Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol: Kovalev Will Have a Tougher Time With Ward in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev will probably be more cautious this time around knowing that Ward is not an easy fight. In the first fight he admitted he was surprised how easy it was in the beginning. This may have led him into a false sense of security causing him to give away rounds. This time he knows it won't be easy no matter if he gets off to a fast start. Him gassing will also be in the back of his mind. Ward will have the upper hand in the rematch and Kovalev will need a solid game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      Kovalev will probably be more cautious this time around knowing that Ward is not an easy fight. In the first fight he admitted he was surprised how easy it was in the beginning. This may have led him into a false sense of security causing him to give away rounds. This time he knows it won't be easy no matter if he gets off to a fast start. Him gassing will also be in the back of his mind. Ward will have the upper hand in the rematch and Kovalev will need a solid game plan.

you could be right, but I think that would be his undoing

he needs to be aggressive, but smarter

I see this as a very difficult fight for Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        he needs to be aggressive, but smarter

I see this as a very difficult fight for Kovalev
        I agree if he's cautious Ward will cruise his way to a UD. If he's aggressive he will still have to hold back a little bit especially if he is unable to hurt Ward. The last thing he wants is gas like he did in the first fight. I don't think it's easy to fix stamina issues in one fight.

Comment

Undisputed Champion

Comment

I'm excited about this fight but the more I think about it. I know it's going to be ugly and boring.
            I can't blame a shorter armed fighter for doing "what ever" he needs to be effective ( minus hitting the balls) on the inside. That's the smaller mans game.
            Kovalev must be like old Klitzchco, boring as hell keeping those little short arm dudes on the outside. It can be done but I personally don't think Kovalev has the discipline to do it properly for 12 rounds. He does have the talent though.
            Don't think I'll buy the fight this time.
            I will pay to watch Kovalev smash Stevenson.
            Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 06-12-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Ward is gonna easily outbox Kovalev. This will be a very boring fight

Comment

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
                Kovalev is a master boxer he would rather box wards ears off, but Wards clinching last time was extraordinary, i guess having wrestling background helps
                True great boxers FORCE you to do what they want you to do. Boxing on the outside for Kovalev is possible IF he has the discipline and endurance. I'm not sure he has either. He does have the talent to keep Ward on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                X