Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Sues Managers, Hermann Brothers, For $3.5 Milllion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    Are you guys saying that GGG’s defense in court are debating who won between Canelo vs GGG while the judge is sleeping on his back seat like Homer Simpson while the Herman Brothers have no clue what the defense is talking about and what it has to do with 3.5 million?
    Errr.... maybe? It's debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
      Oh that's cute. The simpering infant calling for a way to block all output from a particular journalist for merely describing the reception to a pair of consecutive fights accurately and objectively is telling me to a suck a bottle. See, this is what happens when you make baseless assumptions. I, like you, thought Canelo won the secon fight soundly. That doesn't make its general reception any less controversial (every bit as controversial as the first whether you or like it or not) or your reaction any less stupid. That you are apparently so hyper- fixated on any perceived scrap of anti-Canelo sentiment that you would twist a mere casual and accurate assessment of a fight's reception made in passing in an otherwise unrelated article into some kind of embarrassing paranoid screed on pro-GGG bias pretty much says it all as to who the real "fangirl" is.
      Obviously you don't know who Keith Idec is, yet here you are, ignorantly arguing against an already set precedent on what constitutes bias. I made no assumptions. I stated facts. It is not controversial no matter how much you want it to be. Literally lil g's coach said as much. Keep crying though. ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        It's debatable if people who appear to be otherwise reasonable are debating it... in fact any close decision in boxing is by definition a debatable result, being as how the scoring has a subjective element. Hell the 3 judges didn't even agree on the winner. If scoring boxing wasn't debatable then all three judges would always have the same score and 80% of boxing discussion would immediately cease to be. The fact that you are personally convinced that your opinion is correct doesn't instantly make all other opinions cease to exist y'know.

Any particular reason I should know about why your opinion is so much more valuable than that of those who disagree with you?

All you're actually saying is "my opinion is that anyone who disagrees with my opinion is wrong", which ain't really newsworthy since that kinda goes without saying.
        "...in fact any close decision in boxing is by definition debatable."

Tells me all I need to know. The Mayweather-Pacquiao fight alone destroys your "fact" as it was a close but clear win for May. This makes your opinions obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by Level37scythe View Post
          "...in fact any close decision in boxing is by definition debatable."

Tells me all I need to know. The Mayweather-Pacquiao fight alone destroys your "fact" as it was a close but clear win for May. This makes your opinions obsolete.
          The fuck are you talking about? How is a 16pt swing a close score? And yes I agree that Floyd won clearly, though people quibbling over a round or two mean that the individual judges scores are indeed still debatable even if the result itself isn't - at least to my mind.

GGG - Canelo was a 4 point swing and if a single judge had given one more round to Golovkin the result would have been a draw. In fact the only thing that ain't debatable about the GGG - Canelo fight is that the result is not only debatable, but has been hotly debated ever since.

Anyways. I've wasted too much of your time already. You clearly still don't understand the meaning of the word 'debatable', and it don't look like you're willing to acknowledge your ignorance (or mistake if such it was) so we'll just leave it there, huh?

debatable adjective
          de·​bat·​able | \ di-ˈbā-tə-bəl
          , dē-\
          Definition of debatable

1: claimed by more than one country debatable border territory
          a : open to dispute : questionable the debatable wisdom of his advice
          b : open to debate
          3 : capable of being debated
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-08-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Level37scythe View Post
            Obviously you don't know who Keith Idec is, yet here you are, ignorantly arguing against an already set precedent on what constitutes bias. I made no assumptions. I stated facts. It is not controversial no matter how much you want it to be. Literally lil g's coach said as much. Keep crying though. ******.
            I'm perfectly aware of who Idec is. It isn't that Idec is flagrantly biased in favor of Golovkin; it's that he simply doesn't suck Canelo's dick to your satisfaction and that coupled with your overt Canelo bias causes you to see his journalism through that warped prism while reasonable people see it for the unbiased half decent journalism that is it. It's fine, you keep doing you.

Comment

I hope fans don't say the same things about GGG they said about Floyd, Ward and Mikey when they sued.

Comment

This is the original lawsuit filed by Golovkin which MCC is referring to with the cross complaint

Comment

Working...
                X