Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Glaser: Real numbers for Spence Porter revealed, 62k PPV buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Why cant we. Numbers are numbers.

And idk that there are more casuals in the game. What makes you think that.

I think casuals come around when big fights come around & we got less big fights now then back when Floyd & Manny were becoming who they would become.
    I think you read me wrong
    I’m agreeing with you
    I thought this would hit max 200000
    And to me that was a real push
    So if it hit the numbers they are saying that would be fughin impressive to me

Comment

mr 62k spence doesnt deserve 50-50 with mr 150k crawford

Comment

why post a made up image???

Comment

I cant believe people would actually want this to be true. Smh

Comment

Why hasnt this thread been deleted when its all based off an obvious photoshopped picture?

Comment

These rabid fanboys love eating dog****

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                What are you looking for. I seen boxing fans more excited for this one than any one since Wilder vs Fury. When you see the hardcores excited on SM thats a good bet its in the 300k range.

Its too bad Manny isnt next. I think that would be a great next fight to get him into the 500k range & getting more casuals throwing money at him. I think Danny could be a dip in buys.
                Just buzz from normal fight/sport fans...I just think boxing pretty clearly has been fading as a sport here for a while, and numbers like this would indicate a big revival in a way...just hard to believe imo.

It's hard to quantify how big of a star someone is...but I just don't see any basis where Spence is a bigger star currently than Crawford or Gervonta Davis or Kovalev or Loma or Jermall Charlo...like where are the 200k+ ppv buys coming in for him vs Crawford or Charlo...I just don't see the buzz for him being a PPV guy...I think him vs Mikey was probably inflated some and most of those buys were probably from Mikey's fans.

As I said I will be looking forward to what the payouts for this fight are...if anyone has that data please let me know...if Spence/Porter make about 2 million for this fight then it is clear enough that the fight sold no more than 100k PPV.

Also, if this sold 300+ PPV, and they then do Spence-Garcia PPV, then I would expect Spence's purse for that fight to be close to $10 million.

I personally just think those are bogus numbers and that even if they become 'official' it is likely from PBC inflating them as they pretty clearly have motive to make Spence/their fighters look very successful right now...that could take Spence Crawford from a 50-50 split to 70-30 which is potentially 10 million dollars difference.

So yeah I will be looking at what Spence and Porter are paid here and nothing else really.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
                  I cant believe people would actually want this to be true. Smh
                  Why would anyone want high priced PPVs to become a thing, especially for fights that should be on TV or like $10-15 bucks

Comment

62k lol no way funny tho

Comment

Stop bumping this fake news

Comment

Working...
                      X