Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Linares Watched by Average Audience of 1,024,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    The NBA finals hasn't even started yet. If you mean the conference finals, those didn't start until Sunday.
    Still it would steal viewership...I was actually thinking NBA Conference Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by flojspot80 View Post
      Still it would steal viewership...I was actually thinking NBA Conference Finals.
      How would it steal viewership when there were no games on Saturday?

Comment

Main event got 1,439,000 viewers. The entire broadcast was a top 5 program and #1 cable sports program. This was a huge success in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by flojspot80 View Post
          Vegas being in the NHL playoffs might've had a bigger impact since there was no NBA game at that time. Vegas is a huge tv market for boxing.

Comment

Terrible rating. Down 40% from Loma's last ESPN telecast.

More importantly, in basic cable, a 1.0 rating is never something to brag about.

By comparison, in the same time slot on the Saturday before (i.e., May 5), ESPN attracted 2.8 million viewers for SportsCenter. The 1M viewers from the Loma telecast is not a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambino View Post
              Vegas being in the NHL playoffs might've had a bigger impact since there was no NBA game at that time. Vegas is a huge tv market for boxing.
              Las Vegas is not a big TV market - it's the 40th largest tv market in the U.S. - so it has very little impact on national ratings.

Moreover, the Golden Knights game attracted only 2.3M viewers, which likely had little effect on the Loma rating.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
                Las Vegas is not a big TV market - it's the 40th largest tv market in the U.S. - so it has very little impact on national ratings.

Moreover, the Golden Knights game attracted only 2.3M viewers, which likely had little effect on the Loma rating.
                Las Vegas was the biggest market for Lomachenko's previous fight. It might not be a big market for other programming but it is for boxing.

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...st-cable-2017/

The hockey game was the top broadcast show in primetime among adults 18-49. It would've attracted a decent amount of people away from the Loma fight.
                Last edited by Bob Haymon; 05-16-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
                  Terrible rating. Down 40% from Loma's last ESPN telecast.

More importantly, in basic cable, a 1.0 rating is never something to brag about.

By comparison, in the same time slot on the Saturday before (i.e., May 5), ESPN attracted 2.8 million viewers for SportsCenter. The 1M viewers from the Loma telecast is not a good result.
                  Sportcenter had the NBA playoffs as a lead in that week. Getting over a million viewers on ESPN is uncommon for anything that isn't football or basketball programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambino View Post
                    Las Vegas was the biggest market for Lomachenko's previous fight. It might not be a big market for other programming but it is for boxing.

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...st-cable-2017/

The hockey game was the top broadcast show in primetime among adults 18-49. It would've attracted a decent amount of people away from the Loma fight.
                    Again, the hockey audience and the Las Vegas market are relatively small.

Hell, Wilder vs. Ortiz on Showtime went head-to-head against NBA, HBO Boxing, UFC AND NHL - and it still averaged 1.1M viewers.

ESPN has nearly FOUR TIMES as many homes as Showtime and yet Loma on ESPN did only 300,000 more viewers than Showtime's Wilder fight.

So on night with relatively little sports competition, ESPN/Loma did a little better than a network with 70% fewer homes on a super competitive sports night...so tell me again how the Loma rating is good?

Comment

Working...
                    X