No announcement yet.

ESPN messed up should have televised Pacquiao Matt on ESPN not the App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN messed up should have televised Pacquiao Matt on ESPN not the App

You know how those casuals are, they would have ate it up watching Pacman knockout Matthysse and scream he is back oh my GOD 40 year old Manny found the fountain of youth! oh man

They hype would have been huge again, instead it was relegated to a wack app service that nobody uses maybe some teens and college students.

Agree, my dad wanted to watch the fight and I had to go set it up for him. Missed opportunity to not have it on regular ESPN.

Was this even promoted by Top Rank though? Seems like all the leeches (Arum, Roach, ect.) we're trying to sabotage this fight somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      You know how those casuals are, they would have ate it up watching Pacman knockout Matthysse and scream he is back oh my GOD 40 year old Manny found the fountain of youth! oh man

They hype would have been huge again, instead it was relegated to a wack app service that nobody uses maybe some teens and college students.
      The ESPN marketing department know what they're doing. They use a high profile fight to drive people to the app, people who would otherwise resist installing it. Those people try it, hopefully like it and FORGET to cancel...

In the longer term those teens and college students are the ESPN customers of the future and they're growing up used to consuming content via streaming. Unless the ESPN marketing dept want to be out of work in that future they need to make their service relevant to fans of tomorrow.

Job done it would appear.

Comment

it got casuals to download the app. Id say it was smart.

Comment

Bob Arum wanted Manny to face Alvarado so as not to risk losing to Matthysse. I guess he blew that prediction.

Comment

I watched it...dont spend much time worrying what others watch, think, or say lol.

Comment

Yea this App crap isnt gonna last.

Its a pain. Most noxing fans are older. I didnt like the app and watching it that way. Quality is not as good.

Danz is destined to fail as well.

Comment

The Pacman needs to severe all his ties with Bobfather.
                Go back to HBO, SHO, or any entity that doesn't involve Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  Yea this App crap isnt gonna last.

Its a pain. Most noxing fans are older. I didnt like the app and watching it that way. Quality is not as good.

Danz is destined to fail as well.
                  It's not really a pain and it's easy to set up.
                  DAZN also has an app for smart tvs, similar to Netflix so that you will have easy access from your television.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                    The ESPN marketing department know what they're doing. They use a high profile fight to drive people to the app, people who would otherwise resist installing it. Those people try it, hopefully like it and FORGET to cancel...

In the longer term those teens and college students are the ESPN customers of the future and they're growing up used to consuming content via streaming. Unless the ESPN marketing dept want to be out of work in that future they need to make their service relevant to fans of tomorrow.

Job done it would appear.
                    Its only smart if they promoted the fight they just threw it on the app last minute no promotion

Comment

Working...
                    X