Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great HBO mismatch Roman Gonzalez vs. Juan Hernandez planned for April 23rd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to add Estrada to this card so they can start building that fight for the fall/late summer.

Looking at latest pics of Chocolatito, he's ballooned up in weight with this long lay-off.

Comment

Juan "Churritos" Hernandez is a good fighter. Personally I think his movement and combinations will trouble Roman, a lot more if Hernandez can withstand Roman's power. Juan is a good boxer, he has power and is rather exciting... It may not be the best fight to be made at the weight, but it's a good preview of what the division has to offer in terms of top talents outside of the three champions in the division.

If Hernandez can withstand Roman's power, I give him a solid chance at the upset. Roman is troubled when his opponents use lateral movements to exploit angles and unload combinations, that's exactly how Estrada fights and why he troubled him so and Juan has a very similar style himself.

I want Churritos to pull it off... It's obvious neither Roman nor HBO want any parts of the Estrada fight at this point. If Churritos pulls it off, a unification vs Estrada for the Ring, WBC, WBO and WBA straps is imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        Juan "Churritos" Hernandez is a good fighter. Personally I think his movement and combinations will trouble Roman, a lot more if Hernandez can withstand Roman's power. Juan is a good boxer, he has power and is rather exciting... It may not be the best fight to be made at the weight, but it's a good preview of what the division has to offer in terms of top talents outside of the three champions in the division.

If Hernandez can withstand Roman's power, I give him a solid chance at the upset. Roman is troubled when his opponents use lateral movements to exploit angles and unload combinations, that's exactly how Estrada fights and why he troubled him so and Juan has a very similar style himself.

I want Churritos to pull it off... It's obvious neither Roman nor HBO want any parts of the Estrada fight at this point. If Churritos pulls it off, a unification vs Estrada for the Ring, WBC, WBO and WBA straps is imminent.
        But he has lost twice.....according to NSB that would make him a bum/cab driver/tomato can.....

....right.

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
          But he has lost twice.....according to NSB that would make him a bum/cab driver/tomato can.....

....right.
          Meh, one came earlier in his career and the other was against, at the time, a fast rising, hot streaking and extremely dangerous Kazuto Ioka. Also, it was at 105... For those who don't know, that's 2 divisions below what Roman currently fights at. However, Juan has stated that he would like to campaign at 115 in the near future, so I wouldn't put too much thought into that.

Truth of the matter is that aside from Roman, Estrada and Amnat, hardly anyone knows any other names. Juan has beaten several strong fighters in his run, this might potentially be his breakthrough performance and can change his life if he manages to pull out a win.

Again, he may not be a betting favorite but I'm rooting for Churritos. I see his talent and skill level and I truly think he can trouble Roman, especially since Roman has been fighting washed up fighters for a few years now. He may not be a household name but Hernandez is a true talent.

It's interesting to read and watch how everyone loves to talk about Roman and his PFP situation, yet have very limited(putting it nicely) knowledge of the weight class he fights in. It's like me proclaiming Floyd is TBE, with extremely limited knowledge of the sport and its history. fun times at NSB... Fun times.

Comment

....right.
            He's really not that good who has he beat

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              Can't peter Nelson force him to fight someone great? Another showcase fight for roman I guess
              Can you imagine if Manny or floyd fought someone with 29 losses as roman did last February ? People would be asking for their heads. Id rather roman fight one great opponent than stay busy fighting 4 no hopers a year
              The problem is he wants to much money for the Estrada fight. It's not HBO's fault. He's fighting on GGG's undercards. If this were a main event I'm pretty sure they wouldn't buy the fight. If he wants the money for the Estrada fight he has to stop fighting on GGG's undercards and venture out on his own to prove he can put at least 8K butts in seats and get 700k viewers. If he can accomplish that then I'm sure he can get that $1 mil for the Estrada fight.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                He's really not that good who has he beat
                Every man that stepped in the ring with him. Who could he beat? Every man in his division and the next!!
                He's an absolute animal. Who would you want him to fight and beat for you to consider him 'good'...?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  ruenerong or estrada are the fights to make.

But aldo5408 be happy, the other name was Mcwillimas Arroyo, who last fought in Sept 2014, losing to ruenerong, coming off a loss before that.
                  what are you talking about? Arroyo is a decorated amateur fighter who arguably beat amnat. Prior to that he hadn't lost in years. He fought last year and eon by ko. He had another match lined up but pulled out because he was told he'd be fighting roman next. You make up stuff way too often.

Comment

Every man that stepped in the ring with him. Who could he beat? Every man in his division and the next!!
                    He's an absolute animal. Who would you want him to fight and beat for you to consider him 'good'...?
                    Naw I meant that hernandez is no good he hasn't beaten any body

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      what are you talking about? Arroyo is a decorated amateur fighter who arguably beat amnat. Prior to that he hadn't lost in years. He fought last year and eon by ko. He had another match lined up but pulled out because he was told he'd be fighting roman next. You make up stuff way too often.
                      Yea man wasn't roman supposed to fight Arroyo or just rumors ?
                      And yea amnat fight was so dirty. Had that fight been anywhere else Arroyo shoulda won

Comment

Working...
                      X