No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson, Badou Jack Battle To a Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
    You’re so blind with hate that you missed a highly entertaining fight. What do I do know though I was only there live.

I don't have hate, I just didn't have interest in watching a 40 year old Stevenson vs. a Badou Jack. This fight did not scream "must see" to me.

I doubt I missed fight of the year. If you were there live, good for you. If you enjoyed it, good for you. I'm not going to say that you're wrong for that. I won't knock you for your opinion and what you think. I think myself, I had a better time watching Avengers Infinity War last night than I would have had if I watched Stevenson vs. Jack. That's my opinion.

Comment

• I just scored it a draw too.

Comment

• I had it 115-113 Stevenson, the draw was a fair result. Jack's gameplan was all going perfectly to plan until Stevenson hurt him with two good body punches in the 10th. I hate to say it but Stevenson showed a real champions resolve in this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
          Stevenson was never able to line up a left hand bomb to Jack's face. He hurt Jack with a body shot, that's it.

Stevenson pounded him with more than just one good body shot...
          Jack was hurt bad at the end of the 10th and he was also saved by the bell... 20 more secs of Stevenson beating would have set the table for round 11 and who knows...

Jack was indeed able to negate the lefty with the distance he kept and his sideways stance for the first 4 rounds... That also negated the punch count for Jack... Big shots or not, Stevenson out punched him clearly until round 5 or so... He didn't blast him, but won rounds on volume... Nice thinking from the champ since Jack clearly didn't want to engage for the first 5 rounds...

Comment

• Didn't get to see this fight yet to get a idea who I thought won or how close it was, but Jack can't get a break with these drasw can he?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Didn't get to see this fight yet to get a idea who I thought won or how close it was, but Jack can't get a break with these drasw can he?!?!?!

If professional Boxing was scored on points, we'd have a new Champion this morning... Jack didn't do enough early and paid the price within the points system we have... Stevenson needed one round in the last six to buy a draw... He did it ...I had him winning by 2 points though ... Fair deal...

Comment

• Reading what people had to say, I expected something a lot more clear for Stevenson in the first half of the fight. The first 3 rounds were a tossup, the 4th was clearly a Jack round, and both 5 and 6 were clear Stevenson rounds. It certainly wasn't a "Jack gave away the first 6 rounds" situation and I dislike when people generalize like that. It's so lazy to just say someone dropped the first or last whatever rounds, especially when it's blatantly false like it is here.

7,8, and 9 were easy Jack rounds. The 10th could go either way. 11th was Stevenson's I think, though it could also go either way. 12 was a clear Jack round. So overall I have 5 clear Jack rounds and 3 clear Stevenson rounds. Those toss-ups were a killer for Badou.

It reminds me a lot of his fight with DeGale, where Jack was clearly the better fighter but just didn't have it in him to make it decisive.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Reading what people had to say, I expected something a lot more clear for Stevenson in the first half of the fight. The first 3 rounds were a tossup, the 4th was clearly a Jack round, and both 5 and 6 were clear Stevenson rounds. It certainly wasn't a "Jack gave away the first 6 rounds" situation and I dislike when people generalize like that. It's so lazy to just say someone dropped the first or last whatever rounds, especially when it's blatantly false like it is here.

7,8, and 9 were easy Jack rounds. The 10th could go either way. 11th was Stevenson's I think, though it could also go either way. 12 was a clear Jack round. So overall I have 5 clear Jack rounds and 3 clear Stevenson rounds. Those toss-ups were a killer for Badou.

It reminds me a lot of his fight with DeGale, where Jack was clearly the better fighter but just didn't have it in him to make it decisive.
                  You don't win rounds on the back foot keeping your distance and throwing nothing... And that's what Jack did for the first 4 rounds... Stevenson wasn't stellar of course, but he did just enough to buy those rounds on "aggression" and whatever small volume he had... He just needed 2 of the remaining 8 rounds to get the draw, which he did even though I still had him ahead by the end... Again, fair deal ...
                  Last edited by Superbee; 05-20-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Theres a huge difference in perception of the 10th and 11th rounds based on whether you watched the uk version or showtime version because of the commentators. The uk commentators really emphasised how hurt jack was at end of 10th and how stevenson lost 2nd half of 11th round and rightly so. Rounds should be scored on damage done not connects and stevenson hurt jack enough in 10th to take the round imo, although i could be convinced otherwise. The showtime commentary was poor and it has been declining.paulie is a massively overrated commentator and ranallo has always been terrible. Bernstein is good but the sound effects when i big shot landed like "whoa" especially by paulie by the commentators made it seem like it was 3 fans watching rather than a professional commentary team.

Comment

• Jack has himself to blame and is actually lucky to get a draw. I had it 115-113 for Stevenson personally. Adonis' left hand completely cuckolded Jack the first half of the fight. Badou found some courage in the latter half of the fight and even dominated rounds 7-9 but then in round 10 that Adonis body shot had him clinching for dear life. There were even moments in the 11th where Jack looked ready to go and it looked seconds away from a stoppage. He sucked it up and even turned it around and hurt Stevenson though. That 11th round is round of the year point blank period no doubt about it. It was epic. That 11th round is what boxing is all about. Jack finished the fight in the 12th with a barrage of flush chin shots that would have knocked out most. Stevenson won 7 rounds, was the champion and was fighting in Canada. Jack is very fortunate to get a draw. I didn't see a clear Jack round in any of the first six and he definitely lost 10 and 11 was a toss up even though Jack was almost out of there. Badou did beat the living hell out of Adonis in rounds 7-9 but thats only 3 rounds. I mean the 40 year old couldn't keep jack off in those rounds. But Badou doesn't do enough to win the fights and thats why he always gets draws. Its a flaw in his style and he only has himself to blame. He can't get himself off early in the rounds but then in the later rounds the opponents can't keep jack off. But that actually changed in rounds 10 and 11. The winner was Stevenson. Jack's Mayweather connections made a loss a draw and that makes another pay day opportunity. It should happen in Canada. Stevenson is the champ and clearly there wasn't hometown judging.

Comment

Working...
                      X