No announcement yet.

I think Kovalev wins and you're all idiots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    It's when fights like these happen that the really stupid people show themselves on here. All I'm seeing is this is a cherry pick like Kovalev is some wounded dog ready to be put down...are you kidding me? He may be past it but this is a guy that was not that long ago, one of the best fighters in the world. He hasn't got that many miles on the clock. Can Canelo win? Yes he can, but considering he just about edged out Daniel Jacob's in his last fight, I'm not seeing how anyone gets from there to Kovalev has no chance. This some Hopkins-Trindidad Sheet again.

You've got a guy that's 6"-6"1 with a good reach, made a career of using it, hits like a train, can box his ass off, against a guy that's 5"8 on a good day, absolutely unbelievable talent, but has problems moving forward, average engine(at elite level)...he may get to Kovalevs body, but I see him paying the price to get there.

Unless Kovalev gets shot overnight, doesn't make weight healthily, and/or Canelo is ped'd to the max...I just dont see this fight as anything but a pick em, if not Kovalev the fav.
    Why in the fuc do you think the pro odds makers have Canelo a 5 to 1 betting favorite? The bookies are not stupid. They handicap boxers for a living and they are damn good at it. They have to be because they do it for a living. The odds are not always correct but they usually are. Go to any betting place and Canelo is a huge favorite because Kovalev looks like a shot champion. Sure he is still dangerous and could win and he could score a KO but the odds are he won't. If you think otherwise bet on Kovalev and win 3 dollars for every dollar you bet IF Kovalev wins. Good luck. I hope Kovalev wins and turns out to be a cherry pick that went wrong but I doubt that happens, Kovalev can't win on points in Vegas. He needs a KO to win. Even big puncher GGG could not drop Canelo in two fights so Canelo has an iron jaw and is very difficult to KO.

Comment

Kovalev should be the betting favorite period. I think he will drop Canelo early in the fight.

Comment

Kovalev IS SUPPOSED to win but Canelo is on steroids

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          It's when fights like these happen that the really stupid people show themselves on here. All I'm seeing is this is a cherry pick like Kovalev is some wounded dog ready to be put down...are you kidding me? He may be past it but this is a guy that was not that long ago, one of the best fighters in the world. He hasn't got that many miles on the clock. Can Canelo win? Yes he can, but considering he just about edged out Daniel Jacob's in his last fight, I'm not seeing how anyone gets from there to Kovalev has no chance. This some Hopkins-Trindidad Sheet again.

You've got a guy that's 6"-6"1 with a good reach, made a career of using it, hits like a train, can box his ass off, against a guy that's 5"8 on a good day, absolutely unbelievable talent, but has problems moving forward, average engine(at elite level)...he may get to Kovalevs body, but I see him paying the price to get there.

Unless Kovalev gets shot overnight, doesn't make weight healthily, and/or Canelo is ped'd to the max...I just dont see this fight as anything but a pick em, if not Kovalev the fav.
          Did you watch? Jacobs couldn't do ****.

“Edged” is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            yes, kovalev was almost KO'd, almost is not enough. and a couple of things, that was only a round, the eight round. other than that kovalev outboxed (and ended up KOing) yarde. i'm not here to defend canelo, but if there is no CW or rehydratation clause, this is a tough fight for him. people keep talking about kovalev's body, but how is canelo gonna get pass that jab and kova's attack? is he simply gonna let canelo get to him that easy?

i do think they are aiming at probably the weakest champion at 175 lbs right now because no way in hell canelo fights the winner of beterbiev-gvozdyk (nor bivol) but still this is a tough fight as i said before
            You're right. It probably won't be an easy fight for Canelo. What I do think is Canelo is a guy who takes risks but they're calculated risk.
            He sees weakness in Kovalev and thinks he can exploit it. It's interesting that Jacobs has a longer reach than Kovalev and Canelo was able to out jab him at times. Kov has a more powerful jab than Jacobs but Canelo is much quicker and likes to counter.
            BTY If you watch the Yarde fight , you'll notice he started hurting Kov to the body in the 7th and continued in the 8th.

Comment

Mind blowing that Canelo takes this fight. If he manages to win this at 175 that's just unbelievable.

I have him losing.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                Even though Canelo for some reason seems to be a big favorite on paper. Kovalev won't get any credit for knocking out a much smaller Canelo.
                If Kovalev KOs Canelo he will get lots of credit on here. Canelo is like a god to many posters on here. They think he is unbeatable and call him Godnelo, Emperor Canelo, Bossnelo and nonsense like that. They don't think he can lose and certainly not by KO. If Kovalev KOs him much of this forum will be in shock. Truth is Canelo does have an iron jaw but maybe Kovalev can crack that chin.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                  You think a 50/50 = a cherry pick ? All I'm saying is some people are portraying that Kovalev has 0% chance of beating Canelo, and that's why Canelo chose him. Then I'm saying, because of the size, and the fact Kova is still dangerous, he has at least a 50/50 shot, as opposed to 1/99, that some believe.
                  So... to me 1/99 is a cherry pick, not a 50/50. Saying "something else" just means that sure, Canelo gets some credit for a 50/50 risk. If he was facing Gvozdyk, he would have less than a 50/50 shot, and get even more credit.
                  Like I said, I think when you go up in weight, I'm ok with choosing a winnable or 50/50 fight...
                  I didn’t say anything I asked you a question. Because a 50/50 fight when you are “jumping up 2 divisions” does not sound like it isn’t just saying. I’ll put it to you this way, pacquaio goes to 160 do you favor him at 50/50 with Charlo? Money goes to 154 do you favor him 50/50 against Jrock, the other charlo? Again I’m not criticizing I’m just asking you what you meant, you said he’s not a cherry but it’s 50/50? Btw I think there is an obvious power danger if Kovalev lands but I also think Kovalev is in a world of trouble if he can’t keep canelo at arms length it’s in interesting fight. I’d like to see him fight Bivol though.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    If Kovalev KOs Canelo he will get lots of credit on here. Canelo is like a god to many posters on here. They think he is unbeatable and call him Godnelo, Emperor Canelo, Bossnelo and nonsense like that. They don't think he can lose and certainly not by KO. If Kovalev KOs him much of this forum will be in shock. Truth is Canelo does have an iron jaw but maybe Kovalev can crack that chin.
                    Kovalev is a natural LHW who is famous for being a huge puncher. If Kovalev knocks out the smaller Canelo people are just going to say that Kovalev was too big. They will praise Canelo for taking such a big risk fighting a man two weight classes bigger than him.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                      You're right. It probably won't be an easy fight for Canelo. What I do think is Canelo is a guy who takes risks but they're calculated risk.
                      He sees weakness in Kovalev and thinks he can exploit it. It's interesting that Jacobs has a longer reach than Kovalev and Canelo was able to out jab him at times. Kov has a more powerful jab than Jacobs but Canelo is much quicker and likes to counter.
                      BTY If you watch the Yarde fight , you'll notice he started hurting Kov to the body in the 7th and continued in the 8th.
                      ye, is true. he remembered to work the body a little late. but it was surprising how well kovalev recovered in the ninth round.

Comment

Working...
                      X