Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to boxrec, an old friend is returning to the division. One of the scariest world title challengers in HW history. The immortal.....Alex Leapai!!!!!!
    I still can't believe that dude beat Boytsov.

http://boxrec.com/show/754343
    Last edited by BigZ44; 08-07-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      According to boxrec, an old friend is returning to the division. One of the scariest world title challengers in HW history. The immortal.....Alex Leapai!!!!!!
      I still can't believe that dude beat Boytsov.

http://boxrec.com/show/754343
      I should bump the thread where I predicted he could land a title shot if he was victorious in 1 more big fight. That was after he won the vacant WBO oriental & Asian pacific titles against Mark Hicks. It was way before the Boytsov fight was signed. I believe I had a lot of people calling me delusional & other names...

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        I should bump the thread where I predicted he could land a title shot if he was victorious in 1 more big fight. That was after he won the vacant WBO oriental & Asian pacific titles against Mark Hicks. It was way before the Boytsov fight was signed. I believe I had a lot of people calling me delusional & other names...
        Well, that's a hell of an impressive call, but in fairness I probably would've been calling you delusional too. Lol. That damn WBO Asian title is a real pain in the ass, they have Fujimoto 9th in their rankings right now ffs. There have been some bad title challengers in the HW division in the 2000s, but he might be the worst. Parker did just fight ****ing Cojanu though, so might be off the hook now. Certainly has to be the worst mandatory challenger.

Comment

Well, that's a hell of an impressive call, but in fairness I probably would've been calling you delusional too. Lol. That damn WBO Asian title is a real pain in the ass, they have Fujimoto 9th in their rankings right now ffs. There have been some bad title challengers in the HW division in the 2000s, but he might be the worst. Parker did just fight ****ing Cojanu though, so might be off the hook now. Certainly has to be the worst mandatory challenger.
          Leapai is up there for sure but I also throw in Zeljko Mavrovic too. Lennox had to fight him. I remember Lennox telling Kellerman that Mavrovic was one of his toughest fights. He said he threw everything at him including the kitchen sink & he wouldn't go down. He told Max Mavrovic trained for 2 years waiting for his shot. Max looked at him & said exactly how long was your training camp Lennox? He just smiled & laughed...

Comment

It all started here... https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...leapai+pacific
            Then my next prediction... https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...leapai+pacific
            Last edited by joe strong; 08-07-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Leapai is up there for sure but I also throw in Zeljko Mavrovic too. Lennox had to fight him. I remember Lennox telling Kellerman that Mavrovic was one of his toughest fights. He said he threw everything at him including the kitchen sink & he wouldn't go down. He told Max Mavrovic trained for 2 years waiting for his shot. Max looked at him & said exactly how long was your training camp Lennox? He just smiled & laughed...
              Lol. Mavrovic had one hell of a chin cuz he took a damn beating in that fight. Ate some monster shots from Lennox and kept coming

Comment

Damn, you were all over that situation back then.

Comment

Damn, you were all over that situation back then.
                  Back then I was not well liked by many of the pro-eastern Europe boxing fans because I was very critical of some of the fighters. Most of them posters thought anyone who had a loss or 2 was a complete bum. It was ridiculous. Most of the posters would not bother watching domestic level fights. There were so many of them who refused to watch fighters if they were not top guys. I have been watching every level of boxing in the HW division for a long time. I always said that european fighters coming up should step in with some American journeymen before they move up to the next level because European journeymen were a step below & there were not many that could go rounds. First it was Dimitrenko. I said he would get exposed as soon as he stepped up above European level. I said Botysov & David Price would be next. I said Fury would win a HW title & Price would get exposed when he stepped up. The backlash I got for not jumping on the David Price bandwagon was hilarious. Especially when Fury vacated the british title instead of fighting Price. I said fighting Tony Thompson with only 15 fights was a foolish move on Maloney's part. I said it was way to big a step. I was right on all accounts. The best part was all the pro-eastern euro posters who would got back & delete their posts. Calling Dimitrenko & Boytsov overrated, etc. So many of them were boxing recers. Look at boxingrec without watching fights & then commenting on the fighter or fight that they had never watched. I exposed many posters back then. I pissed enough people of one year I won the most hated poster of the year award. One guy posted there are a lot of posters here trying to sound slimy like me but Joe Strong is a true genuine slimeball. It was a proud moment. I miss the hatred... I was wrong about 2 fighters. Both were American. I thought Arreola would crush Stiverne & would go on to crush Wilder. I thought Wilder would get exposed by Stiverne & would never win a world title... Those were my way off base predictions.
                  Last edited by joe strong; 08-07-2017, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Big Bang Zhang with another 1st rd KO last night, that's 4 in a row and has taken out his last 6 opponents in the first 2 rounds. They really need to step him up now, being 34 already and walking through these club fighters. I'd really like to see him fight Fujimoto in a China vs Japan match.
                    Lately I been watching a lot of the next group of prospects like Kuzmin, Kean, Teslenko, Latham, Arias, Sirenko, Alfonso, Afonin, Gorman, Sheehan & Ilunga. I haven't watched all their fights yet but Teslenko the Ukranian fighting out of Canada looks pretty skilled & he has size. Kuzmin looks good too.

Comment

• David Price will face Raphael Zumbano Love

Comment

Working...
                      X