Deontay Wilder Channels His Inner George Foreman Again vs Gerald Washington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder Channels His Inner George Foreman Again vs Gerald Washington

but who'd him beat doe

The hell? does the guy even know boxing? Big George actually knows how to use a jab, and using it to cut off the ring against movers such as Norton and especially knows how to set up right hands constantly. It is insulting to even mention Wilder next to foreman on anything.

Comment

I see your point, coach Barry doesn't know anything because George used his jab against Norton in The Big Man's 40th fight.

What does a mover have to do with a BMGF practitioner challenging another BMGF practitioner anyway? The video isn't even comparing George when he fought guys who move it compares george when he fought other BMG fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        I see your point, coach Barry doesn't know anything because George used his jab against Norton in The Big Man's 40th fight.

What does a mover have to do with a BMGF practitioner challenging another BMGF practitioner anyway? The video isn't even comparing George when he fought guys who move it compares george when he fought other BMG fighters.

barry robinson used to post here. he's not much more qualified than some hack "coaching" kids at a gym. at least he wasn't then.

if you think wilder has much more going for hiim than novice boxing skills, size, and power you're all wrong. he's a crude fighter and there's not much going on "beneath the surface." foreman won a gold medal at the olympics [when boxing in the olympics mattered] and had very solid boxing skills and a very good jab. you saw that later in lfe when he returned to boxing after a lot of his physical skills had diminshed and he was still able to be competitive with a very decent HW era. iwlder's in an awful HW era, in his prime, and relies on nothing but his power and his length. if he weren't physically gifted and in an awful division mostly void of talent you'd have no idea who he is.

Comment

I'm a Wilder fan, but he showed zero boxing skill last fight. He looked like a street fighter that landed a big punch in the fifth and then just went wild for the kill. Arms just flailing

Comment

George know how to punch ,Wilder dont

Comment

Wilder would destroy Foreman. Foreman cannot close distance effectively, give Wilder a 3 inch reach advantage and he's done. Not to mention Wilder hits twice as hard. Foreman had ****ty defense to and is power was good, but somewhat overrated, especially in the later rounds. He falls apart after the 5th and starts looking just as sloppy as Wilder, if not worse. No way Wilder let's a slow ass George Foreman close distance on him.

Comment

Foreman is a proven legendary champion who threw perfect punches with incredible power. Wilder is unproven with Stiverne being his best win. Wilder throws some of the widest, sloppiest, most incorrectly thrown punches I have ever seen a champion throw. Most of Wilder's punches are just arm punches with no real power. Maybe one punch he throws out of 20 punches is thrown correctly with some bodyweight in the punch. With his size and hand speed any punch Wilder throws correctly has KO power. His team needs to work on his punching form. Foreman didn't throw those round the world punches that travel 5 feet. A boxer can see them coming long before they land.

Comment

Awesome breakdown, I really enjoyed it, and even felt like I learned something new. I also did not think this was a bad fight. Heavyweight is super interesting at the moment, and in the top somethings really brewing.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    Wilder would destroy Foreman. Foreman cannot close distance effectively, give Wilder a 3 inch reach advantage and he's done. Not to mention Wilder hits twice as hard. Foreman had ****ty defense to and is power was good, but somewhat overrated, especially in the later rounds. He falls apart after the 5th and starts looking just as sloppy as Wilder, if not worse. No way Wilder let's a slow ass George Foreman close distance on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X