Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debunking myth about any 'UNFAIR' cheating by Lomachenko or Rigondeaux in their bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
    Which wasn't the case because Rigondeaux was constantly ducking below the waist and the referee didn't do enough of what was required to prevent Rigondeaux from constantly committing this particular foul. Thus, Lomachenko is not at fault when he was punching Rigondeaux at the back of his head. Likewise, Rigondeaux was constantly holding which prompted Lomachenko to respond with some fouls of his own.

I have very specific standards for what is right and wrong. For me, it doesn't matter whether a boxer is allowed to foul or not. So as long as the same rules are applied to both boxers evenly. If both boxers are allowed to commit fouls evenly, then it is totally correct and fair for me. Likewise, if both boxers are disallowed from committing fouls, then that's also perfectly fair and correct for me. It's only when one boxer is held to different rules and standards compared to his opponent is when the bout becomes 'unfair' and 'incorrect'.

There was nothing wrong or unfair in this bout, as far as I'm concerned. Rigondeaux initiated certain fouls and got away with them. In response, Lomachenko committed fouls of his own and also got away with them. That's all there is to it! Either side complaining about anything 'incorrect' or 'unfair' for either boxer simply don't have any grounds to stand on.
    I kinda/sorta agree. If Rigondeaux was bending over and Lomachenko accidentally hit him in the back of the head then that's ok. If Rigondeaux is bending over and Lomachenko was targeting the back of his head then that's a foul. Lomachenko blatantly targeted the back of his head especially when he did the hammer fist. That's illegal and he should have been warned.

I don't think there was anything unfair about the fight. We know some referees will allow some fouls to take place and some won't. As a fighter you should also be aware of the tendencies of each referee. Lomachenko made a concerted effort to point out every foul he thought Rigondeaux was getting away with while committing fouls of his own. I can't respect him for that. However, I'm definitely not saying the fight was unfair.

Comment

Which wasn't the case because Rigondeaux was constantly ducking below the waist and the referee didn't do enough of what was required to prevent Rigondeaux from constantly committing this particular foul. Thus, Lomachenko is not at fault when he was punching Rigondeaux at the back of his head. Likewise, Rigondeaux was constantly holding which prompted Lomachenko to respond with some fouls of his own.

I have very specific standards for what is right and wrong. For me, it doesn't matter whether a boxer is allowed to foul or not. So as long as the same rules are applied to both boxers evenly. If both boxers are allowed to commit fouls evenly, then it is totally correct and fair for me. Likewise, if both boxers are disallowed from committing fouls, then that's also perfectly fair and correct for me. It's only when one boxer is held to different rules and standards compared to his opponent is when the bout becomes 'unfair' and 'incorrect'.

There was nothing wrong or unfair in this bout, as far as I'm concerned. Rigondeaux initiated certain fouls and got away with them. In response, Lomachenko committed fouls of his own and also got away with them. That's all there is to it! Either side complaining about anything 'incorrect' or 'unfair' for either boxer simply don't have any grounds to stand on.
      Your complaining about "ducking below the waist?" :gay: So that compares to hitting behind the head & punching WAY after the bell?

Comment

its just crybabys being crybabys. theyve got nothing else to go on so theyve gone down the route of attacking lomachenko as being a cheat.

Comment

The correct thing is for there to be an even playing field in a boxing bout.
          Let's just end it here...

Floma and pops never wanted that catchweight at 124. Klimas never reported that Loma would concede to 125 even though Floma was already hitting half a pound over that in several weighins at Featherweight...

Comment

The correct thing is for there to be an even playing field in a boxing bout. That is, the same rules / standards should apply to both boxers during a boxing bout. Either both should be obligated to follow all the rules of boxing. Or both should be allowed to break the rules of boxing.

if one boxer (Guillermo Rigondeaux) breaks the rules (ducking below the waist and excessively holding) and then Vasyl Lomachenko responds by also breaking the rules (punching in the back of the head). Then it is acceptable! Why? Simply because there would then exist an even playing field for both boxers. If Guillermo Rigondeaux was allowed to break a rule, such as bending below the waist whilst Vasyl Lomachenko was prevented from breaking any rules, such as punching in the back of the head and vice versa. Only then would it be unacceptable!

If any boxer is guilty, then it is the one who is initially breaking the rules. Which was clearly Rigondeaux. If Lomachenko responds by breaking a rule himself, then the playing field becomes even and therefore, nobody has to be blamed. Cheating or not cheating, the playing field has to be evened out for a bout to be acceptable and fair.

Also, the referee doesn't invent and create the rules of boxing. That is not the job of the referee. The referee's job is to enforce the rules that have already been established. If the referee fails to enforce an established rule (such as when a boxer is bending below the waist), then the referee is at fault. Just because a referee doesn't call out a foul / an illegal move, doesn't mean that foul somehow becomes legal. Just because a referee allows a boxer to foul / use illegal moves, doesn't mean that illegal move or foul becomes legal. It means the referee is at fault!

In most cases, Rigondeaux was bending below the waist where he was illegally eliminating any legal target area of his body to punch at. Thus, if he gets punched in an illegal part of his body because he is only showing illegal parts of his body by totally eliminating any legal area, then it is his fault. If a punch from Vasyl Lomachenko was about to land in the front part of the face of Guillermo Rigondeaux but Rigondeaux ducks below the waist and gets hit in the back of the head instead, then it is Rigondeaux's fault. If Lomachenko throws a punch at the front of Rigondeaux's body but Rigondeaux turns away and only exposes his back and if the punch ends up landing on the back of Rigondeaux, then it is Rigondeaux's fault.

From what I've watched, the only times Lomachenko was throwing punches at the back of Rigondeaux's head was after Rigondeaux was exposing his own back. That is Rigondeaux's fault and if the referee won't do anything to stop Rigondeaux from doing this, then Lomachenko has every right to throw punches at whatever Rigondeaux is giving him.

We can't ignore the fact that Rigondeaux was clinching / holding excessively. He was also trying to hold and hit on occasions. Along with an elbow attempt too. Lomachenko was responding to most of them with fouls of his own. Thus, I'm not complaining about fouling from either guy because both were fouling. However, Rigondeaux was initiating the fouls and Lomachenko was responding to the fouls initiated by Rigondeaux. In the end, what matters was the fact that it was an evened out playing field. Thus, whatever happened was appropriate and right.
            You're a long winded mofo

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
              Let's just end it here...

Floma and pops never wanted that catchweight at 124. Klimas never reported that Loma would concede to 125 even though Floma was already hitting half a pound over that in several weighins at Featherweight...
              Loma didn't need to take the catchweight, because Rigo decided to fight Loma at 126 with a rehydration clause. Rigo's the one who pulled out of the negotiations.

Comment

if one boxer (Guillermo Rigondeaux) breaks the rules (ducking below the waist and excessively holding) and then Vasyl Lomachenko responds by also breaking the rules (punching in the back of the head). Then it is acceptable! Why? Simply because there would then exist an even playing field for both boxers. If Guillermo Rigondeaux was allowed to break a rule, such as bending below the waist whilst Vasyl Lomachenko was prevented from breaking any rules, such as punching in the back of the head and vice versa. Only then would it be unacceptable!
                You guys w/ this "2 wrongs make a right" mentality have the minds of children. No where in the rules of boxing does it imply this and your very statement is defeated by the fact that every fight has a REFEREE who decides and disciplines, it's not up to the fighters to decide.

The TRUTH, which many can't handle, is that Loma is ok being a gritty/dirty fighter. When he headbutted, that was his own doing, not something "Rigo made him do" . When he ground his forearm on the back of Rigo's neck to push him down and neutralize him, that was his choosing. I have nothing against it because that's how pros fight. They get mean and push the rules a bit. If you resent dirty tactics, you resent Loma. Deal with it bytches.

Comment

If you're listening to Bradley's ringside comments, it sounded like he's puking at the sight of Rigo doing these illegal tactics in there.
                  He couldn't believe a sweet science guy was doing such horrible things.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Are we going to pretend that bending over is the same as punching to the back of the head. Which is the more serious and does more damage?
                    Are we going to pretend that bending below the waist is acceptable? If he didn’t want to get hit in the back of the head he should have put up his gloves and bobbed and weaved not deliberately duck below the waist to avoid getting beat down and schooled.

Comment

The other guy ignored everyone who didnt agree with him, so I cant reply there lol.

Tit for tat is reasonable. Have you guys ever boxed and were getting lowblowed and clinched on every turn and the referee didnt reprimand the other guy for doing fouls?
                      Then its legitimate to retaliate with fouls, because its going to stop the other guy from doing it.

You clinch excessively, you get punched in the balls.
                      You stop clinching, you wont get punched in the balls. Easy solution. So what exactly is the problem?

I know hitting behind the head is dangerous and cause for many boxing accidents, but if rigondeaux didnt bend below the waist, he wouldnt have been caught by the punches behind the head.

Bending below the waistline makes the possibilities to hit you much smaller. The head is impossible to hit wth the exception of an uppercut. The body is protected, because you dont need to pay that much attention to head blows anymore.

Similar with tactical clinches. Those are only used for slowing down the pace and stopping the opponent from having any opportunity to throw back.

If the referee doesnt do anything, what else should you do?

Comment

Working...
                      X