No announcement yet.

Rope Skipping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rope Skipping

Alright, my mom picked me up a jump rope today.. I need some like tips to get me going, cause I know I suck at it. I know practice, practice, practice will help, but do you guys have any links to useful sites?

Help would be appreciated.

Comment

uhh yeh my problem is i jumptoo high.

Comment

well dont jump to high, lolz, you only need to jump high enough for the rope to go under wich is very little. keep ur shoulders relaxed and elbows in and just rotate ur wrists a bit aswell as in the elbows and you should be good after a bit of practice. start off with jumping with both feet then move to one foot at a time.

Comment

Hey... i dont know if i should jump with the weights in the jump rope or without?

Comment

Originally posted by PeRc-piskot View Post
            Hey... i dont know if i should jump with the weights in the jump rope or without?
            If you're jsut starting out you should probably go without em... but Idk

Comment

its good to look in the mirror at your feet for new starters of jump roping you can what your doing wrong that way

Comment

I tried it out earlier and I was actually suprised... I think Im going to get it down quicker than I thought.

I just find my self wanting to jump higher than I need to and I bend my kness too much

Comment

Originally posted by PeRc-piskot View Post
                  jump with weights? as in add weights to it or buy a weighted jump rope?

Comment

Working...
                  X