No announcement yet.

Loma offers Walters 300k of his own money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Loma vs Rigo Loma vs Walters the hardcore fight fans want to see. Loma trying his best to get them in the ring.
    How much did Loma offer Rigo then?

Comment

Not only is Loma the most skilled fighter in the sport,he's also the most handsome.

Comment

"My bad"

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          Wait, how much has Walters entertained HBO watchers or for Top Rank? His record and prestige as a pro supersedes Loma any day. The fact that they are reporting Loma providing more for Walters purse is a tacky and shows HBO weakness. 1 million for Walters sounds fair.. making it sound like he's the problem. Lol
          Sad that some boxing fans have this mentality.

I like Walters but what pretige does he have? Nobody knows who he is. He brings no tickets, no revenue, nothing. His last fight was in NYC. There are so many Jamaicans that live in new york, ct, and new jersey and literally maybe 10 showed up at msg that night. Loma is only known slightly more, but he has a title, has some fans that will show up from his part of the world, and is a 2 time gold medalist. Both guys should be happy with 500k.
          Last edited by PK3434; 03-24-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

How much did Loma offer Rigo then?
            I think Rigo was getting 500k but Rigo said he wanted more than 1.5 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              I think Rigo was getting 500k but Rigo said he wanted more than 1.5 mil.
              I said how much did Loma offer Rigo from his own purse since Loma wanted it badly? The article is about how much Loma is offering Walters from his own purse

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I would consider HBO's amount kind of lowball for that fight, a million is a bit much for each guy but finding an extra half million from HBO and Top Rank so both guys are getting 750 should be doable.

Plus there is the whole Arum loves to talk about the money in a deal but not what it takes to get that money. If Walter's doesn't want to sign away his soul for a less than 1 million, then Arum is going to turn around and use the press to say he turned down the fight and over priced himself without including some important info. It is how Arum rolls
                I do think the fighters are getting underpaid a little. The $750K part I agree with. Arum's usually a greedy guy but HBO's troubles are a secret at the moment, so I don't hold it against him as much as I have done in the past regarding paying his fighters.

Comment

I know Walters type. He puts on a front,he acts like he wants to bang. Then a guy like Loma steps up and says "I'll be your huckleberry" and all of a sudden Walters is behind his friends being "held back" while Loma gives him a cold stare with those beautiful eyes.

Comment

I said how much did Loma offer Rigo from his own purse since Loma wanted it badly? The article is about how much Loma is offering Walters from his own purse
                    Well wouldn't make much difference would it since he wasn't getting anything close to 1.5mil+, lets see if Walters budges, i think he will but im not holding my breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                      Sad that some boxing fans have this mentality.

I like Walters but what pretige does he have? Nobody knows who he is. He brings no tickets, no revenue, nothing. His last fight was in NYC. There are so many Jamaicans that live in new york, ct, and new jersey and literally maybe 10 showed up at msg that night. Loma is only known slightly more, but he has a title, has some fans that will show up from his part of the world, and is a 2 time gold medalist. Both guys should be happy with 500k.
                      Its sad YOU think that way. It's not a boxers fault if he values himself on his empirical merit in the PROS. Not amateurs or the Olympics. How many Olympians have been KO'd in the Pros?

By your logic then Rigo with two Gold medals, more amateur bouts, more belts accomplished, more bouts, of course Rigo gets a bigger purse than a 1 loss and 6 bout Loma who? Gary Russell Jr. to a Donaire?

Oh yeah, the casual Im-A-Boxing-Fan-Forum-Promoter excuse about no seats. A perfect reason why PBC is a respected platform.

Comment

Working...
                      X