Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing to Drug Test from May to September for Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
    That's because the non-positive guy in in desperate need for a huge payday before retiring, and he has practically only ONE choice for that.

Whereas the positive guy, even if widely considered a cheater now, is still a boxing cash cow. He would make more than GGG fighting Saunders, Jacobs even damaged-goods Lemieux, and his opponents would also make more than fighting GGG even if he holds most of the belts, and even if he held ALL of then by beating Saunders.
    Canelo still makes significantly more vs ggg than he does vs anyone else you mentioned. He won't crack 1 mil ppvs vs saunders, jacobs or charlo and could possibly lose to all 3 for less money. If he's going to lose, he may as well do it vs ggg because that's nets him the most cash. Y'all swear Canelo is Floyd when it comes to being an attraction and he's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      I'll add that his training regime has been brutal as well.

He has NO clue. Most likely a teenage kid who thinks he'll feel the same 'forever'.

Got news for him - I'm 57 and even though I'm fit for my age I'm less fit than I was at 55 and way less fit than I was at, say, 47. As for 34 I was running half marathons - no chance to repeat previous times. Aging is progressive.

Hopkins was amazing and Foreman too - but I gotta think they were on something but just never got caught.
      These dudes think that age is not a factor in athletic performance on here.

It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        fought Adama, instead of Mora - citing a bunch of silly excuses
        fought Monroe, instead of Lara - citing a bunch of silly excuses
        fought Wade, instead of Ward - citing a bunch of silly excuses
        fought Rubio/Murray, instead of Cotto - citing a bunch of silly excuses
        fought Brook, instead of BJS - citing a bunch of silly excuses
        fought Vanes, instead of Derev - citing a bunch of silly excuses

his resume since 2014 should be.....

Mora
        Geale
        Cotto
        Murray
        Lara
        Lemieux
        Ward
        Saunders
        Jacobs
        Canelo
        Derevyanchenko

not.....

Adama
        Geale
        Rubio
        Murray
        Monroe
        Lemieux
        Wade
        Brook
        Jacobs
        Canelo
        Vanes

there are sooooo many pointless/irrelevant fights in that bunch

and sooooo many fights that should have happened, but did not

a supposed HOF fighter should not have a history of making silly excuses..... they should have a history of reaching for greatness, not avoiding opponents because they present a threat or a difficult style

the excuses in your post are just silly..... you are literally asking for a reason why Golovkin should have taken the fights he passed on..... which is the same as making excuses why he should settle for "average"

fair enough, you win..... Golovkin is average
        1. Adama - #1 title challenger
        2. Wade - IBF mandatory that was enforced
        3. Monroe - Voluntary defense after defending against Martin Murray
        4. Rubio - Won wbc interim belt so that he could be WBC mandatory for Cotto/Sergio
        5. Brook - allowed a voluntary defense. Made a lot of money in UK against a smaller fighter - that I didn't agree with.
        6. Vanes - allowed a voluntary defense. (pending IBF's decision)

The Lara fight never presented itself. It was Lara calling him out. You're suppose to fight everybody that calls you out now? LOL. You'd be fighting 9 times a year if that was the case.

You keep saying he "should have" take these fights as if he was obligated to take Lara. As if Cotto chose not to fight him, and paid him 800k so he can fight Canelo. The BJS fight hasn't presented itself yet. It sure enough will though. It's only been a year and a half now that Saunders said he's willing to fight Gennady now.

Boxing doesn't work that way man. You can't just say "okay, I want a better resume, so I'm gonna fight Floyd, Manny, Cotto, Canelo, Lara, Ward, and Kovalev". If that was the case, everybody on this planet would have a better resume. The way you tried to nitpick at his resume, the same can be said for alot of other boxers - not ALL, but a great amount of them.

I'm still confused as to who he "avoided". What fight was mandated and enforced that he said "no" to? What mandatory that was enforced did he duck?

Comment

what sort of fanboy rubbish is that ?

in order to make a meaningful fight..... why does Golovkin have to be "forced by a sanctioning body"?

most fighters do it for money/legacy lol

you are literally making excuses for Golovkin like he was your little ******ed brother

fought Adama, instead of Mora - citing a bunch of silly excuses
          fought Monroe, instead of Lara - citing a bunch of silly excuses
          fought Wade, instead of Ward - citing a bunch of silly excuses
          fought Rubio/Murray, instead of Cotto - citing a bunch of silly excuses
          fought Brook, instead of BJS - citing a bunch of silly excuses
          fought Vanes, instead of Derev - citing a bunch of silly excuses

this has been happening for YEARS.....

and yet, you are shrugging your shoulders and saying, wut ?

the reason why Golovkin is widely criticized, is because of the ridiculous excuses that he has made NOT to fight..... the reason why his fans are widely criticized, is because they accept/repeat those same silly excuses
          Fighting his mandatories are very much meaningful. Had he not fought Adama or Wade, he woulda lost both titles. They were his mandatories that were enforced. It's like you want him to give up the belts for guys YOU don't care for. You're all over the place. You want him to defend against his mandatories that are enforced or give up his belt?

He had tons of issues getting people to fight him from 2012 to 2015. There were no big money fights out there for him outside of the Cotto fight which was realistic because he was the mandatory.

You just want him to fight who YOU think he should fought and because he didn't, no matter the reason, you're gonna criticize him for fights not happening. Which is your prerogative, but it's extremely subjective.

I wish he woulda fought Sergio, Cotto, Quillin, and Sturm. They didn't happen for no fault of his, but it doesn't matter. They still didn't fight. It sucks. But that's the reality of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
            1. Adama - #1 title challenger
            2. Wade - IBF mandatory that was enforced
            3. Monroe - Voluntary defense after defending against Martin Murray
            4. Rubio - Won wbc interim belt so that he could be WBC mandatory for Cotto/Sergio
            5. Brook - allowed a voluntary defense. Made a lot of money in UK against a smaller fighter - that I didn't agree with.
            6. Vanes - allowed a voluntary defense. (pending IBF's decision)

The Lara fight never presented itself. It was Lara calling him out. You're suppose to fight everybody that calls you out now? LOL. You'd be fighting 9 times a year if that was the case.

You keep saying he "should have" take these fights as if he was obligated to take Lara. As if Cotto chose not to fight him, and paid him 800k so he can fight Canelo. The BJS fight hasn't presented itself yet. It sure enough will though. It's only been a year and a half now that Saunders said he's willing to fight Gennady now.

Boxing doesn't work that way man. You can't just say "okay, I want a better resume, so I'm gonna fight Floyd, Manny, Cotto, Canelo, Lara, Ward, and Kovalev". If that was the case, everybody on this planet would have a better resume. The way you tried to nitpick at his resume, the same can be said for alot of other boxers - not ALL, but a great amount of them.

I'm still confused as to who he "avoided". What fight was mandated and enforced that he said "no" to? What mandatory that was enforced did he duck?

FACT: Golovkin could have taken ALL of those fights
            FACT: Golovkin CHOSE not to
            FACT: Golovkin is responsible/accountable for his own decisions
            FACT: Golovkin is responsible/accountable for his own resume'

stop making silly excuses for your little ******ed brother

you insisting that Golovkin needs to be forced to make a meaningful fight is actually hilarious

Comment

Fighting his mandatories are very much meaningful. Had he not fought Adama or Wade, he woulda lost both titles. They were his mandatories that were enforced. It's like you want him to give up the belts for guys YOU don't care for. You're all over the place. You want him to defend against his mandatories that are enforced or give up his belt?

He had tons of issues getting people to fight him from 2012 to 2015. There were no big money fights out there for him outside of the Cotto fight which was realistic because he was the mandatory.

You just want him to fight who YOU think he should fought and because he didn't, no matter the reason, you're gonna criticize him for fights not happening. Which is your prerogative, but it's extremely subjective.

I wish he woulda fought Sergio, Cotto, Quillin, and Sturm. They didn't happen for no fault of his, but it doesn't matter. They still didn't fight. It sucks. But that's the reality of the sport.

Adama was not a mandatory

this is the excuse they gave

"Golovkin will be the recipient of criticism for fighting a "nobody," but the star from Kazakhstan simply wants to stay as active as possible"
              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ight-at-monaco

rinse, wash, repeat

once again, their excuse for ducking Mora was..... a) being undeserving..... b) being unknown..... then, they fought a total fkn scrub who was MUCH worse

rinse, wash, repeat

..... and that is EXACTLY what they did with Lara/Ward

rinse, wash, repeat, lol

btw, the " undeserving/unknown " excuse ONLY works if you fight someone better

excuse-making muppet

Comment

FACT: Golovkin is responsible/accountable for his own decisions
                FACT: Golovkin is responsible/accountable for his own resume'

stop making silly excuses for your little ******ed brother

you insisting that Golovkin needs to be forced to make a meaningful fight is actually hilarious
                Adama was meaningful. Wade was meaningful. Rubio. Macklin. Geale. Lemieux. Jacobs. Alvarez.

Not every single fight that every fighter fights is meaningful. Just because it isn't a unification, or for a belt, or a ppv fight, or someone YOU think he should fight doesn't make it non-meaningful. Defending against your mandatories, like he always does (outside of this weird Sergiy situation) is indeed meaningful.

If you don't think defending against mandatories is meaningful, then I don't get why you care if he faces Sergiy. Atleast be a bit consistent. See, what you're doing is: you bash him for facing his enforced mandatories that YOU deem as non meaningful - then you bash him for not facing a mandatory that wasn't enforced (as of yet). You're playing both sides of the fence.

I wish GGG had more people on his resume. I wish Pac did. Floyd. Canelo. Mosely. Loma. Garcia. The list goes on and on. If you're gonna nit pick with GGG's resume, do it to everyone elses.

Comment

Adama was not a mandatory

this is the excuse they gave

"Golovkin will be the recipient of criticism for fighting a "nobody," but the star from Kazakhstan simply wants to stay as active as possible"
                  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ight-at-monaco

rinse, wash, repeat

once again, their excuse for ducking Mora was..... a) being undeserving..... b) being unknown..... then, they fought a total fkn scrub who was MUCH worse

rinse, wash, repeat

..... and that is EXACTLY what they did with Lara/Ward

rinse, wash, repeat, lol

btw, the " undeserving/unknown " excuse ONLY works if you fight someone better

excuse-making muppet

Did I say Adama was a mandatory? My mistake. You listed a whole bunch of names. I may have jumbled them up and I"m sure I had them out of order as well.

You just want what you want. If he doesn't fight someone that you want him to, you bash him. I'd hate to see how you are towards other fights who don't have half of the resume that he has. I wonder if you bash people that give up belts, don't face mandatories, don't ever unify.

I wonder if you think that just because MIkey called out Crawford and Thurman and Errol that if neither of them fight him, then they're ducking him? Especially considering he's at 135 and he doesn't come anywhere near close what they're walking around weight is.

I get your frustration that fighters don't fight everybody you think they should. Unfortunately, NOT A SOLE in the fight game does. That's just the nature of boxing.

You'll be here forever bashing boxers that didn't fight people YOU think THEY should have fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Canelo still makes significantly more vs ggg than he does vs anyone else you mentioned. He won't crack 1 mil ppvs vs saunders, jacobs or charlo and could possibly lose to all 3 for less money. If he's going to lose, he may as well do it vs ggg because that's nets him the most cash. Y'all swear Canelo is Floyd when it comes to being an attraction and he's not even close.
                    Nobody is talking about that F guy I couldn't care less about. He became "an attraction" because of his fight with ODLH, where the latter was BY FAR the A side in that fight, don't remember correctly I think it was 70-30 the split ODLH-FMJ or worse for F. And ODLH was way over the hill at that point, and was completely unfavored to win by betting houses, commentators, fellow fighters including retired ones, everybody. ODLH brought the attention and the million PPV numbers to divisions other than heavyweight, that simple. People like FMJ and even Manny cashed in on it, but Manny is not an American so he actually was and still is a big REAL attraction for his unusual and aggressive style and his super-incredible multi-division championship record.

Next to those two, Canelo is the biggest cash cow in boxing today.

So put it the way you want it, Canelo himself would make way, way more money and PPVs fighting the same opponents as GGG even if GGG had all the belts, and likewise, any fighter fighting Canelo would make way more v. him than vs. GGG, this is regardles of the fact that of course the biggest money-maker fight today is still GGG-Canelo, but that is not my point, my point is that cheater and all, Canelo is still the cash cow in boxing. which is incredible but things are like they are. Floyd cheated MAYBE not with doping --very debatable, he could easily have bought VADA and other agencies for good, his level of muscularity and endurancehas always been very questionable--, but he cheated in all his last fights by excessive clinching, using elbows illegally, pushing, and the list goes on and on, and his referee "friends" never even warned him, and the cowards would never deduct a point from him AT LEAST for doing such cheating, the last time this happened, very deservingly, was in the Castillo 1 fight which he should have lost. He clinched way more vs. Manny but the sold-out referee, disgusting minion, pretended nothing happened. More than a couple dozen clinches deserve at least a couple of points deducted and nothing happened.

Anyway, this was not about that F annoying character, this was about Canelo still being the biggest attraction in boxing today. I don't think Joshua-Wilder in September would make more PPVs than Canelo-GGG, even if Canelo is viewed as a cheater by most now.

But everybody has their own opinion and I respect it. GGG hs never been a real attraction because he is too slow and robotic unlike Manny who always was and is incredibly spectacular and different. Why Canelo is an attraction really beats me, because he is not spectacular and has been beaten already. Maybe because it is so unusual seeing an Irish-looking Mexican being good as a boxer at one of the heavier divisions, IDK.
                    Last edited by sterilizer; 04-23-2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Street15 View Post
                      Adama was meaningful. Wade was meaningful. Rubio. Macklin. Geale. Lemieux. Jacobs. Alvarez.

Not every single fight that every fighter fights is meaningful. Just because it isn't a unification, or for a belt, or a ppv fight, or someone YOU think he should fight doesn't make it non-meaningful. Defending against your mandatories, like he always does (outside of this weird Sergiy situation) is indeed meaningful.

If you don't think defending against mandatories is meaningful, then I don't get why you care if he faces Sergiy. Atleast be a bit consistent. See, what you're doing is: you bash him for facing his enforced mandatories that YOU deem as non meaningful - then you bash him for not facing a mandatory that wasn't enforced (as of yet). You're playing both sides of the fence.

no, that is not true.....

"Golovkin will be the recipient of criticism for fighting a "nobody," but the star from Kazakhstan simply wants to stay as active"

fighting an ex-champ on HBO in a potential break-out fight, was meaningful..... fighting a nobody outside the USA, was not meaningful..... especially when you passed up a MUCH better option with HBO

just, yea..... that is rubbish, just more silly excuses

I wish GGG had more people on his resume. I wish Pac did. Floyd. Canelo. Mosely. Loma. Garcia. The list goes on and on. If you're gonna nit pick with GGG's resume, do it to everyone elses.

if anyone ever passes on more meaningful fights than they have taken, like Golovkin..... then I will, I promise
                      Last edited by aboutfkntime; 04-24-2018, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X