Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucky punch or planned it all along by rd 8?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bit of both. He might have been hoping to land a punch like that but he still needed the opportunity to be there.

Comment

it wasn't lucky...it was all calculated...including stepping on PAC's foot so he can get a more direct shot

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
          Doesn't really mean ****... it's just a classix counter off a right jab, there is no movement like manny or double feint... Marquez just uses his right hand as always. The guy he sparred threw the crappiest jab ever, and Marquez responded with throwing his whole weight behind his punch... in sparing.

In regards to the actual punch, it was not lucky it landed, however it was lucky when it landed, as Pac had over-extended and basically had the force of his momentum + punch = KO. Kinda like he KO'd himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
            This has been driving me nuts. People need to put things in context.

Was it a lucky punch? Yes, in a sense, because it came at a moment when JMM was getting tagged and had his nose busted up. So that punch probably saved the fight for him.

Was it planned? Yes, he had landed it before. He knew when/where to throw it. He saw the opening and let his hands go.

So it was a lucky punch, because of the circumstances at the time that it landed, but it was also the product of skill and timing.
            One of the most contradictive posts I've ever read.

Comment

There's countless videos and evidence out there that JMM was practicing that very same shot. He nailed it right on the button.. precise, accurate, flawless and down goes Pacquiao with a cry of disbelieved flooded sea of fans who can't stop having nightmares about it till this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
                This has been driving me nuts. People need to put things in context.

Was it a lucky punch? Yes, in a sense, because it came at a moment when JMM was getting tagged and had his nose busted up. So that punch probably saved the fight for him.

Was it planned? Yes, he had landed it before. He knew when/where to throw it. He saw the opening and let his hands go.

So it was a lucky punch, because of the circumstances at the time that it landed, but it was also the product of skill and timing.
                So what you're saying is, yes...except no.

Comment

aint nothing lucky about it, he was trying that shot earlier on in the fight and on 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    One of the most contradictive posts I've ever read.
                    What he is trying to say is no it wasn't lucky but I can't bring myself to admit it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                      What he is trying to say is no it wasn't lucky but I can't bring myself to admit it completely.
                      Something like that pal.

Comment

Working...
                      X