Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Confirms Removal, Will No Longer Call ESPN Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    Asking for responsibility???

He acted as professional as anybody has ever acted. It’s the reason he’s respected like he is. He didn’t do it for Pacquiao buddy... he did it for boxing.

For boxing.
    I sense a bromance here, Lomadeaux clearly has an obsession with Atlas, there’s no point in arguing with this dude. I agree that Atlas knows a lot about boxing but that doesn’t mean he is the Bible of boxing. He will defend his posture (nothing wrong with that) but come on some times he is WRONG and he is not man enough to ever admit it. To the contrary he will raise his voice like a stubborn mad/psycho, I personally won’t miss him.

Comment

• I'm glad Bradley is getting the opportunity.

Comment

• Teddy gets a little crazy sometimes but he tells it how it is and I respect him for it. He really loves the sport and is sick of seeing BS decisions and corruption ruin it so he calls it out when he sees it. The new guy Kreigel is just another ESPN talking head that will only say what his bosses want him to say. Sad day for boxing imo.

Comment

• teddy's probably a helluva drunk, but he's not a good commentator. even when he stuck to boxing, he was still annoying, with his weird analogies like, "we are FIREMEN!", "set the table then clear your plate", etc. his physical demonstrations of keys to victory were often inaccurate, or very incomplete and lacking any depth. their most notable feature was when he finished by saying "BANG, BANG". It made ppl laugh at teddy's buffoonery and theatrics, and left us with the impression that his demonstrations were better left to someone with actual boxing ability. but teddy didn't stick to boxing, because he was far to emotional, and talked for the ENTIRE broadcast from start to finish, from the 1st bell, through all the rounds, in between rounds- to the point where it was sickening, and highly distracting from simply being able to watch and enjoy the action. maybe only max Kellerman, jim lampley, and larry merchant could ever hope to compare to teddy's annoyance quotient when it comes to talking non-stop during a broadcast. most of his time talking was spent arguing and/or clashing with everyone over everything, and complaining about the boxing game and the politics. overall, he was filled with criticism and a negative tone. past announcers going back to don dunphy, howard cosell, gil Clancy, ferdie Pacheco, al Bernstein, steve farhood, and so many others would let the action develop, and never talk through the entire broadcast, but rather, give the viewer a chance to form their own opinions about what they are seeing instead of explaining every second of action and constantly going off on a dumb tangent. bye teddy. 1st ballot double gin and tonic hall of famer

Comment

• Arum made it happen most likely imo

He wants to dumb down the audience and have commentators who prefer higher output come forward guys because thats who he has in his stable

Comment

• I used to like Teddy as a commentator, now he is strongly opinionated and doesn't let anybody make their point.

Comment

• he speaks his mind cant fault someone for that

Comment

• Great. He wants every broadcast to be 'The Teddy Atlas Show' with some boxing in the background. He can get his own show if he wants one, I just don't want him ruining any more fights.

Comment

• Don't really like Atlas but it's sad that they have decided to dump him. He's one of the most well known boxing commentators in the world and has worked so long for ESPN. Hopefully they fire fat dan and give Teddy his job.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Arum made it happen most likely imo

He wants to dumb down the audience and have commentators who prefer higher output come forward guys because thats who he has in his stable
                      Yes. He doesn't want commentators like Atlas telling fans that the mismatches he's going to have ESPN are shit like Atlas would.

Comment

Working...
                      X