Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 2019 Canelo more Heavy Handed than Prime GGG or Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
    What are these nonsense claims based on? Who has canelo ko'd or knocked down which shows he has heavy hands? Khan,smith,Rocky,Kirkland,Bambi legs trout? He's never stopped or dropped anyone above the c level.
    Lol. Were the Charlos able to stop Trout who’d already been through tough fights with Cotto, Lara and Canelo?

I think the thread title includes “2019.” Canelo is 28.

I doubt fans assume PAC knocking down Algieri 6 times means “hells nah, Pac was KOng guys at Super Bantamweight, so there’s no way Pac could KO Hatton at a 140. Derp derp derp!”

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      Thanks to HBO for uploading many great free replays online. Saw the GGG vs Jacobs fight last night, before the Davis fight.

I must say, Jacobs seems to have power easily rated at 168, as does GGG.

However, now that Canelo in his recent pad work with Eddy Reynoso, he doesn’t look as fast as 154 age workouts, though he’s moving Reynoso easier off his feet.

I was impressed how Jacobs could move GGG a bit easier than Canelo did in the first fight, that’s debatable, but is the current Canelo more heavy handed than both Golovkin and Jacobs ever were?
      No. GGG had 22 KOs in a row. Any version of GGG hits harder than any version of Canelo. Canelo is a very hard puncher and hits harder than Jacobs but GGG is the hardest puncher of all the middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
        Thanks to HBO for uploading many great free replays online. Saw the GGG vs Jacobs fight last night, before the Davis fight.

I must say, Jacobs seems to have power easily rated at 168, as does GGG.

However, now that Canelo in his recent pad work with Eddy Reynoso, he doesn’t look as fast as 154 age workouts, though he’s moving Reynoso easier off his feet.

I was impressed how Jacobs could move GGG a bit easier than Canelo did in the first fight, that’s debatable, but is the current Canelo more heavy handed than both Golovkin and Jacobs ever were?
        Up to this point in his career I'd say no.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          No. GGG had 22 KOs in a row. Any version of GGG hits harder than any version of Canelo. Canelo is a very hard puncher and hits harder than Jacobs but GGG is the hardest puncher of all the middleweights.
          Let us rephrase the theory...

Is PRIME CANELO NOW 160 28 years of age, can he KO any of those style opponents from those - “22 KO’s in row?”

Easier to understand when better referenced yes?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Up to this point in his career I'd say no.
            So could Canelo KO Kassim Ouma or Adama? Canelo is 28. How old was Golovkin when he fought those guys?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              22 ko's in a row against who???

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                What are these nonsense claims based on? Who has canelo ko'd or knocked down which shows he has heavy hands? Khan,smith,Rocky,Kirkland,Bambi legs trout? He's never stopped or dropped anyone above the c level.
                He hurted Lara with body shots

And made GGG run

Smith said that Nelo has better power than Munguía thats a big and young guy.

Canelo is not a k.o artist, he is a very Smart fighter with a lot of tools.

But he likes to choose his shots.

Comment

GGG hits the hardest. Canelo and Jacobs hit equally hard. With one punch I would actually say that Lemieux hits harder than all of them though. He just can't box worth ****.

Comment

I'd say his power right now is better than grandpa GGG. But ggg in his physical prime probably still hits harder. And yeah he has more power than Jacobs, any version of Jacobs

Comment

No. He’s got the skills though to use his power effectively.

Comment

Working...
                      X