Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I ask one SERIOUS question about this 50 million offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why this fight and not for Wilder/Szpilka (or whoever)

The same reason Golovkin fighting Canelo makes big bucks on PPV but Golovkin fighting Vanes doesn't even get a ppv at bat.

Wilder/Joshua is the biggest fight for either fighter, right now. Sure, it's a gamble to assume it will do enough business to cover but somebody with deep pockets seems to think it's worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      There is no such thing as "let me tell you something verbally, I want you to agree with it in 24 hours and then I'll give you all the details" in business. That is literally what Wilder's team have done.

It is exactly what the UAE group did with Pac and Khan and that fell through and everyone involved wasted their time.

If you do not have any business understanding, or lack boxing history knowledge, please stay out of this discussion.
      u are pathetic, you have no idea what wilders team did you haven't seen anything just like you didn't for the so called 12.5 mil offer but you agreed and posted all day that wilder should accept it, AJ said give him 50 mill and he will sign and now it comes and your ass is asking where it came from and coming with more excuses and arguments. if your azz is such a promoter why the hell are you on here all day and not promoting fights your damn self? your a fan just like myself. I want to see the fight and talk about how it will play out, not sit here and argue back n forth with another fan about numbers and money that I will never see. aj said he will sign its on record, lets get it on

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Oscar's offer to GGG says hello LOL. Do you remember how you defended that supposed flat fee offer? Degenerate.
        What's that got to do with this?

Was GBP an unbelievable and unrealistic offer like Wilders?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Im clearly talking to an imbecile!

But i picked up on that AWHILE back ,the most recent one being .....

Hearn is holding Joshua back bc he needs to fight more power punchers ?!
          I wouldn't have a problem with hearn wanting aj to fight a puncher before wilder it would actually make sense... the thing is just say it and stop with all this BS. and you didn't see the hearn 12.5 mill deal nor have u seen anything wilder and his team sent you are just defending one over the other as you have been doing

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            lol, the more I see you post, the more idiotic I believe you are

There is no such thing as a guarantee unless there is a signed contract, otherwise any old tom, dick and harry can say "yeah, Ill pay up $100 mill"...no that is not how business works.

If a party is making a guarantee, they must be able to prove it, whether it be through showing their financial details of how the money is going to be brought about, or by producing a contract with the relevant details.

This is the exact reason the Pac/Khan fight in the UAE fell through.

that's not how these things work dude! contracts and offers are not the same thing! this is an offer with a guarantee! contracts will go line by line and be written by attorneys, they way they always are! it's clear that you don't understand that!

parties agree to terms and then they hash out contracts. PBC had over 400 million in endowment and probably has a quarter billion in cash. CBS owns showtime and they are one of the biggest media companies in the world. who the f#ck do you think the offer is coming from? deontay himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              IF they have that kinda money lying around, why has Wilder only been getting like 2 million paypackets?

No hate, no bs, just serious responses please.
              They have that kind of money for THAT fight.Its obs a MUCH bigger fight which =more money.Also Wilder after last fight will be getting more then 2.2 mil going forward.He drew over a mil on Showtime(no else doing that except MAYBE Broner)and also drew 15000 to Barclays.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                that's not how these things work dude! contracts and offers are not the same thing! this is an offer with a guarantee! contracts will go line by line and be written by attorneys, they way they always are! it's clear that you don't understand that!

parties agree to terms and then they hash out contracts. PBC had over 400 million in endowment and probably has a quarter billion in cash. CBS owns showtime and they are one of the biggest media companies in the world. who the f#ck do you think the offer is coming from? deontay himself?
                As Hearn mentioned Wilder might not have the funds, he wants an agreement and then try and get the guarantee by shopping around. This is why Hearn wants proof. He doesn't want to be wasting time on a deal that doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  IF they have that kinda money lying around, why has Wilder only been getting like 2 million paypackets?

No hate, no bs, just serious responses please.
                  Lmmfao lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    As Hearn mentioned Wilder might not have the funds, he wants an agreement and then try and get the guarantee by shopping around. This is why Hearn wants proof. He doesn't want to be wasting time on a deal that doesn't exist.

dude this is not eh kiddie pool, this is CBS and showtime with a strong relationship with al haymon. those two working together are aruably the strongest partnership in boxing right now along with eddie and sky, and they certanly have more money and serve a larger market. ask eddie, he's said it before, the end game in boxing for this match or any other is on american ppv and in las vegas. wilder has more upside, and more powerful / wealthier backers! haymon had 400+ million in capital to start, and though some is gone, he's certainly got plenty of his endowment left!

there is no shopping around! CBS cuts 50 million dollar checks several times a quarter! they gave floyd a quarter of a billion dollar deal and dealt with him directly! they're basically a promoter! and they promote boxing matches that have been several times this size!

while it's obviously not an airtight contract that's been hashed out by both parties, this is an offer designed to get the ball rolling on negotiations to hold the fight in las vegas and on american PPV. eddie can take the fight, it can bomb, and joshua's side can still make 50 million. and if it does well they've got a split.

there's nothing wrong with this offer as a starting point. brits are starting to move toward the idea that a "contract" is the same as an offer, and it is not!

Comment

I decided to get off my ass and look into this offer. It looks to be legit. When asked who guarantees the money to Joshua Shelly Finkel says, Al Haymon and I have never failed to produce.

Comment

Working...
                      X