a lot in the hope of making it true.

The dictionary ..
                      "the process of being united or made into a whole."

Google ...
                      "Unification is the act of combining two or more separate professional championships into a single title"

He unified the WBA, IBF and WBO belts.

Comment

Working...
                      X