• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimpin' aint easy.

Comment

Originally posted by DespicableMi View Post
      Hi everyone!

I am aware that every coach/gym has it's different protocol and personality... I've been training on & off for a year now. I've been at my current gym for a few months now...

My coach put me against a guy around my size 120 pounds (i'm a girl) for sparring today. He has been boxing for a few months. I've been pretty much dominating my female sparring partners. I guess he had a lot of faith in me to put me up with a dude.

He got the better of me in the first few rounds (we sparred a total of 8). I let my frustration get the best of me, and tired myself out in those rounds.

I noticed my coach watching silently, and left the room. I got really frustrated and felt pretty much disrespected that he did that. If he put me in the ring to spar, he better be there to work my corner... this is not the first time that this has happened... I don't understand why a coach would do that... I can assure you he did not leave as an emergency, etc. The gym was pretty much quiet today on a Friday.

You guys ever experience this with your coach? What are your thoughts on why he would do that??

Thanks!

***I will report all inappropriate/sexual harrasment comments
      Could be anything. Could have had a call, needed to make a call, bathroom run real quick, etc. Hard to say.

Comment

The coach wanted some biff chop, went for a bite to eat perhaps?

Comment

Hi everyone!

I am aware that every coach/gym has it's different protocol and personality... I've been training on & off for a year now. I've been at my current gym for a few months now...

My coach put me against a guy around my size 120 pounds (i'm a girl) for sparring today. He has been boxing for a few months. I've been pretty much dominating my female sparring partners. I guess he had a lot of faith in me to put me up with a dude.

He got the better of me in the first few rounds (we sparred a total of 8). I let my frustration get the best of me, and tired myself out in those rounds.

I noticed my coach watching silently, and left the room. I got really frustrated and felt pretty much disrespected that he did that. If he put me in the ring to spar, he better be there to work my corner... this is not the first time that this has happened... I don't understand why a coach would do that... I can assure you he did not leave as an emergency, etc. The gym was pretty much quiet today on a Friday.

You guys ever experience this with your coach? What are your thoughts on why he would do that??

Thanks!

***I will report all inappropriate/sexual harrasment comments
          Two possibilities;

1. He wants you to learn the hard way, ie learn yourself or get David Hayed, or,

2. He got embrassed by your performance and couldnt take the humiliation anymore

Comment

My coach put me against a guy around my size 120 pounds (i'm a girl) for sparring today. He has been boxing for a few months.

He got the better of me in the first few rounds (we sparred a total of 8.
            Hmm, 8 rounds after only a few months?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Hmm, 8 rounds after only a few months?
              Should it be more or less rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Should it be more or less rounds?
                Read somewhere that Mayweather spars 18 rounds non stop

Comment

Working...
                X