Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same people who praised Floyds A side behaviour now critique Joshua doing the same?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Im saying AJ is not in Floyds league and that Floyd earned his A side from beating the best of the hottest divisions in the sport, its not about money its about the status of the fighter based on his ring accomplishments, on that AJ cannot carry Floyds gym bag.
    Doesn't matter whether you think AJ deserves A side or not, the fact remains, he IS an A side. It's not something your earn either. If tons of fans come out to see you and stay at home to buy PPV, then it is what it is. Disputing doesn't make it not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Doesn't matter whether you think AJ deserves A side or not, the fact remains, he IS an A side. It's not something your earn either. If tons of fans come out to see you and stay at home to buy PPV, then it is what it is. Disputing doesn't make it not true.
      You got some bad comprehension, I didn't say AJ is not the A side I said his status does not compare to Floyd as the topic eludes too, you cannot compare AJ to Floyd in any capacity they are very different classes of fighter, Floyd earned it AJ was given it by the UK fanbase.

The last interview I seen with AJ he states why should he fight Wilder at 60/40 when he can get 80/20 from nobodies and no risks , and he said these nobodies are lined up, that's not A side that's self preservation.

Comment

Of course Joshua is the A Side here and comparable to a younger Floyd Mayweather.

Floyd Mayweather who just beat Oscar dela Hoya is like Joshua who just beat Wladimir Klitschko and on top unified the Heavyweight division.

Joshua makes 20M+ a fight, sells out 80-90k stadium, has huge endorsements deals.

Wilder makes 2M a fight, cant sell out his backyard and is relatively unknown.

Thos are all facts. Joshua sells more PPV per fight (a 26$) in the UK than Wilder has cable TV viewers in the USA, while USA has 5 times the population as the UK.

Joshua has fought better and tougher opponents in just 20 fights (5 years as as a pro), while Wilder faced lesser opponents and this guy has 40 fights and is already 10 years fighting as a professional. Both guys have similar amateur experience, so thats no excuse.

Even in the USA Joshua is as well known as Wilder, internationally Joshua is way more popular, its no competition. Americans need to be less ignorant and realize theres a huge world out there.

Anyway, I am not a Brit and I am not even a fan of Joshua, I wouldnt mind if both AJ and Wilder lose their next fights. I think the Heavyweight division is pretty much garbage and I want this fight to be done with, I think the upcoming WBSS Cruiserweight champion has a good chance to beat all the top Heavies out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          You got some bad comprehension, I didn't say AJ is not the A side I said his status does not compare to Floyd as the topic eludes too, you cannot compare AJ to Floyd in any capacity they are very different classes of fighter, Floyd earned it AJ was given it by the UK fanbase.

The last interview I seen with AJ he states why should he fight Wilder at 60/40 when he can get 80/20 from nobodies and no risks , and he said these nobodies are lined up, that's not A side that's self preservation.
          A side has nothing to do with achievements, it's all down to whether the fans want to watch you or not.

AJ earned it by winning a gold medal, being a fighter people wanted to watch, and taking on fights so early on in his career.

Why would he need to overpay Wilder? He doesn't have some kind of divine right to have a big payday. He's a nobody. Floyd's opponents that he cherry picked had done more than Wilder and yet they had no problem accepting a few million. Wilder doesn't deserve ****. If he continues to price himself out Joshua has plenty of options. When you're taking on the best in the division, it isn't called self preservation, it's called cleaning out the division. That's what you're supposed to do. If Wilder wants to continue holding Joshua to ransom, then he should be ignored. You don't just give in to their silly demands.

Comment

Joshua hasnt done 1/100 of what Mayweather has, stupid thread

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Yes he is. He's only had 20 or so fights and beaten them all
              Floyd at 20 fights was not hiding behind A side nonesense, he was fighting the top fighters he needed to fight

Comment

He turned it down when he ducked Pac for so many years. So you're wrong there. But that's all the Americans have... complete rubbish.

AJ wanted the fight at home because he was the A side. He has every right to do so.
                what purse did floyd turn down?

what was the number?

i dont want your opinion, i want facts.

what was the guranteed purse number that floyd turned down?

we know the number AJ turned down
                Last edited by bluebeam; 07-02-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

How much was Floyd selling on PPV outside of Pac and McGregor?

2.4 million against oscar
                  2.2 million against canelo
                  1.5 million vs cotto
                  1.4 million vs mosley
                  1.2 million vs marquez.
                  900k vs hatton

floyd sold more ppvs than anybody ever

Comment

For the sake of the HW division, this is a page from Floyd's book.

AJ earns between $15-20M per fight, Wilder earns about $2M.

AJ has packed arenas with over 80K asses in seats, Wilder does about 12K on a good night.

AJ has about 20 companies that endorse him, Wilder has ???

When you look at AJ's earning power, he is without a doubt the A-side. He can keep fighting marginal opponents and earning $20M per night (Miller, Whyte, Stiverne, Oquendo). He can make a super-fight with Fury next year for big money. He can take on some upper tier opponents like Ortiz, Pulev, Bellew and earn his $20M+ that way. He doesn't need Wilder, at least not in the near term future.

Wilder on the hand, has very few options to earn more than $2M. He is 40 fights in and his best win is Ortiz. He would rather fight no-hopers for 11 more fights so he can go 51-0 and claim he is the greatest of all time. Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                      Wilder is closer to AJ in status then all those guys were too Floyd. And remember we never know how much those guys made, remember Berto’s “ if you only think I made 4 million your crazy” rant or the fact that Maidana retires after his Floyd fights.
                      I do wonder how much they actually made. Maidana just said F it and never looked back. I bet it was more than they told. I can't blame Marcos one bit.

I would into the sunset as well. Who wants to fight when you're rich?

Comment

Working...
                      X