No announcement yet.

Prospect Xavier Martinez leaves mayweather promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Haymon basically convinced Floyd to put his money away in annuities, property/real estate, and other investments, with Floyd basically being free to do whatever he wants with the residual income/interest.

Floyd had, after paying taxes, his trainer, Haymon, etc, at least $125m in cash/cash alternatives to his name before getting the $70m he picked up for the Alvarez fight. lol.

Hate as much as you want, Floyd has made and kept far too much of his money to ever have to work again, for the rest of his life and his children's lives.

The 30-year treasury just got over 3%; Floyd's likely kept more than $400m, but even at that $400m in 30-Y would get Floyd $12m a year, for 30 years, and he'd still get his $400m back at the end of the window. And there's no doubt in my mind that he's better invested then that.

No idea what Floyd's actual numbers are, but a man getting $2m-$3m a month as the residual on his invested money, isn't ever going broke (especially when the gambling that he usually does seems to almost completely be sports betting on favorites, lol).

Floyd's chilling
    If you say so I can care less about Mayweather I'll comet on him when someone makes a blog I could be wrong or right

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Mayweather is a good boxer just a stupid business Man and promoter if it wasn’t for Al Haymon he would be a stepping stone fighting under Bob Arum today
      if it werent for haymon and ellerbe, floyd would have just been another broner lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        I dont think Floyd cares much about being a promoter. He set up Mayweather promotions for his own gain during his time as a fighter.

He is almost a billionaire. He dont care about helping other fighters.
        He’s gotten guys that prob didn’t even earn it yet title shots. If that’s not helping them idk what is. Put them on huge ppv undercards

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          if it werent for haymon and ellerbe, floyd would have just been another broner lol.
          Unlikely, tbh.

Floyd still had James Prince guiding him before Haymon (Prince wasn't gonna let Arum short Floyd a dollar on anything), and Floyd only has 4 children, 3 of whom with the woman he'd been with since high school (as much noise as Floyd makes, the fact that he doesn't drink/smoke has saved him a ton).

Floyd would've still fought his way to being the best 147lb fighter on the planet, he might've left Arum at some point anyway, but he would've had a Roy Jones Jr type of career (wunderkind talent, basically stuck at 500k-600k homes on PPV per fight).

Floyd would've still been Floyd, but on a smaller scale; at $10m-$15m a fight, we're likely talking about 2 Bugattis instead of 20, 10 watches instead of 100, and The Big Boy Mansion would've likely have been Floyd's opus instead of 1 of 4/5 luxury residences across the country.

Comment

I think he should just focus on a few numbers of fighters. You dont need to have 50 fighters in your stable. You can have 10 fighters and look out for their best interest.

Comment

floyd will fight in 2019 again to support and feed his family.

Comment

I agree cause Margarito with that Plaster of Paris would have ruined the guy

Comment

Who gives a eff? It’s nobody’s money but his, he earned it, now let him squander it if he chooses

Comment

Naw. He still would have beat Oscar and become the PPV king without Haymon and Ellerbe.

Comment

problem with floyd is the same problem that pbc has and that is they signed too many damn fighters but dont have enough dates to give them all fights. Mayweather took fighters that were fighting 4 times a year to having them fight once every year and a half now not only do they need to stay active as young fighters but they need them small consistence paychecks to keep their head above water.

Take Neno Rodriquez for example who recently left Mayweather promotion he was fighting 4 times a year before signing with mayweather and getting paid about 10K per fight, thats 40K a year nothing great but plenty enough to live on for a young fighter now he moved to mayweather promotion who pays him the same but was only able to give him 1 fight every year, so he had to live off 10K for over a year lol thats hard to do. So most are leaving him for buisness reasons, they doing whats best for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X